Chapter 11: Two Stars' Day

The First Christmas With Snow

It was November, and I noticed that I became more independent. I didn’t have contacted my parents, my friends, and MinJun for a while. I was hanging around the members for 3 weeks and we know most things about each other. Because of our team work and hard working, we finished the project within 2 weeks, which was pretty fascinating to Seo Yeon because most people finish the project within 2 months. Our fast actions of completing the project gave us more time to hang out.  

I remembered that both Kris and Chanyeol’s birthday was in the month of November, so I set out and bought things for them. Knowing Kris a lot, he felt like he was my brother for understanding the difficulty to have perfect Korean, so I talked to him in English most of the time. And also, Chanyeol, he was a joker, but it was fun with him as well.

I texted both of them and asked about favorite colors and etcetera. They replied back quickly and I received the details and set out looking like a middle aged women so no one will notice me.

I bought 2 things for both. For Kris, I bought him one pair of red shoes and a T-shirt that I hoped he will like. I don’t want him to say “This is not my style” because that will make me embarrassed.  For Chanyeol, I bought him a hat, and a pair of blue shoes. I wrote them both a letter. 

 

On the day of Kris’ birthday, we all chipped in and paid for a room out near the beach and celebrated his birthday. That room was giant, 4 rooms, 3 bathrooms and also a dance room. We ate many things and we watched shows. After finished eating, we went to the dance room  and  they taught me some of some dance moves. Kai told me to follow him.

I started out fine, until when he moved too quickly, I stopped and looked at him.  

“Sumi, just watch carefully and I will help you.” He then stood behind me and started holding my arms up for the first step. I shrieked.

Suho came and he said “Ya, this is not what you are supposed to be doing to Sumi. You first have to stretch or else she will become all twitchy.” Suho took me by the arms and hooked mine with his, he bent foreword and stretched my back. It felt food to have my back crack. After Suho hearing that crack, he was satisfied with his actions and he told me to follow Kai.

As you all know, Kai was hard to follow, so Lay came behind me and he taught me slowly, a different, easier move. I soon got the hang of it, and I thanked them both for teaching me. Sehun started to watch me and he told me to do what Kai and Lay taught me. I made mistakes so he helped correct my moves.

 

I was sweating and sat down. The vocal line came closer to me and told me to sing with them. And so I did and was waiting for their feedback. Luhan corrected my pronunciation for Chinese and D.O corrected my Korean. I was happy that both of them were here to help me.

Chen wanted to be helpful so he helped me open my vocal chords until I hit a high note. D.O felt like Chen wanted a competition with the other vocalists so he helped me with my low notes.  We played the high note battle and many were shocked how high I could go.  After many rounds and eliminating players, I was still standing with Chen, Luhan, and Xiumin. The note got higher and higher, and Luhan was going, however, his voiced cracked and he was eliminated. Xiumin’s voice started to fade out and the battle was between me and Chen. Of course, Chen was amazing with his high notes so, he won.

 

Tao felt like he was useless so he took two sticks and walked to me and handed me one. He told me that he will teach me some tricks and I followed him. After 10 minutes of teaching me, I got the hang of it and the members were impressed on how fast I learned.

 

After another break, I sat and looked at the ceiling, Chanyeol and Kris came and talked me the basics of rapping. I told them both that I can rap, but not as well as them. So we had a rap battle and I lost first, because I was a girl, and it was hard for me to rap when it was against two handsome guys.  Both of them were rapping and wanted me to be the judge. I felt bad but then after, I just told them both that they were equally good and I was impressed.

 

When it was Chanyeol’s birthday, we did something similar, but this time, we went to a bowling alley and enjoyed our time there. I handed them his gift and we began to play. I wasn’t that bad of a bowler, especially when I started playing when I was 10 years old.  We all had a bet and the loser team has to buy the other team presents. Not knowing that I was good at bowling, our team won by 50 points. That night, we all received gifts and had a fun time with each other.