Awkward

Heads Will Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Dara and her neighbour-who-hates-shirts arrive, she runs out of the motorcycle and to the store yelling "Thanks!" without realizing, way too much focused on her boss standing in front of the personnel only door.

The guy chuckles upon seeing her. He takes off his helmet and decides that a little visit can't do  wrong. Besides, he never knew the girl's name.


Dara smiles at her boss and signs her entry, walking pass him and to the counter where Chanyeol awaits seated on top of it with the usual creepy smile (Mr.Kim appearing behind her and scolding him in a instant) and she finally feels at ease. Good job, she got there in time.
She would have to thank her neighbour later, though. Albeit she's pretty sure his blonde roommate, who Bom also adores, must be the one who crashed her beautiful bike. The guy always hangs around at night with a bunch of obnoxious and loud friends whom Dara was unfortunate enough to cross paths like a month ago, she  was almost certain that said blonde tall guy damaged her poor baby. But shirt-allergic was nice.

 

"Hi noona"

Oh yeah, she forgot she doesn't work alone anymore. 
Chanyeol smiles while walking towards her, a huge box in his hands. The content says fragile in big black letters and yeah, she'll have to organize some cd's again.

She motions Chanyeol to leave the box near the alternative music section and he complies. Good thing she doesn't have to carry big boxes anymore so Mr.Kim wont nag at her for being too slow when it comes to transport the damn boxes then clasify them, which usually takes her like two days. Maybe the kid working with her wasn't that bad idea. 

 

"Thanks" she says once the box is settled. Chanyeol nods with a smile and walks towards the counter to attend customers while she's busy.

The box is filled with groups she hasn't ever heard off. Portishead, Massive attack... if her boss hadn't tagged it before she would be completely lost (and probably would have put them all in the international section because really, that was the easiest section from all). She place them one by one, cheking if the cd box has its price tag until she comes across two that doesn't.

 

 

Dara sighs, seeking for Chanyeol's face so he could do her the favor. She only hears his voice though, loud and clear from the counter while obviously talking to someone who probably wasn't just a customer. He was being way too friendly for that.
Sighing, she takes the box and walks towards him to scold him. The boy sees her, motions her to come closer and she has the impulse to run to the opposite direction.

"Noona! I want you to meet my friend! " he points with his finger to a guy standing before the counter. Said guy turns around with a shy smile and Dara thinks that no one who can live without a t-shirt is allowed to look this coy.
It doesn't make any sense.

Why is he here, anyway.

 

"Hey" tanned guy says "I see you got here just in time?"

She smiles awkwardly "Yeah, thanks again"


None of them speaks after that. Chanyeol stares at both until a full minute passes, wets his lips, joint his hands. Tanned guy insists with the bashful smile and Dara isn't even sure she needs to be here right now.
She clears .

"So, uhm, I'll get back to work"

"Wait!"

Now, Dara thinks, maybe if she keeps quiet and pretends she never heard him she could walk away and just not deal with this. But then again, Chanyeol looks kind of befuddled and she knows him well enough to know he's not gonna let her be without an explanation. She sighs " Yes?"

Tanned guy looks even more shy (How is that possible?) then bows. "I'm Jongin"

Judging on how he stares at her, Dara assumes she should give him her name too. Maybe it'll help her, someway, maybe he would call her back at the dorms and tell her that it was precisely his delinquent of a friend who destroyed her precious bike. Maybe he would start wearing shirts so  she wont evade him for the rest of her life.
Although, if he does that and Bom finds out she was at fault she'll probably die.

Right, she has to answer.

"Dara"

Tanned guy -Jongin- smiles albeit more at ease. A little flirty, too.

See? she knew he couldn't be shy and not wear shirts in front of people.

"Do you know each other?"

"We're neighbours" Jongin responded. Chanyeol gives him a knowing look while tanned guy shows a teasing smile. "And I gave her a ride to work because someone destroyed her bike"

Chanyeol makes this really funny horrified face and she can't help but laugh a little. Both guys raise their eyebrows at her.

She gets serious again "So I'll get to work now. Uhm, yeah"

Jongin nods, smiling as she walks away to get the forgotten price tag.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's Saturday afternoon.

 

Her shift ends in twenty minutes. Time in  which dear Jinki would come to pick her up and lead them both to this supposed date-but-not-really so she can meet his friend from whom she doesn't know the name.
Saturdays are for Chanyeol to do the inventory so he has to stay a little bit longer. She would say something to him, maybe an advice on how Mr.Kim likes things done but the guy has been avoiding her since Jongin left and to tell the truth, she's a little bit irritated. Granted, she didn't want the guy working with her before but since he's already there the least he can do is not ing look elsewhere and avoid her whenever she tries to tell h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter