Do You Want To Get Married?

It Will Always Be You

Hongbin is rich. Her mother owns a law firm while his father is in the aviation business.

But he’s not really much into spending money. He’d rather save it up.

He doesn’t love the idea of spending money for no good reason.

But as Hongbin knew the Naeun’s situation as of the moment, he didn’t think twice about spending or how much would it cost.

And aside from that, he is starting to hate the guy who’s trying to be a knight-in-shining-armor for Naeun.

He is Ahn Jaehyo. He’s a senior tourism student. He’s also rich and handsome and girls swoon over him. He was rumored to have a huge crush on Naeun. He wants to win the bidding for the chance to be with her for the whole day.

But of course, Hongbin won’t let that happen.

“Higher than 500?” the warden asked.

“1,000” Hongbin showed up from behind the crowd which made Naeun surprised because she thinks that Hongbin’s mad at her.

“1500!”Jaehyo increased his bid and looked at Hongbin intently like he was challenging him.

“3000” Hongbin met Jaehyo’s glare, accepting the challenge.

The warden and the other facilitators started to feel the tension between the two men. Hongbin and Jaehyo kept increasing their bid until they reached up to 10,000. It shocked everyone and they assumed that no one would want to stop the bidding.

But Naeun doesn’t feel good about the bidding. She can’t accept that she is being auctioned. It feels as if she can be bought or be exchanged with money. It downgrades her pride.

So before Hongbin make his bid to 20,000, she stopped everyone.

“Would you please stop this? I’m not a freaking object for heaven’s sake! I just can’t be auctioned like this!”

“It’s the policy, miss.” The warden said.

“I don’t care. I don’t like this.” Naeun replied, clearly implying that she’s pissed off.

“Then what do you want to do about it?”

“Let Lee Hongbin bail me out.”

Hongbin just remained calm about the situation but deep inside him, he was happy. Naeun gave him the chance to save her and it feels as if she chose Hongbin over Jaehyo.

The warden agreed and let Naeun out of the miniature prison and Hongbin gave a check amounting to 20,000 as the bail. The warden and the other jail booth staff didn’t mind if their bidding policy was broken because they know that they will get something big in the end.

As for Jaehyo, he just accepted defeat for that moment. But he just won’t give up easily.

And before leaving with Naeun, Hongbin plastered a smirk of success and made sure that Jaehyo saw it.

 

***

 

But even if he was happy that Naeun is with him as of the moment, Hongbin still continued playing the game of being a bit mad on her.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?” Naeun broke the silence. They are both sitting on a bench and Hongbin isn’t facing her, making her so frustrated about what’s going on.

But Hongbin didn’t utter any reply.

“Hey! I’m asking you a question. Did I do something wrong?” Naeun asked again.

Hongbin sighed and faced her. “You really don’t know?”

“No, I don’t. So please clear it out to me. Please.”

“I’m wondering… What do you think about the things I do for you? The way I treat you? Or just the way I talk to you. What do you feel about it?” Hongbin asked, looking directly into the Naeun’s eyes, making the latter tense up a bit.

“I personally think that you do those things on the purpose of justifying our relationship. For the main purpose of making others think that we are real.” Naeun answered truthfully.

Hongbin felt a little pang on his chest making him sigh once more, but a lot deeper. “You don’t feel anything more about it? Something different? Something special?”

Naeun can feel that Hongbin is trying to point out something. His words wants to make Naeun confess something to him and she knows that it was exactly what she was trying to deny these past few days.

“Nothing. I feel nothing special about it.” Naeun let those words slip out of . She doesn’t know but she saw Hongbin’s eyes suddenly show pain and disappointment.

Hongbin stood up and walked, leaving Naeun behind. She was dumbfounded. She can’t understand Hongbin’s actions. She doesn’t know what he did wrong and he just left her with only his expression as a clue.

Did she hurt him? When? How?

Then she suddenly saw Minah, walking towards her direction. Suddenly, an idea came to her mind.

Naeun tried to catch up with Hongbin. She made him face her even he doesn’t want to.

“Hongbin!”

He still doesn’t face her.

 

“Lee Hongbin!”

 

“Yah! Hongbin!”

 

“Daddy!”

 

Hongbin stopped walking. Did he just hear Naeun called him ‘daddy’? He can’t believe his ears but he liked it. No, it’s more like he loved it. He loved hearing it and he wants her to say it over again.

He finally faced her. Only a matter of few centimeters is between them.

“I don’t know what I did wrong but whatever it is, I’m sorry.”

Hongbin didn’t have any reaction not until Naeun asked him the question that made him go mentally jump into a pool of happiness.

“Do you want to get married? To me?”


 

It's really a short update. I'm sorry but this is the best I can do as I'm being trapped by tons of reports, homeworks and a script for a play. /dies

I really missed updating this story /cries  And belated Happy Birthday to our baby ManHyuk! I seriously want to ask him to marry me. I want to send him a marriage contract right now.

 

 

Read.Comment.Subscribe.Upvote.ENJOY!~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel