Chapter 5

Stairway to LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon hurriedly stood up and went out of the classroom once she heard the school bell rang. Her things were already fixed 30 minutes before their dismissal time and the excited grin on her face the whole day didn’t go unnoticed by her friends.

“She was grinning the whole day, you know.” Sunny said as she stood up. “And it creeped me out, seriously.” She added.

“Me too.” Yuri agreed.

“I think- no, I’m sure she has another date with sica.”

Both snickered at the word “date”. Taeyeon explained to them the reason why she was limping the day after her “date” with Jessica and starting then, the trio never stopped teasing her about it.

“Oh, look. It’s Donghae oppa.” Sunny pointed at the guy waiting outside a classroom.

“Huh? Who?”

“Donghae oppa, Jessica’s fiancé.”

“FIANCE?!”

Yuri’s loud voice caught the other student’s attention and Yuri bowed apologetically as the students looked at her weirdly.

“Annyeong Haseyo, oppa.” Sunny bowed to the guy. Apparently, Yuri’s voice also caught the guy’s attention and when he saw Sunny, he decided to approach them.

“Hey Sunny.” The guy smiled at the girl. “Done with your class?” He asked.

“Yup. Just finished.” Sunny heard a coughed beside her and remembered Yuri.

“Oppa, this is Yuri. She’s my friend.” She then turned to Yuri and introduced Donghae. “Yuri, this is Donghae oppa. He’s Sica’s fiancé.”

“Nice to meet you.” Donghae bowed and smiled politely at Yuri.

“Niec to meet you too.” Yuri did the same. “Never knew that Sica got a fiancé. I wonder why she’s hiding it.”

“Yuri.” Sunny glared at Yuri and the latter just looked at her innocently. “Waiting for Sica, oppa?” Sunny asked as she looked at Donghae.

“Well yeah. I was hoping to get a dinner with her.”

“Too bad. She got a date with Taeng already.” Yuri smirked.

 

Yuri isn’t always rude like this, in fact, she’s always polite. But she can’t help but be rude to this guy because he’s Jessica’s fiancé and she knows that Taeyeon likes Jessica. She can’t help but feel that this guy is a big threat to her dear friend.

 

“Got a date with who?” Donghae asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“No one!” Sunny quickly exclaimed as she nudged Yuri with her elbows. “Sica is hanging out with a friend. It’s a girl and it’s definitely not a date. Don’t worry, Sica isn’t cheating on you.”

“Don’t worry.” Donghae chuckled. “I know she won’t. I trust her. By the way, is that girl short with a brunette hair and bangs? The kid-looking girl?”

“Yes. How did you know her?” Sunny asked and Yuri curiously looked at him.

“I met her once.” He chuckled at the memory and smiled at the two. “Oh well, you guys keep going. I’ll wait for her here. Maybe I can join their girl’s hangout.” He bowed.

“Ne. We’ll be going. Annyeong.” Sunny said as she bowed while Yuri just walked away. “Sorry for her attitude, she’s not like this.” She apologized.

“It’s okay.” Donghae smiled and Sunny bowed once again before following her friend.

“A friend, huh.” Donghae muttered before looking back at the room and just in time, she saw her girl walking out of the room while zoning out.

“Jessi!”

“Oh?” Jessica looked at the owner of the voice and her eyes widen. “Oppa?”

Donghae walked to her and kissed her in the cheeks. “Hey.”

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked.

“Why? You don’t want me here?” Donghae pouted.

“Ofcourse not.” Jessica started walking with Donghae beside her. “I was just surprised.” She smiled at him.

“It’s a surprise after all. I was hoping for a dinner with you tonight.” Donghae looked at Jessica’s worried face. “But I heard that you have a date.” He added.

“It’s not a date oppa!” Jessica defended. “I’ll just hang out with her.”

“I know. I was just joking.” Donghae laughed. “How ‘bout we asked her to join us for dinner?”

“Okay. I’ll ask her.”

 

Jessica took out her phone and dialled Taeyeon’s number. Her call was answered immediately within just 2 rings.

 

“Hell-“

“Hello Jeshika! I’m sorry I’m late! Are you done with your class? I’ll be right there! I’m so sorry. I just bought somethi-“

“Taengoo!” Jessica laughed. “Breathe.”

“Sorry.”

“Where are you anyway? Why do you sound like you’re out of breathe?”

“I just bought something.”

 

Taeyeon smiled as she walked back to the campus. On her right hand was her phone connected to her ear, while her left hand was holding a necklace that she bought.

 

“What is it?”

“It’s a secret.” She smiled. “Where are you anyway?” She asked as she entered the campus.

“I’m near the entrance, oh and I’m wi-“

“Araso. I’ll see you there.”

 

Taeyeon closed her phone not even bothering to let Jessica finish her sentence. Her grin became wider when she saw Jessica pouting at her phone but it was immediately replaced by a frown when she saw a guy with Jessica.

Jessica was still pouting at her phone when she heard Donghae spoke.

 

“I think she’s here.”

She looked up at saw Taeyeon frowning at her. She went near the girl and glared at her.

“Yah! Why did you end the call? I wasn’t done talking.”

 

Taeyeon, instead of answering, was looking at the guy beside Jessica and the girl remembered what she was about to say.

 

“I was telling you that we’ll eat together with oppa but you ended the call.”

“Oh.” Taeyeon bowed at the guy. “Annyeong Haseyo. I’m Taeyeon. Jeshika’s.. friend.”

 

Taeyeon felt a weird sensation on her heart when she introduced herself as Jessica’s friend to this guy but disregarded it thinking that it’s just because of the running she just did. Remembering the object on her left hand, she quickly put it inside her pocket before Jessica and Donghae sees it.

 

“Annyeong Haseyo.” Donghae also bowed and smiled at the girl’s pronunciation of his fiancé’s name. “I’m Donghae, Jessica’s fiancé.” He smiled at the girl. “I was planning on having dinner with Jessica but I heard that you girls are planning on hanging out?”

“Yeah. Jeshika and I always hang out after school.” She smiled sadly at Jessica. “But I guess not today.”

“No!” Jessica quickly exclaimed. “Oppa said you can join us for dinner.”

“Yeah. Please do join us. I want to know my fiancé’s friends and I was curious whether this girl here,” Donghae pointed at the pouting Jessica. “Is behaving well, or being her cold self.” He ruffled Jessica’s hair.

Taeyeon felt the weird sensation again at the view and she put her hand on her chest, clutching it.

“Taengoo?”

Taeyeon released her chest and looked at Jessica. “Oh?”

“You’re coming with us, right?” Jessica looked at Taeyeon hopefully.

“Err.” Taeyeon was dreading the weird sensation she’s feeling. “I shouldn’t join you guys. You s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter