Chapter 3

Stairway to LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oh my gosh! You really did that?” A girl with high-pitched voice said while laughing.

“Totally! You should’ve seen the girl’s face! Her face was so funny!” The other girl answered while laughing.

The two continued talking happily, oblivious of the sulking girl in front of them. Taeyeon continued to munch on her ice cream while sending daggers to the girls in front of her.

The three, including Taeyeon, Sunny, and Jessica decided to hangout on an Ice cream store. Taeyeon took the initiative to buy Ice cream for the three of them. Unfortunately for her, when she returned to their table, the two was already busy chatting with each other that they even forgot that she exists. She even managed to eat the other two girls’ ice cream without them knowing.

“I bet that girl wouldn’t dare to flirt with Sungmin oppa again.” Jessica said while Sunny nodded in approval.

“Yeah right.” Sunny sighed. “All this talking about that flirt makes me hungry.”

“Me too.”

Both girls looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon glared at them.

“What?” Taeyeon said blankly.

“Where’s our ice cream?” Sunny answered while confusingly looking at Taeyeon.

“Wow!” Taeyeon suddenly said loudly, making the two girls in front of her jump from their sits. “So you finally notice me, huh? Gosh. If I had known that you’ll just ignore me, I shouldn’t have come with you guys.”

“Oww.” Sunny finally understood as to why the girl in front of them is sulking. “Sorry Taeyeon-ah. We just got too caught up with our stories that we forgot about you. Mianhaeee~” Sunny said while using aegyo. Jessica just rolled her eyes at the girl beside her.

“Aish. Gwaenchana.” Taeyeon said. She always becomes weak when it comes to aegyo, especially if it’s a cute girl. “Just don’t ignore me again.” She pouted.

“Araso~” Sunny cringed her nose. “Please get us ice creams.” She said cutely.

“What?! No way. You buy your own.” Taeyeon said while looking at her phone. Trying to ignore the aegyeo Sunny is doing.

“Pleeeease?” Sunny said while making Taeyeon faces her.

“Noooooo.” Taeyeon answered while closing her eyes. She doesn’t want to buy them ice cream again. She’s feeling lazy and afraid that once she comes back, she’ll be ignored again. She can’t let that happen.

“No Taeyeon. Resist Sunny’s aegyeo. This is for your own good.” Taeyeon said in her thoughts.

“Taeyeon-ah. C’mon. Just buy us some ice cream already. I’m hungry.” Jessica said blankly while looking at Taeyeon.

“E-eh?” Taeyeon looked back at Jessica. “A-araso.” She hurriedly stood up and went to the counter.

“Hey. What’s that?” Sunny looked at Jessica.

Jessica raised her eyebrows at her. “What?”

“How come she listened to you without you making effort? My aegyo didn’t work at her!” She whined cutely.

“Your aegyo .” Jessica said blankly.

“Hmp.” Sunny poited. I thought Taeyeon must’ve like Jessica. Maybe it’s just because my aegyo .  Sunny thought.

--

The three were busy chatting with each other when Sunny’s phone rang, making two heads turn to her. Sunny apologized took her phone out and answered.

“Hello?” She answered cheerfully. “Eh? I thought you won’t be home until midnight?”

The two kept quiet while watching the now frowning girl

“Araso. Bye.” Sunny ended the call and puts her phone back into her bag before facing the other two girls apologetically. “I’m sorry. I need to go now.”

“Oh? I thought you said there’s no one home?” Taeyeon asked.

“Supposedly, but Jin-kyu unnie went home earlier than expected. Her meeting was cancelled the last minute.” Sunny explained.

“But why do you need to go home right now?” It’s Jessica’s turn to ask.

“Well, she just got back from Europe. She doesn’t know much about the groceries and foods here since she stayed there most of the time. I’m gonna go to the market with her.”

“Ooh. It’s okay. Go now. Take care.”Jessica said.

“Araso. Sorry again. I’m the one who asked you guys to hang out, yet I’m the one who’s leaving earlier.” Sunny apologized once again.

“Eh,” Taeyeon brushed it off with a wave of her hand. “Gwaenchana. Go. Shoo!” Taeyeon playfully shooed her away.

“You little midget. Aish.” She playfully glared at Taeyeon before standing up. “I’m going now. Bye! And sorry again.”

The two just smiled at her and watched her leave the ice cream store.  The air suddenly became awkward the moment Sunny disappeared from their sight. Seconds of awkwardness turns into minutes and Taeyeon finally decided to talk.

“J-Jeshika.”

No answer.

“Y-yah. Jeshika.”

Still no answer.

“Yah!” Jessica glared at her. “I m-mean hey. *gulps* Why are you i-ignoring me?”

“I’m not ignoring you.” Jessica answered flatly.

“Yes you were. I was calling you.” Taeyeon finally talked without stuttering, all because she’s irritated to Jessica.

“No you weren’t.”

“Oh c’mon!” Taeyeon groaned. “I was saying, ‘Jeshika, Jeshika” a while ago and you weren’t answering!”

“Who’s Jeshika?”

“What?” Taeyeon looked at Jessica before finally realizing on to why Jessica was acting that way. “Oh c’mon, we both know that I can’t pronounce your name clearly.”

“Ah.”

“Are you going to ignore me just because I can’t pronounce your name correctly?”

“Yes.”

“And why is that?”

“Just.”

“Jesus!” Taeyeon sighed. “Can you stop giving me one-word answers?”

“No.”

“Mwo?” Taeyeon sighed. “Araso. I give up.”

 

Jessica chuckled slightly at Taeyeon’s pissed off face. Taeyeon snapped her head at Jessica when she heard a light chuckle but Jessica’s face is blank.

“That’s weird. I’m sure I heard an angelic chuckle.” Taeyeon thought.

“Look. If you don’t want to talk to me, let’s just go home. I’ll dri-“

“No!” Jessica stopped her suddenly. “I m-mean no. I don’t want to go home yet. You can go without me.”

Taeyeon, who was shock by the abrupt answer, can only manage to nod.

“So?”

“What?”

“I thought you’re gonna go home?”

“Nah. I’m gonna keep you company just in case you feel sad.”

“Yeah right.”

“So, are we just gonna stay here?”

“How ‘bout shopping?”

“Sure.”

--

 

“Oh God.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter