Running away

Heads Will Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A little something to my faithful readers who waited over a year for an update. I'm so so so so sorryyyyy

 

 

Chapter 9

 

 

 

 

 

"So"

Kyungsoo begins, then stays silent. They haven't really spoke since he found Jongin and her freezing on the sidewalk, inviting them to wait inside the coffee place since he has the key and can't really let them die from hypothermia so close to his workplace.

Kai didn't complain and Dara was too busy trying to convince herself that cold was only psychological. So, and after being led by Jongin when her feet seemed to lose any sence of direction, they got inside and the lights to get some warmth.

The waiter offered them a hot beverage, Dara agreeing in less than a second and Jongin nodding while apologizing for the trouble. 

And now here they are; with the three of them comfortably seated in the farthest table in the place. Nobody saying a word since the last couple of minutes.

"I..." Dara mumbles, taking a sip from her hot cocoa "I'm really sorry for the trouble, Jongin, Kyungsoo."

The waiter smiles at her with ease while shaking his hands nonchanlantly, dismissing the subject like it wasn't a big deal. "It's really okay Dara. I was already worried for you leaving so suddenly before, so I'm kinda glad how things turned out" then he smiles his heart-shaped smile. She sighs.

Jongin, however, remains serious. He has been like that since he called Luhan to pick them up and hasn't said more than a few words, mostly monosyllables. And Dara isn't really in the mood to deal with another moody prick. Enough with her own self.

"So... how did you guys meet?"

Dara waits for a few seconds for Jongin to anwser, but since he seems too busy staring at nothing she decides to be the nice one. Kyungsoo deserves it, after all.

"We're neighbours" she begins "And after his dumb roommate destroyed my bike he offered to give me a ride to work, since I was running late. And.. "she takes a sip from her cocoa "... that's pretty much it"

Kyungsoo laughs for a few seconds "Sehun? How on earth did he do that?"

"He stole my baby and crashed her bike with it, the " Jongin says, finally, and smiles warmly at Dara when she stares at him in surprise (and a little annoyance, to be honest)" and she came to our place to tell him off. It was priceless. He was so scared of her"

They both laugh for a good few minutes when a knock interrupts them. They turn their heads to the noise and Dara is surprised to find not only Luhan, but Sehun on the other side of the door.

Kyungsoo stands up in a second to greet them but Kai stays seated, looking at her intently in complete silence. He sighs, then, getting up from his seat to meet his friends once inside the room. Dara doesn't say anything, doesn't even want to, instead looking at where the newcomers are.

Sehun runs to her side "Are you okay, noona? Bom has been asking nonstop for you, also some of your friends. They seemed really worried "he mumbles, taking off his jacket and placing it around her shoulders, completely ignoring Jongin's "What where you doing out so late anyway? You could've been or mugged!"

Now he's blabbering. She isn't really paying atention, much more focused on the rest of her hot cocoa. Luhan approaches next, though calmer and taps her shoulder softly.

"Are you okay?"

She stares at him. What can she say, anyway? No I'm not because I just saw my bastard ex-boyfriend today and run off, walked for several hours, ditched work and stayed in a coffee place that is about a hundred miles from her place because she was coward like that?

Also I made everybody worry and took time from Jongin's life because I don't want to walk alone at night. 

Uh, no.

She doesn't even want to get home yet. She still feels like crap and everything, really, she doesn't even need to exist at the moment. Escaping somewhere, anywhere, would be much better. Even for just one night.

Luhan sighs at her lack of an answer. He sits next to her and smiles a little once her eyes are fixed on him.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?"

"What?" That's Jongin, who steps closer to them with a frown. "Go where? What are you talking about?"

But L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter