Chapter 34

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

His legs were crossed as he was sitting… one of his hands was on the table, fingers were tapping it while his other arm was resting on top of the backrest of his seat… face was turned to the side as if he’s watching the view outside from the window… but in fact, eyes were straining from keeping his gaze to his side … 

A slight smile curved on the side of his lips as he heard his wife hummed once again after she ate another spoon of her ice cream… he has been watching her for a while now… would gradually smile whenever he would see her eyes widen in delight… lips would curve into a smile after she would taste another spoon of her favorite vanilla ice cream… 

She looked like a kid… which made him remember about his wife’s niece… he looked down a bit… thinking how’s little Soojin’s doing right now… and remembering about his promise to her… he nearly let out a laugh… but one thing he’s sure that he’ll be able to do now… and that is to not cause Dara any more harm… at least… it’s close to taking care of her… 

He turned his gaze back to his wife… how could she be so innocent in every of her actions…? Just a while ago… she was as quiet as the wind… but now, she looked so lost once again just because of a simple dessert… amazing as to how simple little things could bring her great happiness… 

He didn’t realize, his head was already shifted… facing her now as he continuously watched her… 
 

 

She stiffened after what she heard…crumpling his smooth suit as her hands were still gripping tight on his back…she lifted her face… facing his broad chest… still shivering a bit from crying earlier… 

Mouth was half opened as she breathes… she couldn’t move a bit… too astonished of what she had heard from him… even thinking if she’s hearing things once again… was it still from the stress...? Or was it from her too much hope…?

“I can’t hurt you anymore…”

He said it again so clear that she felt reality hit her hard… it’s all true…his voice kept ringing inside his head, screaming that it’s really happening…

was half opened… she looked up and finally met his eyes… lips quivered and tears filled her eyes once again… 

The moment she’s been waiting for finally came true… all those sufferings… hopes… were now being rewarded… she never expected this day to happen… even setting herself to just hold on to those hopes… but now… it’s actually happening… it all came out directly from him… too overwhelmed to figure out how to react… she could only cry…

She buried her face back on his chest… bawling… while he caressed her back to make her calm… smiling to himself despite the tears she’s been pouring out… 

Because he knew by then that… he finally did something right…

 

She then looked up… while he immediately shifted his gaze back to the window but would steal glances on her at the side of his eyes… saw her pouting at him… with a bit of vanilla ice cream at the side of her lips… his brows curled… heart started to pound fast once again… why is she looking at him…? He thought


“Aren’t you going to eat…?”

She finally let out that sweet voice of hers… 

He turned to her wearing an innocent look on his face… pretending as if he didn’t hear her the first time she asked him…

“Their ice cream is really good… aren’t you going to eat…?”

She repeated… his gaze went to her lips and smiled…

“I’m not a fan of desserts or anything that is sweet… “

He said before he reached for a napkin and leaned a bit forward to wipe off the side of her lips acting as if it’s the most casual thing in the world… her eyes widen and cheeks quickly flushed red… she even almost dropped her spoon…

Jiyong noticed it but didn’t bother feeling odd about his… why so…? She’s his wife after all… he pulled his hand back and placed the napkin back on the table while she stayed stiffened on her seat for a while until she cleared out and looked down on her dessert.

“I mean… there’s no harm in trying… it’s really good… plus… it would nicer if I’m not the only one eating…”

Her voice trailed off when she said her last words… 

Jiyong sighed… which Dara heard making her to look up at him…

“But if you really don’t want it’s fine… I won’t force you…j…just forget it…”

She waved her hands in front of her as she stuttered in speaking… her round eyes dilated for being so pushy around him… how could she be so absurd…? She thought…

Jiyong’s brows rose in surprise a bit before he let out a slight smile… he called one of the waiters asking for another spoon… 

Dara watched him and her eyes widen once again when her husband reached for her dessert and scooped a spoon of it without another word… eyes set to him and continued watching him as scooped for another one…

“Why aren’t you eating…? Want me to finish all of this..?”

“Eh..?”

Jiyong pointed the bowl with his spoon… Dara contemplated a

Please log in to read the full chapter