Old Habits Die Hard

Babysitting EXO II: The SoShi Secret [Quick ending at last chapter!]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You were and always will be my number one,

But I can’t believe the fact that you are gone.”

After the boys’ girl session, they finally began a proper meeting. They were now more focused and determined as there was finally a spark of chance on helping their other halves get their memories back.

They were all busy that none of them, even the girls, knew that history was slowly repeating itself, but maybe this time, it might end up better than before.

As they always have been, once the boys get into something, they lose total track of time for being so immersed into the activity. Hours passed, the sun has set and the bright blue sky was replaced by twinkling stars in the night sky, and just a floor below them were the girls cutting vegetables and frying chicken for them to share and eat with the boys.

“Do you think they’re going to like this?” Seohyun asked, her lips curved up in a smile as she sprinkled grated parmesan cheese onto the spaghetti Bolognese that they just finished cooking.

“Do we add candles too?” Sooyoung asked, “I think it’s too romantic and we’re not involved with them in any romantic way,” she continued.

Tiffany’s head turned to look at Sooyoung. ‘Do we add candles too? I think it’s too romantic and we’re not involved with them in any romantic way… so I asked you,’ she heard Sooyoung’s voice in her head. After, she heard her own voice, ‘Then no’.

Tiffany looked around her and watched as the other eight girls rushed back and forth frantically, trying to finish all the preparations for dinner before the boys finish their ‘meeting’ that was taking them hours.

“Why do I feel like this has happened before?” Sunny curiously asked, holding a giant flower vase with plants inside so casually.

“I think so too,” Tiffany replied, and then her eyes focused on Sunny, “How are you holding that heavy vase by yourself like that?” Her face showcased a look of worry.

“Oh this?” Sunny then looked at the giant vase she was holding. Her eyes suddenly widened and she let out a gasp, before immediately letting go of the vase and taking steps back for being frightened at her own actions.

The vase then collided with the timber floors of the beach house and broke into millions of pieces. Sunny stood there in shock, not knowing what to do, and her eyes were still wide as saucers.

Immediately hearing the sound of a loud shattering, the boys all dropped what they were holding and stood up without even looking at each other and wondering about what had happened. Once they heard the noise, they all stood up in unison and rushed down the stairs.

Soon the twelve boys found themselves standing in front of a shattered vase, and a frightened Sunny. The boys stared at what had happened, with Suho frowning in the front.

“I… I’m sorry. Was that an antique?” Sunny asked, her voice breaking. If it was antique, she wouldn’t forgive herself for breaking such a piece of history.

The frown on Suho’s face wouldn’t leave and he began marching towards Sunny, every single step making Sunny’s heart skip beats in fright.

Sunny took little steps backwards for being slightly scared at the angry Suho rushing towards her, “I was only trying to move it and I accidentally dropped it, I’m sor-” she tried explaining but before she could finish her sentence, everyone watched as Suho grabbed hold of Sunny’s arm with one hand, and his other arm behind her knees before lifting her up bridal style.

Now the scared look on Sunny’s face became a startled look.

“Why are you worrying about the vase when you’re bleeding?” Suho asked.

Sunny’s eyes transitioned from Suho to her feet. Some of the shattered pieces had jumped to her and stuck through her skin slightly, making blood drip down from near her ankle to her foot and then to the ground.

Suho brought her into the living room and gently placed her onto the sofa. He then made his way towards the first aid kit and ran back to Sunny to treat his one and only star.

“How could you not feel that you’re bleeding?” Suho asked as he took the splinter, the bandages and the alcohol. Before treating Sunny, he grabbed his clean handkerchief, folded it so that it’s thick and gave it to Sunny to bite. “Just in case it hurts a lot; so you wouldn’t bite your tongue.”

“I’m not a kid, you know,” Sunny teased.

“Just making sure here,” Suho replied.

Sunny bit onto the cloth before Suho proceeded on removing the glass pieces using the splinters and on poured the alcohol on her wounds. She ended up scrunching her face and letting out muffled hisses through the cloth she was biting. Her hands clutched onto the sofa as the alcohol made contact with her skin.

After pouring the alcohol, Suho put it down and grabbed a piece of cotton ball with medical tongs and wiped it on Sunny’s wounds. Then, Suho placed band aids on her cuts as they were not big enough to have them bandaged.

“All done,” Suho remarked as he looked up at Sunny and smiled.

At the sight of that, Sunny felt her heart skip beats, and that feeling was slightly familiar to her. Was it familiar because it’s a common feeling, or was it because she had felt that before for someone familiar? Whatever it was, she did not know.

Suho then packed up the first-aid kit, stood up and returned it to its place before washing his hands.

“What’s this?” Chanyeol inquired after walking into the kitchen to get a glass of water, “Why is there so many food? Kyungsoo can never make this many.”

With that remark, a hand collided with the back of his head and it was no wonder where it came from: none other than Kyungsoo himself, “You’re lucky I haven’t poisoned you… any of you, you insolents.”

“Uhm, we were… well…”

“How do you say this…?”

The girls all muttered and mumbled, but none of them were understandable or even finished at all. Some of them even turned their heads away, and some were scratching their heads in search for the right words.

“Noonas, why are you getting all shy?” Sehun inquired at the sight.

With his words, the girls immediately flared up and their cheeks turned rosy pink. Some of them even turned their heads away, and because of this, Sehun tilted his head.

After a while, one of the boys smacked the back of Sehun’s head, “Don’t make them feel uncomfortable!”

“I was just asking!” Sehun countered, his voice at the tone of yelling, his hand rubbing the back of his head that was hit, “Sorry, noonas.”

“It’s… it’s okay,” Hyoyeon replied, “You should be more caring for Sehun though, and not just smack him like that. He is your maknae after all.”

“Yeah, not him.” Kyungsoo and Chanyeol responded in unison.

‘Yeah, not him.’ *Why does this situation sound familiar?* Hyoyeon asked in her thoughts.

“Did you make dinner for us?!” Tao brightened at the sight of food on the table and after smelling the aroma coming from the kitchen, “Is that what’s going on?”

“Uhm… yeah.”

“We thought you’d be hungry after that long meeting of yours.”

“Yeah, you’d been there for like hours. How do you manage?”

The girls all asked them about how long they had the meeting and how dedicated they sounded.

“We just really lose track of time once we get into something. And since we were talking about something important, we were into it more than we ever have been to anything,” Baekhyun went on.

They were all chatting and talking about their previous topics when they heard a loud gasp from the maknae of Girls’ Generation. Next thing they knew, they saw her rushing towards the kitchen and opening the lid of what was cooking and she began stirring it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter