Cry baby

Heads Will Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

 

 

 

 

Two hours later and Dara gets hungry. Her phone stopped ringing about an hour ago, so she assumes everybody has calmed down at least enough to let her wander the streets without having to worry about running into one of them. Still, she feels a bit guilty for worrying her friends. Specially Jinki, who texted her a few times, though she didn't read any of the messages.

So, she counts her options in her head. She could just go home and lock herself inside her room -if she runs fast enough so Bom wouldn't pester her about everything. Or -and this sounds far more interesting now that the tought gets inside her head- she could just visit the pretty coffee place across the street. Not that she has a lot of other options on what to do with her time, and besides she has been wanting to try that place since Dounghae invited her to the theater across the street. 

She checks her purse in search of some money and once her hand colides with a good amount of coins, she smiles, already walking towards the small but beautiful shop.

The smell of coffe fills her nostrils the moment the door opens and the peace of the place envelops her. She spots a seat next to the window and sits down, eyeing the menu with ease, trying to soothe her nerves with sweet and an obscene amount of sugar.

 

"Hello, welcome to XOXO." a voice says right next to her and Dara startles, turning around with a light blush "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you" the waiter says - a short guy with dark hair and a big smile- and bows a few times before standing again with a pen on hand.

"Are you ready to order?"

Dara stares at him for about five seconds before opening "Uhm, not really. I was just staring at the menu"

The waiter laughs soflty "I figured. Anyway, may I recomend you today's special?"

Dara eyes him for a second before smiling, albeit hesitant, handing him the menu with a light movement of her hands. The waiter takes it politely and smiles even wider at her.

"That depends. Can I get diabetes just looking at it?" he laughs openly at that, covering his mouth in an instant so people won't notice his sudden outburst "Sorry about that" she says " Just, surprise me. This is my first time here and I just want to try something good"

"Coming right up! "

The guy turns around and walks a few steps before stoping and returning to his previous spot right next to her. Then, he smiles warmly. "I'm Kyungsoo, by the way"

Dara feels weird by this. Sure the waiter is nice and is probably just being polite, but the part of her that is not sad (or nice) thinks it's weird how well she's getting along with this guy, when she's supposed to hate them all. Maybe she should blame the sadness.

Or Chanyeol and the other pricks entering her life.

Maybe she should just try being nice for a second. Honestly, she's not even in the mood for being her usual sarcastic and mean self. So a break from all her... Daraness, it is. She just hopes Bom never finds out or nobody will ever hear the end of it.

 

Snaping back to the present; her lips form a tiny -almost invisible- smile and bows. The guy, Kyungsoo, smiles wider at this and Dara thinks his smile looks a little like a heart.

Cute.

Wait. No, erase that. Do not let the sad talk.

"I'm Dara"

Kyungsoo bows back "Nice to meet you. I'll be right back with your order"

Then he's gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Turns out she can actually get diabetes with how obscenely sweet the dessert is. 

Kyungsoo came back with her order about ten minutes later, a big slice of blueberry cheesecake with ice cream and whipped cream on the side. It tastes really good though,even if she doesn't seem to be capable of finishing it anytime soon. She needs something salty right now or it'll be a complete waste of money, and wasted money on food is a complete sin.

Her phone keeps ringing in her pocket, albeit less frequently. She had the mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter