Chapter 13

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Rays of light slipping from the slight opening of the curtains indicated the new morning… the once dark room slowly lightened its space… it was quiet inside… while humming of birds and the alive neighborhood could be heard outside.

She stirred from her sleep…groaning as a ray of sunlight touched her smooth face… her eyes twitched… as her hands found its way to her forehead…

She slowly opened her eyes to see the morning through the space between those curtains… she rubbed her eyes as she sighed… And just then she remembered something…

‘Was it all a dream…?’

She thought... still looking at the curtained windows… but as she shifted her body on the bed… a little pain below her abdomen made her realized that it really happened… 

She pulled her covers… looking under it only to find herself fully clothed… another wonder that hits her… did he fixed her clothes for her…? She thought… and just by that… unconsciously a little smile curved on her pink lips.

All the gentleness… the first softness she felt from him… overwhelmed her feelings… the once last strand of hope she has inside suddenly bloomed… 

‘Is he still here…?’

She thought once again… hoping that he would be at her side once she turned to his side… her smile grew wide… not really knowing where the happiness are coming from… and slowly, she rolled herself… turning to his side only to see an empty space beside her…

She sighed… lowered her vision… 

“What am I thinking… of course he wouldn’t be here…”

She mumbled… touching the disarrayed sheets beside her… she slowly sat up… groaning a bit from the little pain between her legs… hugging her knees to her chest still looking at her side… thinking what happened last night was all about…?

Another false happiness that she’s trying to feed herself… he would never be soft towards her… maybe that was all just for last night… trapping her into thinking that he is… so that he could get what he wants… 

And now… sadness once again enveloped her… he already got it… and maybe he’s now back to his lover’s arms… showering her the love that she’s somehow envied… 
The fact hitting her that she would always be only his wife… a mere thing for replacement and only to feed his desires… and she on the other side would never escape it… a payment for ruining his chance to be free.

Still oblivious as to what happened for the rest of last night… that it will maybe forever kept a secret from her that his gentleness wasn’t all a lie to lure her… that the man she’s thinking about is having a hard time trying to right his mind... his mind that is now filled with nothing but her.

She dragged her still tired body towards their bathroom… thankful that there will be no classes until tomorrow… their school is celebrating its anniversary… 

At least she could take her time curing herself both physically and emotionally… but a little disappointed for she won’t be able to see her two friends… 

Soothing her aching body by taking a hot bath… she closed her eyes… can’t help but to remember what happened last night… fragments of her memory of him… those actions… as much as she doesn’t want to…still feel a little thankful… even it was just all a lie… but still a little softness coming from him is enough to cure the lie behind it.

She stayed on the tub for a while until suddenly her eyes widen as she remembered something… no… someone… her face painted a mixture of horror and embarrassment as the deed last night replayed on her mind and as the man on the other room probably heard it all.

She gasped not knowing what to do if she sees him later… hoping that the walls were thick enough for her shameful moans not to be heard through them…

She quickly went out of the tub… drying off herself and wearing her clothes… her heart beat so fast out of nervousness… not really knowing why she should be… but cant help but to feel it.

Arriving at their dining hall… she didn’t see any of them… only maids who are busily preparing foods… she sighed… her husband’s really not home… but as if someone read her mind… a maid spoke to her telling that her husband is in his office… and wouldn’t be able to join them in breakfast.

Her face somehow lightened… he didn’t go off… he didn’t go to his lover’s house… he chose to stay… but can’t help but to wonder why is he working so early…? 

“Did he already have his breakfast…?”

She asked the maid… answering her back th

Please log in to read the full chapter