Chapter 29

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’ll stay…”

Hearing those words from her brought a tingling sensation down my spine… I wanted to look up… see her face once again… but right now… what we have between us is enough to feed the emptiness inside me… I’ve done enough… I’ve said enough… I’m afraid I would lose myself more if this persists… 

I could hear her heartbeats… sounded like music to my ears… I closed my eyes… feeling her breathing against my body… never I felt this contented before… why am I feeling this way…? Am I on the right track…? 

‘Do you love her…?’

And again… Youngbae’s words rang inside my mind… bringing up another confusion in my already troubled mind… I can’t… that’s not it… I already have someone that I love… it’s only guilt that I am feeling for her and nothing more… I can’t… 

Just then I felt her arms wrapped along me tighter… enough for my heart to go crazy, beating wildly inside my chest… oh please… make it stop….

After a while of excruciating minutes… her hold finally loosened… I felt her breathing got even… and finally my heart went back to its normal pace… I carefully looked up and saw her already sleeping… my hands unconsciously went up to her face… hoping the weary look on her face would vanish… 

I rolled to my side… and stood up from the bed…

‘Don’t hold back’

I’m just doing a good deed that’s all… repaying for all the bad things I’ve done to her… hoping the guilt inside me would vanish… it really is breaking me apart…

--

He went back from their bathroom with a small basin and a towel in his hands… he sat at the edge of their bed and carefully lifted up her blanket…

He saw how bruised her feet were because of too much walking from earlier… another wave of pain struck his chest thinking it was all his fault… he dipped the towel in the warm water soaking it before he gently massaged her feet with it… 

He watched her slowly stirring in her sleep… but grateful that she’s a deep sleeper, he carefully continued with his job…he probably gave everything to Taeyeon before but never did he done this before… lowering himself just for another person… lowering himself to the person he once hated the most… 

The night was in its deepest but still he hasn’t finish with what he’s doing… easing her aching body with a lot of care… at least with a little deed from him would be enough for all the tears she had shed this day… 

--

She groaned in her sleep… rolled to her side when she hit her forehead with something warm and hard… her eyes flinched a bit… before it slowly fluttered open… there she saw a familiar chest right in front of her face… at first she was stilled… still processing her just awakened mind… after a while, her eyes widen a bit… it can’t be… she thought… 

Remembering the last night’s events made her cheeks flushed red… she shook her head before she looked up only to be welcomed by her husband’s sleeping face… 

‘Why is he still here…?’

She thought in disbelief… the first time catching him still sleeping beside her put her in great awe…

She carefully shifted herself to meet his face… she gasped and covered when she saw him stirred in his sleep… she was stiff while looking at him hoping she didn’t wake him up… but much to her horror his eyes slowly opened leaving her stiffer in her position both eyes wide open looking straight at him… 

She didn’t blink… both eyes were focused on the pair of orbs in front of her… just then, he blinked, once… twice… until his eyes slowly went close again… she heard a muffle snore from him, indicating he’s back in his sleep… she sighed in relief… but doesn’t took her wonder away on why he’s still here… 

She examined his face and saw the dark circles under his eyes… that added more to her curiosity… didn’t he sleep last night…? She thought… her forehead creased in worry… thinking how he cried last night… what he told her about how confused he is… probably he really didn’t

Please log in to read the full chapter