Chapter 2 - Need to Get Used to

Our Sweet Leah[Hiatus]

editor: hello stranger
author: phantom knight

----

Next morning…

“Ohayo! (Good
morning)” Miyaka greeted jumping on Leah.
“Miyaka, I told you to stop startling me like that. Sooner or later I might have a heart attack because of you and your uncontrollable enthusiasm.” Leah seriously stated.

But Miyaka just laughed, seeming to overlook what Leah said.

“Wow, Leah…. That’s a very cute bag you got there!!!!! What’s the brand?” her jolly friend asked changing the subject while slamming her hands on Leah’s table in her curiosity.

“Maybe it’s best not to tell you….” Their conversation was cut short when Jae Joong entered the room slamming the cream colored sliding door.

Everyone glanced at him but instead of looking back he ignored all of them.
As soon as Jae Joong took his seat, Leah, along side with Miyaka, both came up to him.

The foreign student tried to read his face, but it was too difficult to tap what he was feeling.

“Jae Joong…. Um….” She stated trying to find the right words to say, “Daijobu desuka (Are you ok)?”

The jet-black haired guy who appeared to be thinking deep was interrupted by her question. As he gawked up his face suddenly changed as he smiled, gazed at her processing what she asked for a moment then answered, “Hai…. Go shimpai naku. (Yes, don’t worry)”

Leah looked at him as he looked back at her. She wanted to talk to him but she just can’t form a decent sentence that might comfort him.

“Leah…” Miyaka called her attention by shaking her back and forth. The foreign student snapped back to reality and tried to gaze somewhere else.



An abrupt open of the door placed Leah’s wandering attention to who ever was entering.
“Hey, it’s Yun Ho…. Why is he here?” Miyaka uttered suddenly recognizing who it was and asked her question to herself.

“Jae…. I heard the horrible news!” Yun Ho said as he ambled towards his friend at the same time catching his breath. He looked like he ran all the way from his room to the classroom of 2-B.

Leah stepped backward to give room to Yun Ho. He sounded like he knew what was happening to Jaejoong.

“I’m ok, Yun Ho….” The jet-black haired guy answered with his head held low.

“You don’t look ok…” Yunho insisted.
“Who told you about it?” Jae Joong questioned.

Leah and Miyaka had no idea what they were talking about, but they seemed to understand each other even though their conversation wasn’t really detailed.

“Wait, Micky told you??” Jae Joong asked another question trying to answer the first one he raised himself.

“Sort of, he said he just overheard you when you were using the phone this morning. Why didn’t you tell me? We live at the same house.” Yun Ho answered asking another one at his friend.

“Yun Ho!!”
A voice exclaimed startling Yun Ho and the others.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at the classroom of 2-C?” The familiar voice was no one else but Mr. Shiroi.

“Sensei, I was just talking to my friend here…” He explained sounding like he can’t say anything else.

“I could accuse you of trespassing Yun Ho…” Mr. Shiroi said sternly, not caring what the umber haired guy’s explanation was.

“What would you like? Go back to your room or go straight to the Principal’s office? You also got lots of time to talk about that when it’s your break time! So it’s no excuse.” He continued not giving Yun Ho any consideration.

“Talk to you later…” He whispered as he went out the room and didn’t rebel against the teacher.

Everyone felt like being silent after the scene as classes started…


Lunch time…

Lunch break was awkward among Jae Joong, Leah and Miyaka…Leah was a little worried although she just met Jae Joong yesterday she assumed he was not acting the way he usually does.
Jae Joong spoke up breaking the ice, “Leah, remember we have an assembly after this. We can go together, so I could show you where the gymnasium is.”

Leah and Miyaka looked at each other, not knowing what to answer back for they felt comfortable not talking at all.



“Could we sit anywhere?” the foreign student asked regaining her curiosity to get the conversation going.

“No, it still has to be by section.” The jet-black haired guy answered smiling at her even though his reply was kind of disappointing.

“Oh…”
“So Jae Joong is it ok to ask you a personal question?” Miyaka breaking her silence spoke up.

“Um, sure I guess…” He replied not sure if he should have agreed.

“What was the news Yun Ho was talking about?” She asked directly to Jae Joong not knowing what the consequences were.

The jet-black haired guy was stunned, shocked…
For the first maybe in his life he wasn’t able to answer to a simple but unfathomable question.

“Miyaka??? Why did you ask him that? It seems too personal than what he expected…” Leah shocked as well by the bravery of her jolly, unpredictable friend.
“It’s ok Jae Joong don’t answer that….” She continued.

Yun Ho again appeared from nowhere joining the three of them.
“You alright?” The umber haired guy questioned turning his attention first to his friend.
“What do you mean am I alright? Of, course I am.” Jae Joong sarcastically uttered escaping from Yun Ho’s question-if only he could do it literally.

Yun Ho felt that Jae Joong wanted to be quiet on whatever was going on, so he stopped.

The umber haired guy looking bored just tapped his fingers on the table… making a tuneless sound more like it was random tapping.

“So, Leah is it? Where are you from?” Yun Ho raised an unexpected question to the foreign student.

“Um, I came from America, in New Jersey actually.” She answered with a bit shyness just answering him.

“Oh, are you somehow related to Junichi Koizumi? The actor?” He continued.
Jae Joong seemed to turn his head to Leah’s direction as well as Miyaka in interest.

Before Leah could answer she took a deep breath and then answered, “Yes, I’m related to him. He is actually my father….”

“What!?” Jae, Yun Ho and Miyaka were all surprised and didn’t know what they should feel knowing they actually know someone who has a famous actor for a father.

“Keep it down…. I wanted no one to know that. I just didn’t want to lie to you guys. Promise not to tell anyone?” The foreign student asked a big favor and it was only the second day of school.

“Ok, we won’t tell.” Yun Ho stated, answering for the two.


The Bell rang…

“We better go, Leah….” Jae Joong reminded.
“Leah, see you later.” Yun Ho again not expected said a temporary good-bye to the foreign student.

“Miyaka, come on….” Leah called her attention from afar.
“Oh, oh yeah right…. Coming!” Her friend exclaimed following them.


As all of the students were getting in the gymnasium the entire group of homeroom teacher’s greeted whoever enters, to know who were trying to cut classes….

Jae Joong, Miyaka, Leah and Yun Ho were the last to enter but a teacher stopped them, “Before you go in, do you know where Yoo Chun is?” the teacher, Kurihara-san -homeroom teacher of 2-C, seriously asked.

“Why, Kurihara sensei?” Yun Ho questioned her back.
“He’s not here, I never seen him enter, as well as Kaname. I bet you know where they are. You’re all friends with them right.” She answered, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes, observing any suspicious reactions.
“We have no idea where he or she is, actually we seen them since this morning, but I know they’re not absent.” Jae Joong said.

“Well, we can’t tolerate this, can we?”
There was silence from the four of them.
“All of you will find Yoo Chun and Kaname. Bring them back here as soon as possible.” Shiroi-san muttered tagging along with the conversation as the other teacher’s nodded in agreement.

“Demo(but)?” Miyaka complained.
“Do you want punishment instead Ms. Takazano?”

“No…” she replied her eyes looking down the floor.
“Then go!”

Everyone jumped and ran away from the horrifying teachers and went looking for the two of them.

Yun Ho went with Leah and Jae Joong went with Miyaka. They tried to search the whole school but thought it would take too much time. So they thought of places where the two might be hanging around…

“Yun Ho?” Leah called his attention not even looking at him.
“What?”
“What do you think they’re doing? I thought they were in a fight.” She asked.

“I don’t know maybe they’re not with each other. Who knows? Micky doesn’t talk much about his love life.” Yun Ho answered glancing at the foreign student.

As they were running around the umber haired guy was looking at Leah from time to time,
“Wait, why do I keep looking at her??” He thought stopping his newly attained habit.

………

After a few seconds the umber haired guy uncontrollably gazed at her.
“Why is my heart beating so fast??? Every time I look at her? She’s not even my type? Maybe I’m getting sick or something. Ah! Snap out of it, Yun Ho!!!” He whispered to himself shaking his head.
“Yun ho, Doua no(What’s wrong)?” The foreign student asked as she slowed down from running.

“Nothing….. Just something…I mean.” Yun Ho replied not getting what he said as he discontinued from running.
Leah was puzzled as well, finally stopped from running.

Yun Ho was embarrassed and didn’t look at her face while catching his breath.

Leah was going to repeat her question to Yun Ho, but a sound interrupted her: the sound of sticks falling on the ground. She observed her surroundings but didn’t see anyone.

Leah started walking, leaving Yun Ho who was still catching his breath. Yun Ho hadn’t noticed the sound.

She saw a nearby classroom and checked it out, thinking the sound might have come from there.
She took a deep breath and abruptly opened the door. She gasped in shock….

She saw Micky and Kaname kissing. Kaname was sitting on the teacher’s table while he held her tight. It was not long when the ebony haired guy noticed someone was watching them.
He stopped and turned his head on Leah’s direction Kaname followed.

Leah was speechless. All she could make were muttering noises.
Micky didn’t say anything and waited for her to speak.

“Um, Kurihara sensei is looking for you, I’m here to...” She gulped. “Remind you there’s an assembly this afternoon…” She stated, looking down on her shoes.

Yun Ho saw the foreign student’s unusual reaction and came up to her,
“Leah, doua?(What’s the matter)”

“Yun Ho…” Micky addressed him, helping Kaname down.

“Oh, what did you do now?” his friend asked while patting Leah’s shoulder gently.

Yoo Chun made a small gesture at the umber haired guy,
“Micky, do it somewhere private next time. I beg you, people like Leah here can really be shocked from your untamed actions.” Yun Ho lectured his friend.

“Yeah, yeah. Shut up, Yun Ho.” He said as he ran his hand through his hair.

“Kaname, you better go. I don’t want Kurihara screaming at you again.” He insisted

“Ok.” She agreed smiling at him as she walked out the room.

“Kaname, wait for me.” The umber haired guy stated turning his back from Yoo Chun.

The ebony haired guy on the other hand went to Leah and asked, “Are you new?”

“Um, uh, yes…” She answered with a shaking tone.

Yoo Chun smiled and placed his right arm around her shoulders and started walking behind Yun Ho and Kaname.

Leah flinched and looked down.

“About what you saw earlier, I apologize. It looks like your former school wasn’t really like ours. Here, things can get wild…” He apologized at the same time warning her.

“Hey, Yun Ho! If ever you’re going to ask, Kaname and I aren’t going to make up. I just did her a favor. It was sort of a last kiss.” The ebony haired guy exclaimed.

“Right, Kaname?”
“Yes, he just did me a favor Yun Ho.”

Yun ho looked back and gave his friend a harsh glare and said, “Hey, Micky. Get your hands off Leah.”

Despite the umber haired guy’s statement Yoo Chun ignored him and still rested his arm on the foreign student’s shoulders.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said get your hands off her!” He repeated now shouting at him.

“Why? I’m just trying to be friendly here? I’m comforting her.” The ebony haired guy clarified and smiled at him.

“JUST DO IT.” Yun Ho stated as he stopped and faced Yoo Chun.

“What’s your problem? Is she your girlfriend?”
“No...” the umber haired guy answered with a little disappointment in his tone.
“No? Well then you have no right telling me what to do.” Yoo Chun uttered with arrogance.

“Nande????? (What)” Yun Ho’s hands balled into a fist…

“Yamete!!!(Stop it)” Kaname interfered getting in between them.

“Could you two stop fighting?” She continued.
Both of them were silenced…

They proceeded to the gym in silence.
As they were sitting down they saw Jae Joong and Miyaka seated at the other side of the aisle, they all saw each other and slightly nodded saying hello. After hours at the gymnasium it was time to go home.

Along the hallway, the six of them formed a small circle and Jae Joong then spoke up,
“Yoo Chun, what are you trying to do getting all of us in trouble?”
“What are you talking about?” Yoo Chun replied while laughing.
“Why did you have to do, what ever you did a while ago, during class hours?” Jae Joong asked in a very serious tone.
“Why are you so serious, Jae? Look I had no time… besides it wasn’t really during class hours.” He countered.

“Even though we didn’t have class during that time, what you did is still considered to be cutting classes.” Yun Ho answered for Jae Joong.
“What’s the big deal anyway?” Yoo Chun sarcastically questioned.
“The ‘big deal’ is that you acted so immature. You should have known better and you had to drag us along with your stupidity.” The jet-black haired guy explained.

“Oh! So now you’re saying I’m immature!?” the ebony haired guy stated raising his voice.
“Maybe I am…” the jet-black haired guy somewhat agreed.
“Well who’s the one who can’t even handle his own love problems huh?! Denying it wouldn’t actually fix it, Jae…” The ebony haired guy answered back.

Jae Joong became silent…
“Micky! Stop it! That’s too much. You’re hurting him…” Yun Ho said, trying to stop the throwing of insults that could get worse.

“Don’t you think what he’s trying to tell me doesn’t hurt me at all, Yun Ho? He’s not the only person who has feelings here! He goes and tries to help everyone by lecturing them, but he can’t even help himself! How do you expect me to listen to you, huh Jae?! You’re just fooling yourself!” Micky callously shouted.

“Yoo Chun! That’s enough… Please could you guys stop fighting, your conversation is going nowhere.” Leah suddenly spoke up. Soon enough, all eyes were on her and she couldn’t continue.

“Umm, I think what Leah is trying to say is that, if you guys will just keep on shouting at each other and won’t listen to each other, then nothing will really happen…” Kaname continued for her.

“Uh…”
“Yun Ho? Where’s the key?” Yoo Chun asked trying to calm his self down.
“Key???”
"To our house?” the ebony haired guy clarified.
“Oh… Here…” the umber haired guy uttered tossing the key to Yoo Chun’s right hand.
“I’m going straight home…” Micky stated turning his back from everyone and then left.


“Kaname, I think you should follow Yoo Chun, he might get into trouble…” The umber haired guy suggested, having concern for his friend. Kaname left as well.

“Leah, are you ok?” He continued…
……………

“Leah, Leah! Yun Ho’s asking you if you’re ok. Leah!” Miyaka who was quiet the whole time finally spoke up calling her attention.

“Huhuh!!!? Uhh, ummm… Ahhh, I’m ok….”

“Good, uhh, Jae? You ok?”

“Uhh… Yeah…” Jae Joong replied, his head held low.

Yun Ho quickly hugged the jet-black haired guy.

“Yun Ho… Yun Ho! What are you doing!?” Jae Joong asked as he pushed his friend away from him.

“I am trying to comfort you, now, now come give me a hug…”

“AHHH!!! Yun Ho, stop it… Let go of me, you’re so embarrassing and you’re freaking me out! What are you trying to do?! Are you trying to harass me? I know you’re desperate in finding a girlfriend but please, Yun Ho. I’m a guy… Not a girl, we can never be!!!!” Jae again pushed him away and his expression all freaked out.

“I know you need a hug, come don’t be shy…..” Yun Ho kept on insisting.

Jae Joong formed his arms in to a cross while stepping away from him.

“Oh, now what are you doing Jae?”
Yun Ho asked.
“Get away you evil spirit! You’re not Yun Ho! Leave me alone!” The jet-black haired guy shouted.

“Ok, ok I’ll stop…” Yun Ho finally agreed.
“Thank you.”

“Uhhh, sorry about that….”The umber haired guy apologized to Leah and Miyaka.
“It’s ok…” they said in sync.

“You guys better get going.…” Jae Joong stated.
“Um, yeah... See you tomorrow…” Miyaka replied while taking Leah with her.
…..
“Well that was really dramatic…” Miyaka uttered while taking a deep breath...
“I hope Jae Joong wasn’t hurt….” Leah whispered softly, but was still heard by her friend.
“Hmmm, yeah… What Yoo Chun said to him was a bit too much…” She friend agreed.


Outside…

“See you tomorrow Leah!” Miyaka, shouted bidding farewell.
Leah waved back at her, and then smiled….

She was about to step her right foot forward when someone tapped her shoulder. She looked back and saw Jae Joong smiling at her and asked,
“Leah, what are you still doing here?”

“Uh, actually I was about to leave…” she replied.
“Oh, ok… Guess I was the one who stopped you…” Jae Joong stated, laughing to himself afterwards.

“Um, Jae Joong?” Leah called out.
“Hai?”
“Daijobu (Are you alright)?”
“Why? I mean of course I am…” Jae Joong replied looking somewhere else than Leah.
“You don’t look ok… Ahhh! What am I saying? Forget that I even said that.” Leah uttered making a fool of her self.

“Um... Leah, are you going home alone?”
“Yeah, I told my mom not to come here anymore… I’ll just walk home.” She answered.
“Hmmm, could I walk you home instead?” the jet-black haired guy suggested.

----

Author's Note:

Comment please...