The (real) enemy

Heads Will Roll
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, I'm talking to you"

Thank you, she knows. She's just too busy trying to not pick up that branch near them and beat him to death with it.

If she can reach his head, of course. Tall freak.

Said douche is still looking at her with boredom, his overly styled eyebrow raised. He's wearing some fashionable clothes and gel hair and god, maybe she's feeling like a potato at his side.

She grits her teeth.

"I heard you" she snaps "What do you want?"

But he ignores the tone, speaking coolly "I'm looking for a small library nearby. A friend named Junmyeon works there, do you know it?"

She doesn't say anything and that's when he raises both eyebrows to stare at her with this annoyed expression "Hey, shortie"

Oh hell no.

Look for your comfort zone, Dara.

The guy stares at her from his tallness, now apparently mad. Dara tries to breathe through her nose slowly, her hands shaking at her sides.

"Are normal people usually this rude?" he says then. Dara has it.

"When we deal with s, yes we are."

He scoffs "Well aren't you feisty now that your friend is not around."

"I was trying to be nice, unlike some uninvited "

"Uhm...excuse me"

A head pops out of nowhere, a guy seemingly disturbed facing her with a troubled expression,  scratching the back of his neck while puffing his -wide- cheeks. When her eyes fall on him he smiles enthusiastically "Hi! I'm Minseok"

"Uh..."

But then Kris snorts.

"Just tell us where the shop is, hobbit"

"Why you little..."

"I'm sorry about Kris, miss" he interrupts again, glaring at his friend while the other just looks the other direction "Can you tell us where the library is, please? We've been walking around for a while and my idol friend here is not the best company"

Kris glares at him. Dara smirks.

"Sure, I'll take you there" not that she wants to, to be honest. But the tall freak is glaring at her too and she wants to annoy him as much as she can.

"Oh! Thank you su much..."

"Dara"

His smile gets wider.

"Thank you so much, Dara-ssi"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara-ssi!" greets Junmyeon, all energetic and charming. However, when his gaze stops by the two other figures, his smile dissolves into a confused expression "Minseok-hyung, Kris? What are you doing here?"

Said guys walk over to the counter where he's in, each over a side.

"To pick you up. We're going to Chen's place early to help him with the cleaning"  says the idiot. Minseok nods.

"Ah, sure" then he looks at her and Dara gets uncomfortable because of the attention "Dara-ssi, Jinki went out to buy us lunch, but he'll be back in a couple of minutes"

"Uhm, okay" she says, dumbly.

She's about to excuse herself and walk out, nevermind the rudeness or the fact that Junmyeon is looking at her with that annoyingly hopeful gaze. Jinki can drop by her place anyway.

Then the voice of an angel resounds through the shop.

"Noona!"

Thank god.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you feeling better?"

Jinki gazes at her with sad eyes. They've been walking to nowhere in particular for about ten minutes, no one saying a thing. Dara knew it was a matter of time before her friend started to ask questions, and thruthfully, she still wasn't in the mood for it.

"Yeah" she breathes.

Her friend bites his lips, hesitant.

"Jjong told me about Jae... about him"

Dara chuckles. "He's not Voldemort, you can tell his name"

But he seems sad. And a sad Jinki equals a sad Dara (and eventually a sad everybody).

"Jinki..."

" So where are we going?"

He decides to change the subject, however, smiling wide and his hands extended in front of him. Dara catches up quickly, thanking him in her mind.

"Chaerin has this gig in about an hour, if you're interested" she smiles "She invited me like weeks ago but I don't usually go alone, people there scare the crap out of me"

"Sure"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dara! You came!"

Chaerin screams over the uproar, waving her hand frenetically even after they saw her. She's standing amidst the mass of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter