Choose Your Path To Him

Heart Torn In Two

He held your hand as you pulled him to the park swings. You sat down on the swing as he went behind you pushing you on the swing you felt like children as you went high he sat down on the other attempting to beat you. You swung yourself back and forth finding yourself laughing loudly as he made faces at you from the swing.

‘Can You Jump?’ He yelled out to you from his own swing as you nodded your head with a smile on your lips.

‘Whoever can jump the furthest has to…piggy back the other around the park’

‘How can I piggy back you? Fine Deal’ He gave you puppy dog eyes with a fiery glint you aimed for the sand in front of you as he started to count down.

‘3, 2 ,1’ You leapt in the air laughing as you landed in the sand beside him laughing like  a maniac as he rolled beside you suddenly grabbing your hand. He held it and placed it above his chest as you felt his steady heartbeat underneath your small hand.  He began singing beside you as you both looked up at the sky.

‘It’s beautiful isn’t it?’ You told him in a whisper as he stopped singing turning his head to look at you.

‘Yeah you are…’ You blushed at his small comment as you looked into his eyes that were suddenly clouding your view and he was suddenly on top of you.  He gave you a smirk that revealed his dimple as you bit your lips awaiting for his actions when he suddenly got up and crouched down.

‘What are you doing?’ You asked him in a confused tone when he suddenly put you on his back.

‘I lost…’ He started running around the park with you on his back.

‘YA put me down you will get tired.’ You asked him lightly slapping him on his back as he let out a howl taking you home.

‘Let’s go movies tomorrow okay I want to treat you…’ He told you and before you could answer he kissed your hand before running to his house.  You lied down on your bed falling fast asleep as you dreamt about him once more.

The next morning you quickly got dressed to see him when you looked at your calendar as your eyes nearly exploded at what was on today. It was Dongho & yours anniversary of when you guys met and every single year you would go to watch a movie with him. You totally forgot as you rushed downstairs where both boys waited with nervous smiles.

You looked through your window and you could feel your heart sink down to your stomach at the thought of boys waiting for you. You made a decision that you would invite both and maybe they can have some bonding time and there might be a slight possible chance of them becoming friends, even though you knew your chances were slim you had to try something so with a deep breath you walked out to face the boys.

‘Dongho-ah , Yoseob-ah, I totally forgot that I made plans with both of you guys to go watch a movie so why don’t we all go together…’ You looked at both of their faces as their smiles disappeared as you tugged at their arms giving the cutest look you could as their smiles slowly returned and nodded their heads.

You took a taxi towards the cinema as you could feel the awkward tension in the air when suddenly the taxi arrived. You walked in looking at the lowest floor of the mall as you pressed the elevator button you could feel both glaring at each other from behind you.

‘What do you guys want to watch?’ You asked as the elevator doors finally opened, all three of you got inside with no one else. They kept their eyes on the floor as the lift started to move and all was well until suddenly the elevator screeched to a stop as the lights out. In shock you grabbed their hands with Dongho on one side and Yoseob on the other you felt less freaked out. The elevator completely stopped as the lights continued to flicker on and off making it even more freaky as Dongho took action he pressed the emergency button checking his phone for reception but no hope. He pressed the button once more when a scratchy voice told us all to stay calm.

‘There seems to be a small malfunction please stay calm and we will try to get you guys out of there soon thank you for coming to Seoul Mall.’ The man disconnected as Yoseob let out a small swear, you didn’t realise how tight you were holding onto their hands until you released them from your grasp sliding onto the floor.

You were in the second highest level and it would be a long drop down if the elevator was going to break but you tried to keep those thoughts out of your mind as the two boys sat on both sides of you. You leaned your head back on the cool metal of the elevator as it began to get hot in the tight space of the elevator. It was silence for a while but the more quiet it got the more tension built as you needed to break that anger in the room you started to play with their fingers in boredom.  You grabbed both their hands and placed them on your thighs playing with their fingertips and comparing your hands with theirs when suddenly Yoseob stood up. He had sweat covering his forehead as he pulled a rough hand through his moist ruffled hair in frustration. He hit the emergency button but no one came up as he banged on it louder causing it to bounce off the walls of the elevator making it shake lightly at his strength.  You got a little frightened and Dongho noticed as he got up from his seat placing a hand on Yoseob’s shoulder. Yoseob turned around with a glare grabbing tightly onto Dongho’s hand.

‘Do not touch me’ His voice was filled with hatred and you had never seen this side of him before, he suddenly twisted Dongho’s arm throwing him back against the elevator door.

‘YA I’M TRYING TO HELP YOU…YOU STUPID ’ Dongho hissed at Yoseob as he held onto his arm making you suddenly get up, you could feel both of them boiling up and you didn’t want this to happen as you stood in between both just in case.  

‘YOU DON’T WANT TO MAKE ME ANGRY REMEMBER WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME SHIN DONGHO’ Yoseob gave him a cold smirk as your eyes widened because Dongho raised his arm in anger you placed a hand on both of their chests standing in the way.

‘YOU DON’T SCARE ME YOU RICH SNOB YANG YOSEOB, YOU THINK YOU ARE SO TOUGH HIDING BEHIND YOUR UMMA & APPA’

‘MOVE’ Yoseob gave you a warning as he hissed the command at you but you refused to budge as he pulled your hand away.

‘I DON’T WANT TO HURT YOU…’ Yoseob told you as he never took his eyes away from Dongho who was breathing heavily on his side.

‘If you guys hurt each other you will be hurting me…’ You told him as you looked at his eyes wanting the charming happy Yoseob that you have strong feelings for back instead of this person that you hardly know.

‘We won’t fight if you choose’ Dongho finally spoke as he put your hand down to your side as looked from both Dongho & Yoseob.

‘Is this what you both want for me to choose between the people I love…?’  You asked them in a chance that they wouldn’t make you do what you had been dreading since these two have come into your life.

‘You love one of us different from the other and we will support your decision no matter who you choose’ Yoseob gave you a slight smile as his anger began to fade so Did Dongho but you were torn between the two as you slide down to the ground holding your head in your hands trying to think to make a decision that is going to leave one heartbroken, the other in happiness and you torn in two…

You sat on the ground your head in pain aching about your decision; you looked up into their eyes looking back and forth between the two.  Dongho the boy that has always been by your side when you were young he would pick you up when you were down or the boy you have met not long ago that has swept into your life changing everything. The decision was too hard as you got up from your spot banging on the emergency button for help or anything to save you from this decision. As someone finally came on over the speaker:

‘We are currently looking over the situation and will get you out shortly please be patient.’ As once again it disconnects leaving you in more anger as you turned around to see their patient faces awaiting your decision.

‘It’s okay really just choose… We will both still love you no matter who you choose’ Dongho told you in a calm voice that didn’t really help but you appreciated his help as you nodded sliding back to the ground patting the ground for both to sit on either side of you.

‘Give me reasons why I should choose either of you….’ You told them as you sat on the other side of the elevator to get a clear look at both their faces. They gave each other a stare before Dongho started speaking up as you listened with a blank expression.

‘Since we were young I had felt something for you and I couldn’t figure out what this feeling was but every time I saw you my heart would beat faster and I would break out in cold sweat… When I kissed you it felt like everything was coming together and I felt the most happy when I was around you…’ He looked up at you with a small smile that revealed his eye-smile as you nodded once more taking everything in as you looked to Yoseob who was twiddling his thumbs in a nervous manner.

‘I know I haven’t met you for as long or have ever shared any childhood memories with you but I want you to know that I will always be there when you are down or pick you up when you fall. I will be there for you even through wind and rain I will be by your side loving you… Saranghaeyo’ His voice whispered the last word as you felt small tears form in the corner of your eyes, you blinked them away you had made your decision as you pecked both boys on their soft cheeks. You opened your mouth to tell them when suddenly the door opened and in shined in light letting you out. You climbed out of the elevator and immediately saw Hye Min run into Yoseob’s arms and out of the corner of your eye you see Mika running into Dongho’s arm letting you slip away without either noticing. You run back home trying to clear your head as you closed your eyes slipping into a deep sleep once more. The phone buzzed as you looked at your clock it was now: 9.30pm what would anyone want from you right now as you glared opening the phone it showed a message from Yoseob:

Come to The park…We have to talk

You bit your lip in thought as your phone buzzed once more and you already knew who it was before even looked at the phone it was Shin Dongho:

I’m at the beach the place where I first met you. Please come see me I will be waiting for you…

You shut the phone walking down the pathway that led to both the beach and the park as you tried to come up with a decision of who to go to.  You finally arrived at the tip of the pathway on one side led to the beach where a Dongho your best friend who you had always felt something for was waiting or Yang Yoseob the boy you have grown to love at the park, both sides seem to have a tug in your heart as you closed your eyes spinning around ten times and kept walking where it led you to…