Chapter 4 - HIStory

Our Sweet Leah[Hiatus]

editor: hello stranger
author: phantom knight

----

Seoul, Korea [1 year ago]

[alarm clock ringing]

“Morning already…?”

“Hyung(older brother, if speaker is boy)!!!!!!”

“Jae Hee….”

“Hyung, do you really have to go???”

“Jae Hee, of course, I have to…”

“Aww… I’ll miss you…”

“I’ll miss you too, Jae Hee…”

“Can you teach me a new dance move that you’ll learn in Tokyo , when you come back??”

“Sure…”

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

“Yun Ho!! Get ready, you’re leaving soon…”

“Yeh, Umma…(Yes, mom)”
________________________________________

“Hmmmm, Jae Joong? Ogen…ki…desu..ka?(How are you?)”

“Go ywa yo(I’m fine)…”

“Jae Joong you should have said ‘Genki desu’(I’m fine)”

“Appa(father), I’m not at Tokyo yet…”

“But you have to practice, Jae… I don’t want you to be embarrassed there.”

“Mmmm…”
“Why so sad? You’ll miss Ye Jin?”

“Appa, I’ll miss you too, also Umma…”

“Uhmmmm… Come on, finish what you’re eating we have to leave…”
________________________________________

“Umma, see I’m too early... Jae Joong and Yun Ho aren’t even here yet…”

“Yoo Chun it’s ok to be early, at least we’re here at the airport already we won’t be stuck in traffic anymore and you'll not panic. Every time you do, you always start acting crazy, and you also cry…Besides I hate to see you cry. Your face turns red and your eyes get easily swollen. After a while I look at you and suddenly feel sympathy because you look so helpless.”
“Mmmm…”

“Yoo Chun? Promise me you’ll do well there, stop focusing on girls and start focusing on your studies. You’ll start your first year of high school there so you better change.”

“Umma, stop pinching my cheeks, I’m not a kid anymore… People can see us…”

“Awwwww, Yoo Chun. To me you’ll always be a kid…”

“AHHH, Umma…”

“Ok, ok I’ll stop… I’ll just miss my handsome Yooo Chuunnie… Be careful ok?? Don’t get into fights, especially with gang members… One more thing, prove to your father you’re not just a pretty face, you’re more than that…ok?”

“Yeh, Umma.”

“Yun Ho!!!!!” Yoo Chun called out to his friend.
“Ahh, Micky!!!” the umber haired guy shouted back walking towards him.
“Ahn nyeong ha se yo… Ajumma(Auntie).” Yun Ho greeted as he bowed his head to Yoo Chun’s mother.

“Where’s Jae??” asked the umber haired guy.

“He’s still not yet here.” Yoo Chun answered.
“What?? Where could he be?” Yun Ho wondered.
“Maybe, just maybe he dropped by Ye Jin’s house.” The ebony haired guy assumed.

“Hmm… Did you try calling him?” the umber haired guy questioned.

“Yeah, but he’s not answering it… Tried a lot of times… I even sent him messages, he’s not replying until now.” Yoo Chun explained.

[phone ringing]

“Ohh.. Yoo Chun answer it, that might be Jae Joong.” Yun Ho uttered.

“Yobasaeyo (Hello)…”
“Oh, Jae… Where are you?”

“I’m on my way… We just got stuck in traffic…”

“Ohhh…Well, just make sure you get here on time…”

“Yeah, I will… Got to go…”

[dial tone]

“So, what did Jae Joong say?” asked Yoo Chun’s mother.

“Hmm… He said he got stuck in traffic…” the ebony haired guy stated, placing his phone in to his pocket.

“See Yoo Chun… I told you so…” Yoo Chun’s mother stated rubbing it in.

“Oh, great… Just great…” The umber haired guy complained.

“… Let’s just hope, he would come on time.” said the ebony haired guy.
“Umma, could you buy me coffee?”
“Yoo Chun, don’t you have money?”
“Umma, I’m trying to save it…”
“Why?? You’ll get monthly allowance when you get there anyway, why save your money?”
“Well…” Yoo Chun couldn’t give an answer.
“Ajumma, he’s planning to buy a perfume… It’s exclusive in Japan only and it’s really expensive so he has to save…” Yun Ho answered for him.
“Perfume? Since when did you start wearing artificial perfume Yoo Chun?”

“Umma, the perfume I’m planning to buy is for men, not for women…”

“I know that dear, but why do you want to buy a perfume so expensive and full of unnecessary chemicals…?”

“ahhh--” The ebony haired guy was about to explain when her mother interrupted him.

“I mean Yoo Chun, don’t you like the natural perfumes we and your Appa make for you??”

“Umma, I do, but this is different…”
“Sometimes, I just don’t understand you…” her mother uttered turning away from his son.

“Ohh… Ajumma, you make perfumes for Micky?? That’s why he smells so unique…” Yun Ho praised.

“Thank you Yun Ho… Why can’t you be more like Yun Ho, he’s really polite…”

“Thanks a lot Yun Ho…” the ebony haired guy uttered with sarcasm.
“Umma, I don’t like to be Yun Ho, you might see him as a polite guy, but deep, deep within him….”
Yoo Chun had a more serious tone pointing at the umber haired guy, “Deep, deep within… He’s…… CRAZY!!!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”
“Sorry Umma, if I startled you…” Yoo Chun laughed.
“It’s ok dear. At least I did not have a heart attack.” She replied.

“But Umma, I was telling you the truth…”

“Micky, stop making me look bad… I take pills ok?”

After hearing that, Yoo Chun’s mother got more scared of Yun Ho and stepped away from him.

“…And I just got out of therapy…” Yun Ho added looking at his auntie that made her flinch.

There was silence.

“Umma, don’t worry were just playing with you, Yun Ho is not crazy…” Yoo Chun laughed

“Ye, Ajumma(Yes, auntie)… I’m not crazy…” Yun Ho joined Yoo Chun on laughing.
“I’ll just miss you Umma, so much and I want you to remember this day…” Yoo Chun elucidated hugging her mother.
“Hmmm, Yoo Chun you’re so sweet.” Yun Ho pretended to cry
The umber haired guy joked.

“Now, Umma can you buy me coffee?? Geo ki yo?(Please)” his son begged.

“Ok, ok, I will… Yoo Chun, you really are unpredictable… I’ll miss you too… ” his mother stated again pinching his cheeks.

After a while…

“AHHH! We have been waiting for half an hour… Jae is still not here???” Yun Ho questioned and started to panic.

“Yun Ho… Calm down… He’ll be here…” Yoo Chun’s mother stated trying to calm him down.
“Sorry, Ajumma…”
“Wait, where’s Micky?” He continued.

“Ooohhh, he’s over there at the café flirting with a foreigner…”

“A foreigner?”

“Some French girl he met at the counter when we were buying coffee…” his aunt elucidated.
“He can speak French??” Yun Ho was surprised.
“Since when?” he questioned starting to be curious about his friend.
“Well, he took lessons… I didn’t know why he wanted to learn French… But now I know, he wanted to attract and charm more girls.”

“…Comment vous appelez - vous ?(What’s your name)”
“Je m'appelle Micky(I am called Micky)”
“Hmmm, Micky…?”
“Oui…(Yes)”

“Micky!!!!! Jae Joong’s here!!!!!” Yun Ho exclaimed.

“Ahhhh… Au revoir(Good-bye)”Micky bid good-bye.

“à bientôt(See you soon)”


“Yun Ho, where’s Jae??” Micky wondered catching his breath.

“Ummmm, he went to the restroom…”said the umber haired guy.

“Oh, where’s his baggage?”
“Ummm, he brought it with him…”
“All of it??”

“Yeah… He brought all of it with him…”

“Hmm, are you sure?” Micky reassured.
“Yes, of course I am…”

Minutes later…

“Yun Ho… Jae Joong’s still not here. Nobody stays in a public restroom for too long…” Micky became suspicious.

Yun Ho can’t give a reply so he tried not to look at him.

“Yun Ho I’m talking to you, I’ve just asked you a question so answer me… ”

“………”

“What’s your problem why can’t you answer me??”

Suddenly Yoo Chun’s phone rang…

“Yobasaeyo…”

“Micky… I’m almost at the airport… Wait for me ok?”

“What???”

“I said I’m almost at the airport…”

“…… Yeh (yes)……”

Yoo Chun then hung up,
“Yun Ho…”

“What??” Yun Ho said while laughing.

“Why??” Yoo Chun continued.

“Why, what?”
“Why… Why do you have to lie to me…”

“It’s for your own good…” he replied.
“Mmm, Ajumma told me to do so.”

“Umma… Why do you have to do that?” Yoo Chun complained.

“Like what Yun Ho said, it’s for your own good.” Her mother stated.
“But Umma…”
“Yoo Chun, don’t be such a playboy, and quit acting like a baby. I keep on telling you to let the girls come to you, not chase after them.”

“Ajumma is right. Don’t act so desperate.” His friend agreed.
“Yeah right, Yun Ho you’re just saying that because you’re jealous of me. You can’t charm girls like the way I do.” The ebony haired guy insulted.

“I’ll just pretend I didn’t hear that…” denied the umber haired guy.


“Micky ah, Yun Ho ah!” a voice called out to them.

“Oh, Jae Joong ah!” both exclaimed.

“Sorry for being late, I had to pick up Ye Jin along the way then we got caught in traffic…” Jae Joong elucidated stopping right in front of them.
“Ahnnyeonghaseyo…” Ye Jin cheerfully greeted everyone.

“Ahh, Ajumma, Ahnnyeonghaseyo, gal jinet seo yo (How are you)?” the jet-black haired guy acknowleged.

“Ajusshi, Ahnnyeonghaseyo.” Both Yun Ho and Yoo Chun uttered.
“Goywayo(I'm fine).” His auntie replied.

“Ah, Park Na Rim…” Jae Joong’s father greeted.
“Hello there Kim Jun Hak, it’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other. How are you and Anya?”
“We’re fine. How about you and Jun Ho are you both doing good?”
“Yes, happy as always…”
“That’s why Micky grew up as an enthusiastic boy. You have influenced him so much.” Jae’s father praised.

“Aww, Ajusshi (Uncle) you really know how to make me feel good…” Micky uttered.


“Sorry to interrput but we better get going…” Yun Ho suggested.
“Oh right. Appa, Ye Jin, take care of yourself alright, take care of Umma as well?” the jet-black haired guy reminded.
“Yes, I will. Take care too.” Ye Jin answered back, giving him a warm hug.

“Good-bye everyone, I’ll miss you all. I won’t be seeing you for the next three to four years of my life, so take care and never ever forget me.” Micky bade good-bye while bowing his head.

“Annyung.(Good-bye)” said Yun Ho bowing his head as well.

“Bye Yoo Chun! Don’t flirt with girls!!!” his mother repeated.

“Micky, you’re still a mama’s boy up to now?” Jae Joong questioned as they walked away.
“Aniyo. (No)” the ebony haired guy denied.
“Yeah right.” said the umber haired guy.

----
Author's Note:

Sorry I don't know much about Korean words. :)
This chapter is all about the three. Hope you enjoyed it!
Leave comments...