Chapter 33

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

The old man left them first for he had an emergency meeting to attend to… but before leaving, he again encouraged Jiyong to speak off what he truly feels… remembering it… he was again went drown with his thoughts...

“Don’t let her feelings for you to slowly vanish before you collect enough courage to tell her how you feels… she’s a beautiful and kind woman Jiyong, a lot would do everything to gain her attention… and even though she’s your wife, it doesn’t mean that you entirely own her… give her heart enough reasons for her to still love you… that is… if you feel that way towards her…” 

He tightly held on to the railings of the unfinished villa… as he again closed his eyes and let himself to think deeply of what the old man mean with what he said…

‘If you feel that way towards her’

Just then his thoughts got cut when he opened his eyes and landed on the woman he’s been waiting for a while now… talking with someone on her way back… his head tilted a bit on the side… thinking, who’s she with…? And somewhat the man looked a bit familiar to him… but that quickly brushed away upon seeing his wife shook hands with that stranger… saw that warm smile again on her face as she waved back to the other man…

A sudden possessiveness took over him once again… completely forgetting his once confused state as he watched her slowly walking towards him… just like the old man said awhile ago… she did came back…

“Jiyong…”

How could it be such music to his ears upon hearing her say his name…? How could he miss seeing her face even though they were apart for just probably an hour…? And how could he be so possessive of her upon seeing her a while ago with someone, where in fact he doesn’t even own a piece of her..?

“Let’s go take a lunch…”

Just then… setting aside every matters inside his still confused mind… without a word, he reached again for her hand… perfectly fitted with his… he thought as a slight smile formed at the side of his lips… may he looked ridiculous… may he looked odd in front of her… he would take it as long as he could feed that selfish side in him… wanting to hold her every time… or even just for a while… 

“But where’s Mr. Jang…?”

She spoke upon their way towards his car… he looked a bit to his side, enough to slightly see her face… 

“He left already… he needed to attend an emergency meeting…”

He saw her nodded… and felt her tightened her hold on his hand… enough for his insides to rejoice… suppressing his selfish happiness… hiding it once again to his oblivious and confused wife…

Was it just her or did he really parked his car far…? She thought, as she could feel that they’ve been holding each others hands now for quite awhile… longer than when they arrived earlier… it’s not that she’s not liking it… for in fact she’s even wishing if they could just walk their way towards where they would have their lunch… she’s just worried about him… is it really okay for him to do this…? To hold the hand of the woman he hated the most…? But why is he doing this…? Has he gone mad already…? Or is he really having a change of heart after his apology last night…?

She couldn’t help but to be drown with a lot of thoughts… bugging her mind with worries of him… setting aside her selfishness… thinking he doesn’t need to do this for her to accept his apology… and thinking, he doesn’t need to endure holding her ‘filthy’ hand for him to let go of all the guilt in him… and just then… the once bliss she felt simply vanished as sadness took over her like a blink of an eye…

Finding herself in the comfort of his car… she sighed… kept her silence but kept herself aware of his moves… thinking that his every good deed was far from the product of what she think he feels for her… it will remain that she’s the only one who will forever have that unrequited feelings towards him…

“I know a place where they serve delicious sea foods…”

He glanced at her only to earn as shy nod from her… he could only let out a sigh before starting his car… he would check her through the side of his eyes… would gradually tilt his head to the side upon seeing the same sad expression on her face… thinking if he did something again to bring up that bitter feeling again in her… how could she be so open to even a mere stranger while he, her own husband would only receive nothing but silence and sad look from her…? 

His shoulder dropped in defeat… of course it’s because for her she’s still a monster… she probably could only feel fear whenever he’s there… 

He then cleared his throat… gaining his wife’s attention… she turned a bit to him, which he took the opportunity to speak…

“Earlier… who was the man you were with…?”

Without any tinge of coldness in his voice… he spoke in his most casual way…

Dara’s lips parted as her eyes widen a bit… she then completely turned to him… and felt a tad startled with his tone… he’s actually talking with her normally…

“J… just someone me and Soojin met when we went to the beach last time…”

She stuttered… she saw him nod… she waited for him to speak again…but upon receiving silence, she hesitantly turned her head back facing the window, only to turn it back again facing him as he suddenly speak…

“Next time… don’t easily talk to strangers…”

She was taken a back for awhile… could only look at his face before she enthusiastically nodded at him… the only thing she knows to do as of the moment…

She bit her lower lip as she looked down to her lap and played with her fingers… that was probably the most uncomfortable moment for her… she could feel her heart beating so fast and hard… an

Please log in to read the full chapter