Chapter 11 - Another School Day

Our Sweet Leah[Hiatus]

 

Author's Note:

I placed a POV of Miyaka... since she didn't have any from the past chapters...

By the way I forgot to put the trailer here.

 

Well here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOYC2pp6ZwY

I would like to thank
monochrome-colors.blogspot.com
for the wonderful video~!
Thanks to the trailer maker and to the site~
I'm not really sure who made it but thanks sooo much.

Oh, and I posted this on winglin too that was the first site I posted this fanfiction.

As well as my other works here, they are also postd at winglin.net

editor: hello stranger
author: phantom knight

----


[Miyaka’s POV]

“AH!!! I’m so sleepy!” I exclaimed as I stretched my arms.

I looked at the mirror to fix my hair. (I should always look cute.)
The girls in the bathroom were staring at me.
I simply glared at them and I was able to drive them away.
I applied lipgloss and then fixed my uniform.
I placed back my make-up kit in my bag and zipped it up. I carried my bag on my shoulder and went out the girl’s bathroom.

It was still early in the morning but surprisingly many of my schoolmates flooded the hallways.
I went to my locker and took out the books I needed for the day.
I closed my locker, and an idea came to my mind.
Why don’t I look for Leah, maybe she’s still at her locker…? I’ll go check. I ran through the crowd of students accidentally bumping at some of them.
“There she is…” I muttered hiding behind a group of students…nerds I mean.
She looks a little troubled. Did something happen? Why isn’t she saying anything to me?
She was taking out her books and checking her schedule then she suddenly smiled.
Okay now that’s weird… Something’s up…

I heard throats being cleared near me; I gawked up and saw the nerds looking at me, confused.
I chuckled and smiled sweetly. Their heads moved form left to right as they were clicking their tongues; they simultaneously closed the books they were holding and walked away.
‘Rude people!’ I thought

I went towards Leah and heard her murmuring. I think she was mumbling numbers and mathematical equations? Wow, who does math this early in the morning? Well, I don’t that’s for sure! I’m impressed.

I have acquired the habit of startling her even though she told me not to, but hey its fun messing around with other people. I crept my way to her so she wouldn’t notice me. I stretched out my hand and prepared to scare her.
“Kon-nichiwa!!!” I shouted.
Leah screamed and dropped her books.
“Miyaka! I told you stop doing that!” Leah nagged stomping her feet like a little girl.
I laughed at her. I helped her gather her books that fell on the floor.
“Get used to it, Leah…” I stated.
“Let’s get to class.” She said closing her locker and brushing her hair with her fingers.

[End of Miyaka’s POV]

[Leah’s POV]

Miyaka and I entered the classroom. Miyaka went straight to her seat and placed her belongings. A guy came up to her and got her distracted.
I was still standing in front of the door when someone opened it,
“I’ll see you later Yun Ho.” That’s Jae Joong’s voice. My heart jumped.
“I’m sorry Leah... I didn’t see you.” He apologized after accidentally pushing me.

“It’s ok; I should be the one apologizing. I’m the one who’s in the way.” I glanced at him and Yun Ho afterwards smirking. I noticed Yun Ho frowned after he saw me.

“See you later, Jae.” He bid good-bye in a morbid tone I had never heard from him.
My umber haired friend did not even dare to look back at me, he totally ignored me-which was new-.
“Yeah…”

Yun Ho slid the door shut.
I turned my attention to Jae Joong who was not beside me anymore, but seated at his table and trying to look busy.

Wow, this day feels so depressing. People around me act as if there’s no tomorrow.
I have a problem but I’m not showing it through my actions and words.
I try to be optimistic.

[End of Leah’s POV]

Leah sat on her seat and observed his jet-black haired friend.
She wanted to ask him if he has a problem, although she had no courage to do it.
Soon Mr. Shiroi came in, ready to teach for he was also class 2-B’s first period, Math.
He checked the attendance and immediately started to teach a new lesson.

During the discussion the foreign student lost her focus she stopped writing on her notebook and put down her pen. She glanced at the jet-black haired guy who was seated at her right.
He was sleeping; his right hand-fingers curled up into a fist-was the stand for his head to rest on
and his lips pouted like he was about to kiss someone. Jae Joong began to make faces still sleeping.

Leah started giggling, ‘He looks so cute.’ she thought while smirking.
Then she recalled that Shiroi-san doesn’t like anybody sleeping in his class. So she thought of a way how to wake him up.

She placed back the cap of her pen and positioned it at the edge of her table. She gradually pushed the pen until it fell on the floor. She tried her best to act shocked; she gave out a soft gasp. Miyaka who was on her left started to wonder what she was doing. Her bubbly friend’s face was painted with confusion.
‘What is she doing? She looks stupid.’ Miyaka thought shortly staring at her friend afterwards she focused on trying to copy notes again.

Mr. Shiroi was too busy writing and talking at the same time so he did not bother the little incident.

Leah crouched down to get her pen which rolled near Jae Joong’s chair. She stretched out her hand and pinched his face hard. He flinched before his eyes opened; he blinked a few times and suddenly frowned and saw Leah kneeling on the floor. She stood up and sat on her seat, fixed her uniform as she smiled at him. Jae Joong gave her a weak glare.

“Mr. Ryukendo!!! Stop sleeping in my class!” Shiroi shouted slamming the black board and startling everyone.

He dropped the piece of chalk back in the small open box on the table and marched to the student’s seat a few columns away from Leah.
The teacher grabbed his left ear and pinched it,

“This is the fourth time I caught you sleeping in my class Jun Ryukendo!” he exclaimed right at his ear.
“Ow…ow...Ow…sorry… I’m sorry.” Ryukendo is already feeling the pain.
“The next time I see you sleeping I will give you detention for a week… No make that a month!” he threatened also scaring everyone else.

Leah and Jae Joong glanced at each other. Jae Joong smiled at her and mouthed the word ‘Arigato’ he was glad Leah waked him up. She nodded also mouthing the words ‘Doo itashimae’.

“That would teach you…” said Shiroi, who went back in front and continued his interrupted discussion.

After hours of gruesome academics, lunchtime finally came.

“Come on Leah, let’s go.” Said Jae Joong as he stood up.
“You go ahead Jae-chan. I need to go back to my locker. I’ll just return my books.” She informed.

“Ok, ummm… I’ll see you then.” the jet-black haired guy bid good-bye and headed for the door.
Leah came after him but as soon as they went out, they went their separate ways.

She opened her locker and placed her stuff inside.
“Leah?” She heard someone call her name.
The foreign student closed her locker and saw her classmate.
“Yes?” she said with sarcasm.
“Hi I’m Catherine Lee, also a Korean…” She formally introduced herself as she shook hands with her.

“Why are you actually talking to me? Isn’t against your law to talk to someone like me who’s a nobody?” She queried as she tried offending her.

“Oh, Leah… Why are you giving me the cold shoulder? I just want to be friends…” Catherine innocently answered.

“Oh, Catherine… I know what you’re trying to do; you are befriending me so you could also befriend Jae Joong, Yun Ho and Yoo Chun. In short you’re going to use me to get close to them.”
Leah uttered in a y way.
Catherine started laughing with her right hand covering .
She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, “You seem to know everything, don’t you, Leah?”

“I also know you have a long time crush with the three of them. Too bad they never noticed you even if you are ‘the most popular girl’ in school.” She added teasing her.

Catherine gasped at what she heard.
“How dare you.” She stated narrowing her eyes.
“I’ll show you!” she suddenly walked out disappearing in the crowd of students, leaving Leah with regret.

“I’m dead…” Leah muttered.

She released a loud sigh and slipped in the crowd.

At the school canteen, the five of them still sat on the table near the big windows.
They all finished their lunch and just sat there to chat.

“Miyaka-chan? Did you bring it?” Leah asked.
“Bring what?” Yoo Chun got interested.

“Here it is.” Miyaka brought out a box and placed it on the table.
“What’s this?” Yoo Chun was about to touch it when Leah slapped his hand.
“Ouch! What was that for?”
“This is not for you.” She informed the ebony haired guy.

“Then who is it for?” Yun Ho wondered.
“It’s for Jae-chan!”
“EH?” the guys said at the same time.
Jae Joong was surprised.
“For me?” he pointed at his self.

“Hai.”
Leah slid the box in front of the jet-black haired guy.
Jae Joong opened it and got amazed,
“Wow! Leah… I can’t believe it.”
He took out the folded jacket. It was black and had prints on it.
“Woah!” Yun Ho and Yoo Chun were also amazed and felt envious.

“Remember one time when you walked me home there was this guy we passed by who wore the same jacket, you really liked it and wished you had one. So there, you have one.” Leah narrated.

“I was supposed to give it to you last weekend but I forgot. I was happy I did forget, because you seemed so troubled right now, this would be a good way to cheer you up somehow.” She continued and ended it with her charming smile.

“Thank you Leah… Umm… It was nice of you.” Jae Joong thanked her.
“Leah where’s our presents?” Yoo Chun pretended he had one.
“What present? I don’t have any for you.” Her answer was direct.

“Oh…” Micky grew more jealous.
“Lucky you Jae Joong.” Said Yun Ho, upset.
“Ah, Yun-chan! Don’t worry… I’ll give you a present too.” Miyaka tried to cheer him up.

“Yoo-hoo… Someone likes him…” Yoo Chun mocked the umber haired guy while nudging his arm.
“Stop it…” he defended.
“Yoo Chun stop it. You’re embarrassing me.” Miyaka uttered as she blushed. She was forced to look down.
“Miyaka… if you really like Yun Ho… I think you should go for it. He never had any girlfriend his whole life…” Yoo Chun encouraged her.
Yun Ho glared at him.

Afterwards there was silence.
They all heard a bunch of girls giggling. It was Catherine along with her friends. They walked by Leah’s table. Catherine’s friends seemed to laugh at her. The foreign student sulked on her chair as they passed by.

“What are those girls laughing about anyway?” Yoo Chun wondered.
“I don’t know… Maybe they’re laughing at you Micky.” Yun Ho teased.

“Mwoh?”
The ebony haired guy raised his voice as his eyes widened.
“Guys… stop it.” Jae Joong said sternly.

“Afternoon classes are about to start… We should all get back to our rooms.” Leah suggested, standing up, wanting to leave.
They all nodded and stood up as well.

Class 2-B’s next period is History and their teacher is Kurihara sensei.
Leah was not able to concentrate because Catherine and her colleagues kept on bothering her.
Miyaka tried to protect her but her classmates started bugging her as well.
Jae Joong on the other hand was busy thinking about Ye Jin and what to do with her.

History class got interrupted when someone knocked on the door.
Kurihara slid it open and saw their vice principal. Everybody stood up and bowed, frozen in their places.

“Ms. Kurihara, could you kindly excuse Mr. Kim Jae Joong?”
The vice principal requested.
“Why vice principal?” Kurihara asked.
“Someone is looking for him.” He answered searching for Jae Joong in the room.
“Oh… ok then. Umm…. Jae Joong you’re excused.” Kurihara excused him.
The jet-black haired guy stood straight and proceeded to the front door.
The vice principal went out and he followed.

Leah and Miyaka glanced at each other and their faces were painted with bewilderment.

----

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!