Chapter 10.

Stairway to LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I-I…”

Taeyeon tried to speak but nothing came out from . She doesn’t know what she’s doing here. After taking Tiffany home, she wandered around the city wanting to clear her mind and heart from Jessica’s hurtful words. She found herself then in front of Jessica’s house. She waited for Jessica, wanting to talk, but now she doesn’t even know what to say.

“I’m s-sorry. I’ll get going. I shouldn’t be here in the first place.” Taeyeon mumbled the last part while walking towards her car.

“W-wait!” Jessica ran after the girl and held latter’s arm. “W-what do you mean you shouldn’t be here?” She asked

“I was driving around to clear my mind.”  Taeyeon looked at the hand that’s holding her. She gently removed it and sighed. “It hurts you know. You saying that I’m a nobody.” She said sadly.

“Taeyeon I-,“

“Look,” Taeyeon cut Jessica. “I’m sorry if we joined you for dinner tonight. I know it’s your alone time with you fiancé,” Taeyeon flinched at the last word. “Trust me, I tried to not join you but your fiancé is really persistent and Ppani agreed so I have no choice.”

“So you don’t want to be with me?” Jessica said as she crossed her arms. “Do I disgust you that much that you don’t want to be around me?”

“What?! No! That’s not what I’m saying!” Taeyeon sighed. “I’ll be totally honest with you. I miss you. I really do! I try hard not to regret what I’ve done that night. I always tell myself that it’s better that I confessed. At least that way I don’t have to go around carrying that little secret of mine and pretending to be not romantically attached to you while it silently kills me inside. But I can’t help it. I think that I shouldn’t have done that. Maybe we can still be what we were like before that happened. I have thought that if I didn’t confessed, we’re still close and I can still do things I want to for you.”

Taeyeon tore her eyes away from Jessica’s shocked ones and moved to sit on the bench. Jessica sat beside her quietly.

“And you know what? Tonight just proved that it was indeed a dumb thing to do. The confession, I mean. I never thought that my confession would turn me into a nobody.” Taeyeon chuckled bitterly.

“Taeyeon, I’m r-“

“You don’t even call me Taengoo anymore.” Taeyeon once again cut Jessica. Jessica glared at the latter and the girl immediately shut .

“I’m really sorry about what I’ve said. You’re not a nobody and you know that.” Taeyeon was about to speak but Jessica’s cold stare stopped her. “The situation got me. You should’ve known better than to ask that stupid question!” She hissed at the girl.

“I did nothing wrong! I asked that question innocently.” Taeyeon defended herself but Jessica’s glare made her sigh. “Okay. Maybe not so innocently but I’m sorry for trying. I felt bad to Donghae oppa too but it’s for his own good too. He’s going to marry you yet don’t even love him in that way. It’s for your own good too. You’re not going to be happy if you marry someone you only love as a brother. It’s not enough.”

“I know.” Jessica sighed. “But I just can’t break off the engagement. You don’t understand.”

“Then make me! Explain it to me.” Taeyeon pleaded. “I can’t just stand here and wait till you both marry each other. Not without understanding why you have to marry someone you don’t love.”

Taeyeon waited but Jessica stayed quiet.

Taeyeon exhaled and stood up. She looked at the girl who was staring at her lap. “Get inside. It’s cold.”

Jessica only looked at her with teary eyes. Taeyeon can’t help but weaken at the sight. She pulled the girl up and hugged her.

“Please don’t look sad, it doesn’t suit you.” She whispered. “I want that cold princess aura back please. The cold is really hot you kno-“

Taeyeon groaned when Jessica kicked her in the shin. She sat back on the bench while scrunching up in pain.

“That’s for using foul words to me.” Jessica said as she massaged the girl’s shin coldly.

“I deserve that.” Taeyeon said while groaning. “At least you don’t look like a sad puppy anymore.” Taeyeon mumbled.

Jessica kept quiet and waited for the girl to be okay. Jessica’s phone rang and the girl answered it.

“Hello?”

“Oh? Sorry I didn’t noticed the time.” She said while looking at her wrist watch. Taeyeon did too, and it was indeed late already.

“Yeah. I’m outside actually. Yeah. It’s my f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter