TEACH ME

Heart Torn In Two

It was the first day of the new term as you looked through both windows to take a peek at either boy; neither was in their beds as you quickly put on your uniform heading for the door ignoring your Umma’s pleas about a healthy breakfast. You met your best friend outside the door as you met her with a cheery smile as you saw her boyfriend was on the other side of her linking her fingers as you felt like the third wheel you made an excuse to go another way as she pouted at you but was quickly drew her attention back to her loud boyfriend. You walked through this alley to get to school quickly when you heard footsteps from behind you, you stopped as the footsteps stopped as well. You walked faster as you heard their footsteps increased you panicked as the person behind you placed a hand on your shoulder you put all your strength on them flipping them over with all your might but ended up in a tangle yourself as you fell on top of the person with a thud.

You opened your eyes to see a now brunette Yoseob on the floor underneath you with his school uniform now stained with dirt as you looked into his big dazzling eyes as you could feel his heart quicken underneath your own chest. He gave you one of those charming smiles that made you melt as he said hello in a soft voice as you replied back to him smiling back at him.

‘Well, aren’t you two cosy?’ Asked an amused voice from the top of the alleyway as you looked up to see a smiling Alicia huddled next to Jinki Oppa. You quickly got off Yoseob as you brushed off your crinkled uniform. He got up beside you as you saw his new uniform stained with dirt.

‘Ahh Yoseob your uniform it’s all… I’m sorry.’ You told him lowering your head in disappointment.

‘Anni... It’s okay, don’t worry I should be the one apologizing since I scared you first’

As the four of you awkwardly left to go to school by the time you made it there the bell had rang as you took a seat in between Alicia and Dongho who had a quick look over your uniform giving you a strange look as you blushed looking back to the front. As a knock on the door interrupted the class, Yoseob strutted inside as he did he looked at you giving you a slight wink that the few girls in the row before you sighed thinking it was for them. Yoseob talked to the teacher as he flashed his smile to the 30+ Women teacher who was now buckling underneath his gaze. As he introduced himself he looked directly at you as Alicia nudged you in the ribs, he walked past you to the table right behind you as he did he grazed your hand that was planted on the edge of the table of which you are now tightly grasping as you couldn’t bear to look at neither Dongho or Yoseob.

The day passed slowly as you refused to look beside you or behind you as you could feel both their stares on you the whole time. The time continued to drag on slowly as your phone vibrated in your pocket. You saw that Dongho noticed and so did some of the students surrounding you. You pulled the phone from your pocket and saw Yoseob sent you a text message;

‘I’m so bored let’s go play later okay?’  You looked around in shock as you texted him back but before you had the chance to send it to him you heard the teacher called your name.

‘Please tell us the correct formula for this maths equation.’ You could feel your heart leaping from your chest when Dongho came out from beside you calling out the right answer.

‘Thank you Dongho’ the teacher said as he gave you a stare before turning back to the board announcing there is going to be an exam and everyone should be prepared as groans came out from everywhere in the room. You gave Dongho a small thank you nod as he just smiled at you as he passed you a small note; ‘You owe me lets go play later.’

You looked from your phone to Dongho’s note as you deleted the text you were about to send Yoseob and changed it to;

You got me in trouble and I’m busy later. Go play with some of the girls you hanged out with at the party.

You sent the text to him as you nodded to Dongho who let out a small jump which made people surrounding him laugh.

It was finally the end of the day as Alicia waved goodbye as she ran up to kiss Jinki Oppa on his lips making you smile at the cute couple as you saw the girls surrounding them give Alicia death stares but you knew she could care less as she walked away hand in hand with Jinki Oppa. You looked at your watch as you waited for Dongho when he finally showed up he was holding a small bouquet of pink flowers as he gave them to you.

‘Ta-Da, Come on lets go bowling.’ As he grabbed your hand pulling you towards the bowling alley where you met up with Jinki Oppa and Alicia. The bowling alley was a popular spot for kids to hang out after school so when you got there the place was swarming with people they knew. Dongho booked a lane on the end as you, Dongho, Alicia & Jinki all put on your bowling shoes. You picked up a blue ball that was way too heavy for you as Dongho passed you a light pink ball when he picked up the blue ball his muscles tensed as he swung it up and down like it was nothing. Alicia picked up a purple ball with Jinki holding a yellow ball, Alicia was first due to alphabetically order as she stepped up there was some loud rowdy noises coming from the next lane when you saw that it was Yoseob with a bunch of rowdy guys that you saw at the party. He gave you a small smirk as he continue to drink Dongho caught your eyes quickly catching your attention as he & Jinki cheered for Alicia who looked very embarrassed as she hid her face when she got a strike. It was now Dongho’s turn as you watched him step out you saw Yoseob did as well, everyone in the bowling alley went quiet as the two death stared each other. Alicia who was linking her fingers with Jinki elbowed you but you were holding your breath as they both bowled at the exact same time and both got a strike. You could feel their intense eyes on you as you stepped up but you received hoots and cheers from Alicia and Jinki so they broke the awkward silence in the air. You just realised you didn’t know how to do it properly and you are pretty sure if you tried it would turn out very embarrassing. You looked back at your friends as Dongho realised the situation he came up right beside you.

‘Don’t worry I will teach you.’ His hand slid to your lower back as his hand was placed over yours as he helped you swing the ball back and forth you heard a small grunt from the side and you were pretty sure it was Yoseob as you ignored him returning back to Dongho’s lesson.  He finally let you go so you can try you took a deep breath and swung the ball. Everyone watched in anticipation as the ball rolled down the lane and somehow even after the lesson you still ended getting a gutter ball.

‘Don’t worry it is okay.’ He put a comforting arm around your shoulder as the rounds finally ended with Jinki Oppa wining the teddy bear as he gave it to Alicia to have she kissed him making him spin her around in circles.  You walked home with Dongho as you said goodbye to Alicia and Jinki oppa.  It was cold outside so Dongho held you close to his body as he walked you home. You reached your house/his house/Yoseob’s House. His hand was still on yours as you recognised what he was about to do, you take a deep breath in as he leaned in close nearly touching your lips…