Chapter 12 - Baby, Don’t Come Back To Me

Our Sweet Leah[Hiatus]

editor: hello stranger
author: phantom knight

Author's Note:

Well, here's an update...
new poster by the way~!!!

Man I have to stop making poster's for this fic.

Anyways...
Enjoy!

----

[Jaejoong’s POV]

I followed close behind our vice principal as he led us through the hallway.
I was glad I got excused during History class. I’m not Japanese but I’m learning their history.
‘Crazy…’ I thought then let out a soft laugh.
Vice Principal Matsushima looked back at me and I swiftly bowed my head not wanting to make eye contact.

We reached the Teacher’s Lounge.
Some of the teachers were drinking… none other than one of the most famous drink for adults… coffee; some were catching up on their sleep.

I voluntarily stopped near the door, my head still hanging low.
I started guessing who wanted to talk to me.
If it was my mom or my dad, I would probably run away and suffer History class instead.
I don’t want them to embarrass me in front of the teachers. Besides, couldn’t they just visit me at the house?
I was lost in my thoughts when I heard sharp steps.

“Jae Joong.” A person called out.
I gawked up. Suddenly my heart stopped beating; I had imaginary people screaming in my head for me.
My mind began playing horrifying background music.

The sky has fallen.
The icebergs in both North and South Pole melted.
All the active and dormant volcanoes have erupted simultaneously.
It was the end of the world…MY world.
I wanted to run away, like my original plan but my shoes got stuck on the floor and my legs got paralyzed.

“Jae Joong?” this time it was the vice principal.
“Mr. Jae Joong!” Vice Principal Matsushima exclaimed startling me as I shrieked like a girl.

I covered my mouth, ashamed that squeal came out of my mouth.
He laughed at me for a second and cleared his throat.

“Jae Joong?” That person began chuckling.
“Stop.” I demanded.
“Jae Joong why are you giving me the cold shoulder?” that person complained.
“Ye Jin, what are you doing here? You’re disturbing me.”
Yes, it’s Kim Ye Jin, the love of my life, the cherry on my ice cream, the chocolate chips on my cookie, the girl who I share the same last name with.
She ignored my question because she looked away.

“So how are you actually related?” vice principal asked out of curiosity.
“I’m his girl--” She was about to answer but I cut her off.
“She’s my girl…sibling. Yeah, that’s it! She’s my older sister.” I quickly answered making an excuse.
I felt Ye Jin’s glare burn me.
“Really? But how come you guys have nothing in common when it comes to your features?” he wondered.
“That’s because…umm… She’s my stepsister.” I stumbled to continue the white lie I started.
“How come I never heard of her?” he continued to raise questions.
“Uh~” I couldn’t answer.
“I’m sorry. Forgive me for asking you these questions. I’ll leave you two now.” He ended.

“Wait, Vice Principal Matsushima.” Ye Jin called out.
“Yes, Ms. Kim?”
“Is there any place besides here, where we could talk privately?” She questioned. Wow, since when did she speak fluent Nihonggo and actually understand it?

“Oh, you could talk in the conference room. When you step outside you will see a red door to your left. That’s the room and don’t worry it’s not locked.” He directed.

“Thank you vice principal.” She thanked him as she bowed her head. Ye Jin placed her hands on my head and forced me to bow. She held my wrist tightly and dragged me in the conference room.

The conference room had large windows and the walls painted with a light blue color. There was also a long and large table made of fine quality of wood equipped with comfy office chairs. The school’s logo was in a frame and was hanged on the wall. The last thing I noticed was the small projector and the white screen.

Ye Jin locked the door as I stood at the very corner of the room far away from her.
She crossed her arms and then she leaned on the table’s edge.
“The vice principal looks quite scary…” She spoke up trying to start a conversation.

“Vice Principals are suppose to look scary or else no one would listen to them.” I shared what came to my mind as I walked around the room.
I heard her giggle. I actually missed hearing her laugh.
She saw me smirking and continued, “I missed you Jae~. I missed you a lot.”
“Mmm…”
I just made a sound confirming I heard her.
“Did you miss me too?”
Oh, great! I knew she was going to ask that. I nodded instead of saying ‘yes’.

“I want to hear you say it… Did you miss me?” she demanded an answer.
Women. Why are they like that? Don’t they get it that some guys aren’t good at expressing their feelings through words? I scratched my head at the thought.

“Did you miss me, Jae Joong?” she questioned and her tone sounded like she was about to cry.

I stopped right in front of her and then answered, “Uh~ Yeah…”
I hope that convinced her.
Ye Jin held back her tears.
She leaned forward and gave me a tight embrace and seconds after she released me.

“Jae Joong… Jae Joong, Jae Joong.” She mumbled my name over and over again as she lightly punched my chest.
I kept silent as I allowed her to hit me, I deserved it. I guess my answer did not convince her.

I placed my arms around her and pulled her closer to me. I forgot how it felt to hug Ye Jin. How it feels to brush her long silky hair. How the warmth of her body relaxed me. I shut my eyes as I tried to recall the very first time I ever hugged her. I laughed quietly to my self.
Out of the blue, Leah’s image flashed and I abruptly let Ye Jin go; thinking of another woman while embracing her is not right. It was sort of like cheating on her.
I saw her expression, she got confused.

“Ye Jin if you came here to talk about us, you’re wasting your time.” I said, my voice shaking.

“Jae Joong, we have to…” She begged.
“How many times do I have to tell you that this won’t work?!” I exclaimed, slamming my hands on the table. I felt her draw back a few steps.

“It will… I know it will.” She paused then spoke again.
“Let’s go back to Korea. I’ll try to convince my dad--” She pursued but I cut her off right away.

“Here… I’m giving this back.” I searched for the necklace in my pocket. As soon as I found it, I shoved it in her hands.
I took a deep breath, here goes nothing.
“I’m officially breaking us up.” I blurted out forcing myself to actually say those harsh words.
My heart was stinging. I still love her…but this is for her own good.

“No.” she disagreed. Her aura darkened.
She said only one word but it hit me so hard. She said it in a very rebellious way.
“I told you I won’t give you up.” Said she, as she wringed the necklace in her hands.

“Don’t be stubborn. I’m doing this for your own good.”
“I’m no good without you. My life will be empty without you.”
She wrapped her arms around my neck and she tilted her head to kiss me. Her soft lips soothingly touched mine. It was pecks at first but when I responded, her kisses became rough and torrid.
I can no longer pretend I had no feelings for her. I suppose Micky was right. I should stop denying… but then again, if I do stop…AISH! My head is hurting again.

I felt her warm tears touch my face.
It has been ages since I last kissed her, I bet she’s thinking the same thing.
Her tears came pouring.
Then I realized it wasn’t her tears… it was mine.
I’m crying. I can’t explain why I am crying.
‘Stop thinking Kim Jae Joong!’ I said to myself.
I just cherished our kiss, thinking that this could be our last.

Ye Jin let her arms fall to her sides as I embraced her.
Our forceful kiss grew deeper. I hope no one would walk in on us…
She instinctively ed my coat and loosened my tie. I came back to my senses and pushed her away.
“Ye Jin, we’re in school.” I told her as I fixed my uniform and wiped my tears.
“I’m sorry.” She apologized, combing her hair with her fingers.
The muscles in my face stretched gradually, I’m smiling, like I never smiled before.
Both of us began laughing just like the old times.

“Leah, you’re so stupid…” I chuckled, looking away from her.
I heard her laugh fading.
“Leah?”
I realized I called her by the wrong name.
“Who is Leah?”
“No one… Leah’s just my classmate’s dog…” I looked for an excuse using a random thought. If Leah finds out about this, I’m dead.
She became silent.
“Uh~” I gulped.
What am I still doing here? Didn’t I just break up with her?

“Jae Joong… I love you.” She stated, leaving me speechless.

“Ye Jin, I just broke up with you…” I reminded her.
“I know you didn’t mean it that way.” The aura in the room became gloomy again.
She knows me…
“I mean it, Ye Jin… I meant it.” I tried to bring her back to reality.
“Look… I have to go. I’m missing History class.” I continued wanting to escape from all this drama. I headed for the door but she held my right arm.

“Since when did you like History class, Jae?” She questioned me.
She really knows me.
“I’ve changed, Ye Jin…” I acted cold.
“Jae Joong, don’t leave. We haven’t talked enough through this.” Ye Jin begged pulling my arm like sooner or later it will get dislocated.
“I don’t want to lose you, I don’t want to forget you.” She pursued.

“If I was able to move on, you can to.” I saw her crying again.
I broke free from her grip.
“You better get back to your hotel…No. You better go back to Korea.”
“I love you, Jae Joong. I love you so much.” She kept on repeating, stopping me from leaving her.
I gathered all my courage and I shut my eyes.
“I have to go.”
I abruptly opened the door and ran outside.
I heard Ye Jin shouting my name, but I did not hear her footsteps. She wasn’t following me.
I jogged down the hallway, the hallway felt longer than usual.
I rounded the corner where the staircase was located. I went up the flight of stairs and stopped as soon as I reached the second floor. I compelled the tears that were about to come out.

I fixed myself up and proceeded back to my classroom. I politely knocked on the cream colored door and slid it open. I drew everyone’s attention, I bowed my head in return.
I went back to my seat and sighed.
I looked around and saw everyone still staring at me, some of them whispering.
Kurihara sensei continued her interrupted lecture.
My eyes stopped on Leah. I saw her worried face, I smiled at her trying to tell her everything is fine. She smiled back and returned her attention to the lecture.
Maybe History class would get my mind off her.

[End of Jaejoong’s POV]

It was finally dismissal time. The jet-black haired guy instantly stood up gathered his belongings and stormed out of the room. Leah was going to run after him but Miyaka stopped her. They escorted each other to their lockers.
Leah spotted Yoo Chun and Yun Ho in the crowd of students and called out to him.
The girls ran up to the guys.
“Yoo Chun, do you know where Jae Joong is?” The foreign student asked.
“Actually we were going to ask you the same question.” Yoo Chun stated meaning he also had no idea where their friend is.

“Oh…” Leah got disappointed and looked down.
Miyaka comforted her friend.
“Maybe he went straight home.” Yun Ho guessed while scratching his head and stealing glances at Leah.
“Uh, we have to go… Mr. Shiroi gave us tons of homework. If we don’t finish all of them we are dead.” Said the ebony haired guy.
“Wow, you actually do homework?” Miyaka .
“I might not look like the person who does homework, but deep down I care for my studies.” He rebutted.
“Oh yeah--” the bubbly friend was about to throw back another insult when Yun Ho cut her off.

“We better get going. We’ll see you guys tomorrow.” The umber haired guy left them dragging his friend along with him.

Miyaka crossed her arms and sighed angrily.
“You know, that Yun Ho began acting cold around us. I wonder what’s up.”
“Leah?”
She noticed Leah was lost in her thoughts so she nudged her.
“Hey Leah…”
“Uh, yes?”
“Were you listening to me?” she queried.
“Ah, yeah you’re right. He’s acting cold around us.”
Miyaka faced her.
“I’m pretty sure Jae Joong’s fine.”

She slowly nodded her head.
Miyaka spoke up again.

“Umm… You see I can’t walk home with you today… I need to go somewhere is that ok?”

“Yes, that’s totally fine with me.” She smirked.
“Well, see you tomorrow. Take care!” She waved good-bye and left her along the hall.
“Bye, Miyaka.” She muttered.

She spun around trying to look for Jae Joong for the last time.
She noticed the jacket she gave to the jet-black haired guy a while back.
‘That’s probably Jae-chan.’ She thought.
He was standing outside the office. She strides through the students and finally reached the office.

She tapped his shoulder,
“Jae-chan?”
As soon as he turned around, Leah dropped her books.
“Uh~” she became speechless.

“Yes?”

----

Author's Note:


Wait for the next chap!!!
Comment please...

:)