Chapter 10

Locked with You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Oppa…! I missed you so much…! I haven’t heard from you for a very long time… you didn’t even went to my wedding…”

Her voice trailed off a bit as she said those last words… Seunghyun released her from his hug and chuckled a bit as he saw her infamous pout… how he missed that cute expression of her… He then reached for her face and caressed it a bit… which earned a raising eyebrow from her totally ignored husband.

“Dara-ah… I’m really sorry… I was really busy at work and so… when I got the opportunity to escape… well I quickly went here… I’m sorry…”

He pinched her cheek and so the pout on her lips finally curved into a sweet smile… They continued their ‘moment’ totally oblivious to the man standing not from afar… clenching his fist because of the unexplainable feeling inside him…

And finally their sweet moment of reunion broke as they heard someone clearing his throat… Seunghyun and Dara turned to where the sound came from and saw a blank faced Jiyong slowly walking up to them.

“Mr. Choi… I think this is the first time we got to see each other personally… it’s so nice of you to bother visiting us apart from your busy schedule…”

Still with a raised brow he then half heartedly offered his hand for a handshake… Dara watched her husband and knew immediately that he does not like Seunghyun’s visit… but then Seunghyun who’s oblivious to the tension of the other man gratefully accepted his hand… he smiled towards the other man only to earn nothing but a cold expression from Jiyong.

“Just call me Seunghyun… well… I really wouldn’t mind ditching my meetings for Dara…”

He said as he turned to the girl beside him and gave her a playful wink…

“And since I have some business to do here in Korea… might as well visit my favorite sister-in-law…”

He continued… Jiyong isn’t really interested with what he’s talking about… Choi Seunghyun looked like a really warm and friendly person but then he can’t make himself to like him… if he’s just another man from their field of business maybe his impression to him would please him… but then seeing him hugging someone’s wife earlier… and more so ‘his’ wife… making him dislike him that instant.

Jiyong just nodded… turned to his wife and sighed a bit… Dara swallowed the lump on when their gazes meet… she bowed her head to be able to look away from him…

Jiyong then turned back to Seunghyun who’s still can’t notice the unwelcome atmosphere the former has been giving him…

“Then… might as well… spend the night here… it seems like you have many things to catch up with my wife…”

As much as he doesn’t want to offer him his hospitality… by the looks of his wife… it seems like she needed to catch some things with her brother-in-law that badly… looks like she really missed him so much… and not that Jiyong’s concerned about it… he just think it would be a sign of courtesy a human being should give to the other one.

His voice still with a hint of coldness in it but absolutely emphasizing the word ‘wife’ in it… cautious that Seunghyun must have forgotten that she’s not only his favorite sister-in-law but mostly she’s Kwon Jiyong’s wife.

Jiyong excused himself when Seunghyun accepted his invitation… telling him that he will inform the maids to fix the guest room for him... He looked at his wife one last time before exiting the scene… a part of him wants to stay glued on the ground… not wanting to leave her with another man’s company… but a great part of him dominated… telling him he doesn’t give a sh!t to whoever his so called wife flirt with.

As Jiyong finally got out of sight… Dara then heaved a deep sigh of relief… turned to Seunghyun and finally managed to bring back her smile.

“Where’s Soo Jin…?”

She really missed her niece since she’s the only one left that reminds her of her late sister… When Dara was still living in abroad… she more likely stood as Soo Jin’s second mother…

Bom… Dara’s sister died after giving birth to her child… even the doctors told her that it would be dangerous for her to conceive… and Seunghyun telling her that he doesn’t need anything but for her to stay at his side and be healthy… she still continued having the child thinking that an angel as precious as that baby should be given a chance to live… And in the end… she sacrificed her own life to give the little angel her life.

Dara and Seunghyun showered Soo Jin every love that she deserved… Dara never failed to give her the warmth that a mother gives to her own child… and she really considered her as her own especially when Seunghyun’s away… and it really breaks her when the time came that she needed to be apart from the child to marry someone.

“She’s at my parents’… they’ll be coming here tomorrow so maybe you could see her by then… I can’t bring her today since my parents wouldn’t allow me… they said that I might carry her like one of my suitcase… how silly could that be…! Of course I wouldn’t do that to my own child…!”

He ranted which earned a big laugh from Dara… he still hasn’t changed… always the joker one and always could bring a satisfying laugh from her… He watched her as she continued chuckling… how he missed her soothing voice… that he calms every part of him.

Dara really gave him a big hoist up especially when the time he got depressed from his wife’s death… every smile… every words of encouragement and her warm care brought back his life… and with that he admits that by each day that passed back then… the once feeling of brotherly towards her changed… that he regretted failing to pay more time with her and his child…

How sorry he felt for loving his wife's sister... he even visited Bom's grave cried everything, asking for forgiveness and to tell her how he feels for Dara... but then he was too late to confess... too late that now she’s already tied with someone… every feeling towards her were kept locked inside him… and decided to himself that he should just shower those feeling towards his little angel.

“Oh… oppa… you’re still the same…”

She wiped the forming tears at the side of her eyes after the long laugh

Please log in to read the full chapter