Chapter 7 - A Taste of Stardom (part 2)

Our Sweet Leah[Hiatus]

Author's Note:

Ok, guys. This would be mostly in Leah's POV,
but I inserted other POV's well, the flow of the story went smoothly when I added other POV's...


editor:
hello stranger (THANK YOU!)
author: phantom knight

if you want to read my editor's fic, here is the URL:
www.winglin.net/fanfic/yze/
comment there too ok?
if ever you're going to read it.
^^

----

[Leah’s POV]

As I talked with my brother, I saw Yun Ho’s expression. I just remembered I made a promise to him that he could meet my father. It’s been weeks since that day. I felt so bad I disappointed him.

Well, my father’s been busy lately and he seldom comes home. He recently got a tighter schedule, because of so many projects, from dramas to commercials to photo shoots. He even sprained his ankle once shooting an action scene. He’s ok now. He just shot that same action scene the other day.
I’m just so glad they agreed to accept my offer, that way I could help my dad and I could formally introduce Yun Ho to him.

“I’m bored. Why don’t we all go for a walk around the neighborhood?” My brother suggested.

I was afraid of this.

I hate him saying that particular ‘statement.’
Every time I introduce to him new friends–especially boys–he always proposes this.

It’s either he wants to know my new friends better or he notices something weird from them and wants to take a closer look.

I do hope it’s the first reason. He’s good at reading people’s actions and expressions, although he does not do it intentionally. He instantly knows if a person is nice, arrogant and so on by just looking at them.

He uses this ‘gift’ at my guy friends to know who would possibly court me in the future. I know it’s weird, but honestly, he’s just looking out for me.

“Sure! I would love that!!!” Miyaka shouted as she looked at Jin-chan with so much joy.

Her reaction only means one thing. She likes my older brother. It’s only been a while, but I really know her well.
I could consider her now as a best friend. I was shocked myself; usually it takes me a month to know a person well enough. Back home I had so many friends that I didn’t even know their last names.

Maybe I did change...

I took a glance at Yun Ho again and he got himself absorbed in the script for the commercial. But he was sweating, then and there I saw my brother staring at him. Oh no, this can’t be!
My brother is getting suspicious.

So I immediately stood up,
“Let’s go!” I initiated as I hurried down the hallway to our main hall. I tried to catch my breath lightly holding my chest; I started to feel nervous, very nervous.

“This is a bad start.” I whispered to myself closing my eyes.
Someone patted my shoulder and gave out a loud sigh. That someone came closer and whispered in my ear,

“Leah, don’t worry I won’t do anything bad to them.” My unpredictable brother stated. How I wish he wouldn’t, his looks are already killing my friends on the inside, for his information.

I gradually opened my eyes and saw Yun Ho, Jae Joong, Yoo Chun and Miyaka right in front of me.

“Leah are you ok?” Jae-chan asked me with concern in his tone.

“Yeah.” I answered him.

“I thought you were having a heart attack or something…” Yoo Chun uttered to me as he scratched his head acting as if he was really worried.

He’s my least favorite from the three of them after Yun Ho. He’s number 4, while Yun Ho’s number 3 and Jae-chan is my number 2 and 1.

Let’s just say I favor Jae-chan more; although he’s overall aura is cold and mysterious. If he was not my guide during my first week at Kaede Gauken, I would not have the courage to talk to him at all. He’s like the ‘dead kid’ at my old school, but Jae’s way better-looking.
I can sense Yoo Chun doesn’t like me that much. Well, I don’t like him either, so we’re fair. Yun Ho is plain weird and he’s getting weirder by the day.

“Leah… Are you sure you’re ok?” my friend bubbly Miyaka made sure. For crying out loud? Don’t I look ok? I hate people constantly asking the same question. It’s irritating. I just have to answer again to get this over with.

“Yes, I’m ok.”
“Alright let’s go then!” my brother announced as he smirked. He’s having fun torturing me like this. He knows me too well. He left me behind dragging my friends with him.
“I didn’t see this coming…” I murmured.
I chose between my blue heels or my blue doll shoes.

Well, I wore my doll shoes, so if ever my brother does something crazy, I can easily run away. That seems to be my only option, making a run for it if he does.

“Chotto matte kudasai!! (Please wait a minute)” I shouted to them as I went out of the door.
Jin-chan opened the gate and let the four out. I instantly followed but he held my wrist and stopped me.

“Oh no, wait for me.” said Jin-chan. I dared not to look at him; it’s best if I don’t his stabbing eyes would only murder me.

He closed the gate and we all began walking. They all were right in front of me and my brother. Jae-chan and Yoo Chun started their own conversation leaving out Yun Ho who still was absorbed in reading the script.

Suddenly Miyaka began searching for something in one of her pockets. She took out a sky blue handkerchief and handed it out to Yun Ho and smiled with her small charcoal eyes,

“Yun-chan, kore (here).” She pursued, “You’re sweating. Wipe it with this.” Yun Ho’s eyes looked at her but his face did not follow. He looked back at us then took the handkerchief and bowed his head.

“Arigato…” he thanked her as he wiped his sweat away; he kept it in his pocket for safekeeping and reabsorbed himself in the script.

I saw his dedication there. He really wants to do well. On the other hand I glanced at my brother and saw him staring at my umber haired friend.

Oh, oh… That’s not a good sign. Unexpectedly he sped up his phase stretched his right hand excused himself to Miyaka went beside Yun Ho and positioned his arm around my umber haired friend’s shoulder.

Jae Joong and Yoo Chun noticed this and flinched as a reaction. They all stopped excluding Jin-chan and Yun Ho. I was able to catch up on Jae-chan, Yoo Chun and Miyaka-chan. I looked at them and they were all surprised.

I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear as I took a deep breath and I solemnly stated,
“Don’t mind my brother let’s just keep walking.”

And so they did. I saw Jae Joonng position his left hand balled in to a fist. I heard him clear his throat twice before he spoke to me.

“Leah, what exactly is your brother doing? Honestly I’m afraid of him.”
When I was about to answer and calm Jae-chan down Yoo Chun butted in,

“Yeah, he scares me… Poor Yun Ho, he just had to suffer this horrible fate.” said my ebony haired friend glancing at him. Wow, his voice sounded so soothing. The kind of voice that can make any girl melt. The deep cool sweet serene voice not all guys have.

Why did I notice that just now? Was it because I ignored him too much every time he spoke up? He holds the voice I could possibly fall for, but his attitude? Not so amiable.

I was formerly in love with a playboy, well been there done that and I am not going back there again; it’s too painful to bear once more.
But, doesn’t a playboy say ‘I love you’ the sweetest; when he hugs you, you can feel so much warmth and love. When he looks at you, he automatically makes you melt; he makes you feel you’re the luckiest and the most special girl in the whole entire world.

You just wished he wouldn’t dump you or get fed up in your relationship sooner or later. That everything would last forever? Well, enough about me…

I gazed at Jae Joong, who was closely watching my brother and Yun Ho. His eyes are so nice to look at, although it is so ice cold. I found pleasure intently looking at his eyes.

“Hey, Leah! Stop that! Jae Joong is taken!” ‘mommy’Yoo Chun caught me, informing me that Jae Joong is taken. I looked away as I attracted attention, sure thing my brother did not hear that but I saw my umber haired friend look back at my direction again, seems like he heard his friend.
Miyaka went near me and poked my left arm. I saw her wide grin and she was blushing for me. Wait, he said Jae Joong’s TAKEN, since when?
I recalled what my ebony haired friend had said; as I TRIED to make it sink in, Jae-chan spoke up,

“Don’t listen to him Leah, I have NO girlfriend.” Jae-chan denied rolling his eyes after glancing at Yoo Chun, relieving me.
“What!?”
Yoo Chun retorted but he gave him a dagger look to shut him up. I sighed, wondering what my brother and Yun Ho are talking about.

[End of Leah’s POV]

[Yunho’s POV]

“So, since we’re talking about our past girlfriends. Do you like anyone right now? Do I know her? ” Leah’s brother directly asked, his arms still resting on my shoulders. He had never-ending questions to ask me, he always comes up with something.

I took a very deep breath and sighed. I was sweating hard, like I was working out at the gym, I did not stop sweating. I faced him my eyes wandering some place else.

“No, I do not like anyone as of the moment.” I answered with all honesty. I think I was honest…
“Honto? (Really)”
“Hai.”

“Do YOU like my sister?” He queried bringing his face close to mine.

What the!? I looked at him flabbergasted, all of the sudden my heart stopped beating. And random thoughts conquered my mind. I started to catch my breath. Why would he ask that question? I don’t like her. “I don’t like her.” I stated aloud for him to hear, after gathering all the confidence I have.

“Ok, if you say so…” he said hearing disappointment in his tone.
“By the way, stop sweating. It’s a hot day but you’re sweating like it is.” He pursued.

I closed my eyes. I was feeling so alleviated, I heard my heart started beating again.
Now, I know I cannot be interrogated; just talking to him felt like I was in an interrogation room. I also felt like I was guillotined in front of a large number of audiences after answering his last question.

I gazed at Jae and Micky’s direction. I saw them looking back at me; I smiled showing them everything is alright. Leah’s brother took his arm away and placed it on his side. He stopped from walking and turned around.

“Let’s get some ice cream, shall we?” He suggested as he smiled at everyone.

[End of Yunho’s POV]

[Leah’s POV]

“Ice cream?” We all reassured.

“Yeah, I have this urge of eating something sweet right now.” My brother announced as he showed his charming/killer smile.
If some use the ‘puppy dog pout’, he uses ‘the K. Smile’ as the media named it, K standing for killer. It never fails to manipulate other people; he uses this to hook them in.

Jin-chan is always out in the public with my dad, so basically I’m the invisible daughter of Junichi Koizumi. My father doesn’t want me to go out in the public eye. It’s because he doesn’t want me to have so many suitors, he thinks it would also affect my studies. I have to wait until I’m like in college before I could be introduced to the open.

Miyaka whispered at my ear,
“Your brother is so HOT.”
I sharply looked at her mimicking my brother but it didn’t work on her, instead she laughed at me.
“Why can’t I like your brother?”
“No.” I gave a straight answer.
“Fine.” She shortly replied crossing her arms.

[End of Leah’s POV]