Chapter 2

Stairway to LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Annyeong Haseyo Unnie."

Taeyeon turned around when she heard someone greeting her. She saw Seohyun standing up straight after bowing to her. Taeyeon smiled awkwardly at her, remembering the incident that happened the last time they met.

"Don't worry unnie. I'm not disgusted by you." Seohyun said reassuringly after noticing the unease face of Taeyeon.

"Eh?" Taeyeon looked at her incredulously. "Seriously?"

Seohyun nod her head and looked at Taeyeon confusingly. “Uhm... yeah?”

"I'm gay." Taeyeon said. Seohyun just stared at her. "I'm gaaaay. I like the girls."

"Yeah... I noticed that Unnie." Seohyun answered unsurely.

"Aren't you afraid of me?"

"Unnie." Seohyun smiled at Taeyeon after knowing the reason on why the latter is worried. "I also have gay friends."

"Oh." Taeyeon sighed in relief. "That's good. But then, why did you look so shocked when you knew it?"

"Oh. That's because we didn't expect it. I think everyone would have the same expression when they find out someone's gay." Taeyeon just nod her head while listening to Taeyeon. "But that doesn't mean that the other person wouldn't accept it."

"Oh." Taeyeon smiled at Seohyun.

"Being shock or surprised is normal unnie. Being surprised is a situation of temporary inferiority: judgment is impaired, errors often made, opportunities lost and bad relationships started unwillingly.​" Seohyun continued. "We need an education for surprise and we had none. We need a Method to deal with the unknown as it is, not simplified, but there is none. Modern schooling is about what was known before, what can be measured and foreseen, not about negatives like uncertainty and the unknown. Our methods do not teach us how to deal with the unknown as such; instead they work only to reduce the unknown to the known. Instruction works to eliminate surprise from our life; it aims to foresee everything and to prevent disorder. Most human endeavour is to...."

"Seohyun.."

"We are not formally educated for the unplanned side of life. Meanwhile, disorder is all around us, infinity, and unknown forever. With people brought up like this, surprises appear as noise, accident or error, given by the inevitable complexity of the Universe if not by Fate..."

"Seohyunnie.."

"Preparing against surprise is the core of human science and business and warfare. It is another wording for understanding the world and planning to succeed. Such understanding belongs to the traditional field of strategy and follows a general model: investigate, analyse, extract rules, decide, plan and carry out the plan..."

Seohyun continued rambling about being surprise and Taeyeon, sure is surprised. She didn't know that the girl will lesson her about "surprise". She just stared at the girl, waiting for the latter to finish since the girl is not even listening to her.

"However, it appears that most people cannot imagine at the same time several courses of events; how to concentrate attention on such vague things? Therefore, the majority of people do not prepare even against foreseeable surprise. Buying insurance is cheaper than self-reliance.​"

Seohyun smiled at her. Taeyeon looked at her watch and smiled back at Seohyun.

"Thanks for that Seohyun. You talked for about 18 minutes."

"Oh really? Your welcome then." Seohyun answered while smiling innocently.

--

 

"Why were you absent yesterday?" The smallest out of the three asked.

"Stomach problem." The tallest answered.

"Must be from your gluttonous body." The darkest snickered whilst the smallest laughed with her famous ahjumma style.

"YAH! Aish. You foo-"

"Taeyeon unnie! Yuri unnie!"

 

Three heads snapped to the owner's voice. They saw Seohyun calling them from a table. She's with Sunny and their friends. Yuri and Taeyeon used this chance to escape their Shikshin friend's wrath. They hurriedly went to their table.

"Annyeong Sunny and friends!" Yuri greeted cheerfully.

"Annyeong!" The others greeted back.

"Annyeong." Taeyeon said in a low voice. 

Despite the fact that Seohyun explained to her that they have no problem with her gender, she still feels insecure and awkward with them. Seohyun noticed the uneasy look on Taeyeon's face and frowned.

"Taeyeon unnie. I thought we already talked about this? We're just surprised, I told you. Do you want me to repeat my explanation? I told you that surprise is a situation of be-"

"I got it! I got it Seohyun.." Taeyeon quickly stopped Seohyun before the latter can continue with her explanation. "Thanks for trying to explain it again, but I get it. Really."

"That's good unnie." Seohyun smiled at Taeyeon.

"Yah! You two! Be thankful we're with someone I don't know, or else I'll kill both of you." Sooyoung, who just came, threatened the two.

"Hey Shikshin." Sunny said.

"Hey Midget number two, who's shorter than Taeng." Sooyoung answered back.

"YAH!" Taeng whined but the other two only ignored her. "Aish. Jinjja. What's the big deal with being short anyway?" She muttered, and again- ignored.

The girls continued talking about their day. Yoona, together with Seohyun, was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter