Replacement

It Will Always Be You

“So where do you want to spend our honeymoon, mommy?” 

“We should have at least taken a newlywed photo.” 

“Our rings look so beautiful, aren’t they?”

 Naeun sighed and mouthed the words “so gay” and took a sip of her strawberry milkshake.

“What did you said?”

“Nothing. I said nothing.”

“You did say something.”

“I said you were so gay.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Well, you seem gay to me. Between a girl and a guy, it’s really the girl who says “Our rings look so beautiful, aren’t they?” and not the guy.”

“Well our rings look really beautiful.” 

“Yeah, it is color pink with mini flower embellishment and it can barely fit in your pinky finger. You call that beautiful?”

Hongbin just pouted. “But it’s cute.”

“Can we just finish our food without talking about the ring? Please?” 

After the “wedding ceremony”, they decided to eat at the café closest to the university. Hongbin actually called it as the wedding reception and they should have invited Hyuk. Naeun really wanted to slam Hongbin’s head on the café’s glass door that time.

 Naeun’s main intention is to make Minah jealous about it. She wants to show that Hongbin’s hers and that she’s determined to keep her. But at the same time, the wedding served another purpose and that is to make Hongbin happy. 

She was glad about that even if Hongbin looks so gay about it. 

It has been a month since she personally met Hongbin. He became her fake boyfriend and so far, things seem to do well between them. Even if Hongbin’s annoying at times, she finds it cute. She’s slowly getting used to his presence. So sometimes Naeun can’t help but wonder how long he will be her boyfriend.

But, no. She doesn’t want to think about that. Not she doesn’t want it end already but for her, the more you think about something, it will stick to you forever and you will have a hard time detaching your mind from it. Naeun knows what she and Hongbin have. It’s a fake relationship that will end sooner or later.

“Naeun.”

“Yes?”

“How about meeting your mom?”

“NO!”

“Why not? I think it would really be fun.”

“How will you introduce yourself to my mom? Hi, I’m Lee Hongbin. I’m your daughter’s fake boyfriend for her to be protected from bullies.” Naeun said sarcastically.

Hongbin pouted. “Sooner or later, I know that I’ll be able to meet your mom.” 

“In your dreams.”

***

The university foundation week was over and the classes went back to normal. Its 5pm and Naeun’s last class we’re over about an hour ago.  She was about to go out of the building when suddenly, someone grabbed her hand. She turned around and it was Jaehyo, catching his breath with beads of sweat dripping down from his sideburns. He looked like he ran or something like that.

“Son Naeun.”

Naeun looked at him, waiting for him to continue to speak.

“Mr. Nam wants to talk to you.”

She got confused and wondered in her mind why Mr. Nam, the Foreign Languages professor, is looking for her.

“Why does he want to talk to me?”

“I’m not really sure. He just ordered me to look for you and take you to him before the day ends.”

She’s feeling weird, but she come with Jaehyo anyway.

When Naeun and Jaehyo reached Mr. Nam’s office, Naeun was surprised to see not only Mr. Nam but the other professors as well. On a corner, she saw a junior tourism student with a cast on her left arm. If she wasn’t mistaken, she’s Im Jin Ah. She’s famous for being one of the most beautiful students in the whole university. And from what she knows, she is also a part-time model.

“Finally! Jaehyo had found you!” Mr. Nam said as soon as Naeun and Jaehyo entered the office. Naeun was surprised as to why Mr. Nam reacted towards her. Why would Mr. Nam look for her? 

“Good afternoon. I heard that you are looking for me, Mr. Nam. Is there something wrong?” Naeun asked.

“Son Naeun, you are our life saver!” Mr. Nam replied.

“Life saver?”

“You will be the university’s new representative for the National Level of Mr. and Ms. Tourism!”

“Mr. and Ms. Tourism? What?”

“It’s an annual competition joined by the universities in the whole country. Each university has its representatives. Originally, Jin Ah is our representative for the female category but seeing her condition right now, we all know that she can’t join the competition. I’m  the coordinator for this competition here in our university and I have been desperately looking for a replacement.” 

“B-but why me?” Naeun asked with confusion written all over her face. 

“We thought that you are the best replacement that we can get. You’re beautiful and you have the brains.” Mr. Nam answered her questions in full smiles, hoping that he can fully convince Naeun to be the university’s representative.

“I think she is the best replacement from all the options suggested earlier.” Jin Ah suddenly said. She got up from her seat and walked right in front of Naeun. She pushed Naeun’s shoulder a little, signaling Naeun to straighten her back. Jin Ah lifted her chin a little and carefully fixed Naeun’s hair. 

“She looks natural. She actually looks like she isn’t wearing any make-up at all yet she already looks really attractive. The way speaks is polite enough. The proper way of walking will just be easy. Only, I haven’t seen her smile.” Jin Ah’s words made Naeun flattered inside. She tried to smile even though she knows that it might look really awkward.

“Not bad.” Jin Ah commented with a smile. “She’ll be fine. I personally want her to be the university’s representative for the competition.”

Naeun sighed. Being the representative sounds fine but she doesn’t know if she’ll be good enough. She doesn’t have any experience at all.  

Will she really be fine? Is she really enough?

***

Hongbin has been waiting for Naeun to come out of the Tourism building for about an hour and a half already.  He had been calling her for countless times but she won’t answer. 

Five minutes had passed when he saw Naeun is walking towards the building’s exit door. He was all smiles waiting on a corner near the exit of the building, ready to surprise Naeun when he realized she’s with Jaehyo.

This is not good.

Jealous “boyfriend” mode: ON

Naeun was busy talking to Jaehyo as they go out of the building, causing Hongbin not to be noticed by Naeun. He was dumbfounded that he wasn’t even noticed.

“Mommy!” Hongbin shouted making Naeun stop from walking as well as Jaehyo. Naeun looked around, shocked. Hongbin walked towards the two of them. Jaehyo on the other hand tried not to show how irritated he is towards Hongbin because his moment with Naeun was obviously ruined.

“Why are you here?” Naeun asked. Hongbin stood by her side and placed his arms around Naeun’s waist. 

“How was your day, mommy? Why did you go out late?” Hongbin asked with his most concerning voice like he was really interested to how Naeun’s day went.

“My day went fine Hongbin. The-“

Naeun was cut off by Hongbin who kissed her cheek. Jaehyo raised his eyebrows.

“My day went fine, DADDY. The Foreign Languages professor just talked to me about something that is why I came out late.” Naeun emphasized the word “Daddy” which made Hongbin smile so wide.

“In your face, Ahn Jaehyo! Ha!”  

“Naeun, I think I should go now. I still need to finish some paperwork that Mr. Nam asked me to do.” Jaehyo said while slightly giving Hongbin a sharp look. Of course, Hongbin also looked at him sharply in return.

“Sure. Thanks for today.” Of course Naeun isn’t numb for her not to feel the tension between the two guys.

 “Take care, Naeun.” Jaehyo smiled at Naeun then left. 

When Jaehyo was clearly out of Hongbin’s sight, he threw a fist in the air. “Yes!”

Naeun looked at him. “What the hell is your problem?”

“You see the look in his face? He’s envious of me. You know why? ‘Coz I have you! Oh, yeaaahh!~” Hongbin looked so stupid while doing some weird victory dance. 

Naeun rolled her eyes. “Whatever.”  She started walking; leaving Hongbin who shakes his with his eyes closed chanting “I have Naeun. Uh-huh! Oh yeah!”


OH GOSH IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!

 

Sorry if the update is kinda lame. I'll make it up to you guys!

 

Read.Comment.Subscribe.Upvote.ENJOY!~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel

 

CYBORG VIXX IS JUST DAEBAK!!! *HOLDING ON TO LEO'S BANGS*