Chapter 8: A New Life That Turned Into A Regular Life

The First Christmas With Snow

Many days and maybe weeks past. I did text my mom and she replied saying that she was doing well.

"Mom is doing well here. I miss you. I hope you can come back soon."

"Yes mom. Don't worry, I am busy right now, so I will talk to you later."

Everyday, it was like that. I didn’t have enough time to talk to my mom. I was busy. Slowly, I didn’t even have time to touch or look at my phone. I was too busy and tired. 

Every after photo shoot and trying on clothes, standing, i was tired and passed out on the bed at home. I slept early, woke up early for the next day's shoot. 

And within 2 months, I saw my pictures in magazines, posters, and in those stand up real life size posters. 

I didnt believe that I would be like this. Many people liked me and they started to send me little gifts. I received a lot and thought to myself that I didn’t know that I will be like this.

That day, Seo Yeon saw me and she said "Wow, congratulations. You made it through the hard part of the job, being on magazine. You did awesome, would you like to go out tonight and eat dinner?"

"Yes, sure, I treat. :) "

I had a break after that talk and walked out of the building to the nearest mall, of course noticed me, but they didn’t come near me because they always think "naw, that can’t be her. She can’t be walking in public already."

Well, truth was truth. It was me, and I was walking in a public area. I went into a store, bought something with the money that I earned, and told the manger to gift wrap it. 

And oh, did I tell you that learned Korean within 3 weeks and was able to completely understand? Now, Seo Yeon was talking to me in Korean because she knows that I know it. No more English anymore. 

 

That night, I handed her the gift and she enjoyed it. We became closer and we hung out every day. 

Soon after, I was being called in for advertisements, advertisements, and more advertisements. More people began to notice me on the streets and asked for my signature. Now after 4 months of work, I became very popular and when I walk on the streets, it was impossible because there was a lot of people surrounding me. 

Seo Yeon realized this and told me that I should just stay in the building and dont go out because it will be too hectic.

That evening, I called my mom, who was in the states and told her everything. She told me she was sad that I didn't call her for months, but was also happy that this was really happening. She also told me that she saw me online and she didn't believe how I look now. 

"Wow, my beautiful daughter. You didn't look like this before. You were uglier before. Haha."

"Wow. Thanks mom. Its just exercising that I did."

"No surgery? No make up?"

"No, I am not wasting money for surgery, and also well, i did put mascara, but thats it."

"Thats good thinking, you lucky natural girl. I hope you are doing well."

 

And again, the next day I was busy and was knocked out by work. 

This soon became a regular life..... that I enjoyed.