Chapter 7

The Other Moment We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11 Years Ago

 

For entire day Jonghyun was too busy with his study even he had an urge to meet Yonghwa. They were studying in different department that made it more difficult for meeting him. He was in law department while Yonghwa was architecture student.

 

He quickly headed to practice room in the other side building of their college once he finished his last class today. As he arrived at the said room, he felt relieved because the person he was urging to meet was inside.

 

Yonghwa was sitting alone in the corner of the practice room, strumming his guitar. Once he made contact with guitar, he was in different world, even not realizing Jonghyun was walking towards him.

 

“Hyung!” Jonghyun called him first and the man he was calling hadn’t noticed his presence.

 

“Yonghwa Hyung!” Jonghyun called for the second time. Yonghwa then realized that he was being called by his band-mate.

 

“Oh! Jonghyun-ah. When did you arrive?” asked Yonghwa only looked at Jonghyun for a second then paid attention again to his guitar.

 

“I’m just arrived, hyung,” answered Jonghyun while he also took seat beside Yonghwa. He was thinking about how he should say first to lead him for that topic. So he asked another question instead.

 

“Hyung, are you not attending class now?”

 

“No. My class already finished and I also already took the exam earlier, it’s only project left for final,” Yonghwa answered him lightly.

 

“Have you finished it?” Jonghyun asked another question again.

 

“Yes, only some parts that should be fixing then it’ll be all done. And how about you? Don’t you have to study for final exam?” asked Yonghwa when he was finally looking at Jonghyun.

 

“Oh, yes! I have to study. But I just finished my last class today, so I decide to go here first before going home. . .” Jonghyun explained, “ . . . to meet you, Hyung.”

 

“Huh? Meet me? Is there anything to do with me? I already told, right, that we will only have our performance after final exam this semester finished.”

 

They were team-up as the representative band in their college. And Yonghwa as the band leader was the one who would maintain their performance schedule. Because their band team members were from different department.

 

 Jonghyun responded agreely to what Yonghwa said, “Yes, hyung. You already told me about that. But I have something else to ask.”

 

“What is that?” asked Yonghwa as he started to strum his guitar again.

 

“Why didn’t you show up yesterday?” Jonghyun gave another question too. Yonghwa only frowned as he did not get it.

 

Then Yonghwa gave other question, “Show up to where? Did I miss something related our band?”

 

“No, hyung. It’s something that not related to our band,” said Jonghyun hesitantly for saying the next thing, “Why didn’t you show up at the café? She waited for you, hyung.”

 

Yonghwa finally got Jonghyun question as he strummed his guitar louder for extending time answering that question.

 

“I didn’t show up because I didn’t want to,” Yonghwa exclaimed easily.

 

“Why, hyung? At least appreciate her effort, her braveness, to confess to you,” Jonghyun was slightly mad for his hyung answer.

 

“For what? For seeing her crying because I didn’t accept her confession?” answered Yonghwa sarcastically. Then he continued.

 

“Jonghyun, you know that I don’t like that kind of girl, only wasted their time for catching us every time. I bet she only wants to get that so called-fame in college for dating me. I am tired for girls like that. And I hate to be what so-called most-hunted boy in college because I am the member of representative college band. I am doing music because I like to do it.”

 

“But, hyung, she is different. I have already met her before,” Jonghyun tried to explain.

 

“What’s so different if she finally confessed, huh? It always happened like that, you also know it. You have also been tired for things like that, right?” Yonghwa was asking difficult question for him.

 

“Yes, hyung. I don’t like those things too. But I can assure you that she is different, not like any kind of girl that you don’t like.”

 

“I don’t see any differences. And you have to know, I don’t like girl that confess first. It just makes them looked coquettish in my eyes. If I like a girl, I am the one who will pursue her instead.”

 

After exclaiming that, Yonghwa stood up and started to walk leaving the practice room with his guitar. Before Yonghwa could get far from him, Jonghyun said his last words.

 

 “Joohyun. Her name is Seo-Joohyun, hyung. She is in art department, the first year student.”

 

Yonghwa stood still for a moment after hearing Jonghyun before he turned his back again for seeing his dearest brother also team member.

 

“If you find her different than any other girls, why is it not you the one who pursuing her then?” Yonghwa said sarcastically again.

 

Just then he continued walking towards the door and left Jonghyun alone inside the room with mouth hanging opened widely.

 

 

 

 

From : Kim-Byeonhosa

(Message Received on Friday at 03.15 PM)

Jonghyun-ah. I had already got every information you asking

My secretary just sent the copy for you

Hope that all informations are enough

And good luck,

 

Jonghyun was just coming back to his office after meeting with a client when he received the message. He immediately came to his facsimile engine checking any facsimile that was sent by Lawyer-Kim among many facsimile that was sent to him for today.

 

He scanned some paper first before he found the paper he was looking for. He left another paper and only brought some to his desk. After he already sat on his room sofa, he slowly read all information that was typed in the paper.

 

As he read more, he was just taken aback. Honestly, he did not understand any information he read. Not because he did not have capability in intelligence. It was because he was clueless, and could not believe everything that he got. But somehow he also felt slightly relieved.

 

After he skimmed all information, he was sending his friend replying message to say he was thankful for his work.

 

 

To : Kim-Byeonhosa

(Message Received on Friday at 03.47 PM)

Hyung, I already got the copy and even read it

Gomawoyo, hyung. . .

Let’s meet up on any other night later

I’ll treat you something nice,

Once again, neomu gomawoyo, hyung

 

 

 

 

Yonghwa could felt someone crawling on his bed. After working over time last night, he hardly open his eyes to see who disrupt his deep slumber.

 

‘Who else, it must be Heejun,’ Yonghwa thought after he could feel small body slowly crawling above his body.

 

“Daddy! Wake up,” Heejun whispered right beside Yonghwa ear. But Yonghwa pretended still sleeping and did not hear Heejun voice.

 

Impatiently Heejun shook Yonghwa body to inform his presence so that his Daddy could wake up quickly. Yonghwa finally gave in his act and hardly opened his eyes to see Heejun face right in front of his.

 

“Good morning, Daddy’s son. Waeyo?” said Yonghwa while caressing Heejun pretty checks.

 

Honestly, it was his favorite from his son. Heejun reddish checks in the morning always made him pinching it unconsciously until making him crying. And Heejun grandmother, his mom, would nag to him endlessly after it happened. But he tried to resist it as much as possible when they were alone, like now. It was really hard to handle Heejun once he was crying moreover crying because of in pain.

 

“Good morning, daddy. Come on, let’s wake up now. We can’t be late,” Heejun told as he was touching Yonghwa face. Yonghwa could not understand what his son saying. As he remembered it was Saturday and Heejun did not come to school on that day.

 

“Late? Are we going somewhere? You don’t go school today.”

 

“Daddy, I had told you last night!” Heejun face was getting sulky since Yonghwa forgot.

 

Yonghwa reminisced what was happened last night. He did remember Heejun was coming to his home office room and said something. But he did not hear something particularly that Heejun said since he was engrossed with his work for the latest project.

 

“Mianhae, but daddy forget what Heejun said last night.” Yonghwa then only got Heejun hit by his chest.

 

“Daddy is bad. You always forget everything. I will tell my grandma now because I live with forgetful daddy here,” soon after saying that Heejun was ready to get up from the bed. Yonghwa pulled him back to bed immediately.

 

“No..no...no… You can’t tell grandma,” said Yonghwa in panic. He already promised his mother to take care Heejun once he planned to work in Korea. It was taking him about few months to convince his mother about that.

 

“So now Heejun should tell daddy where we should go after we are getting ready. Please?” Yonghwa pleaded to him. After few moment, Heejun finally told Yonghwa what he said last night again.

 

“Today we are going to the zoo. Because teacher said that we will learn about animal today.”

 

“Zoo? Teacher?” Yonghwa was more confused.

 

“Teacher said we should go to school then we go together to the zoo at 9.” Yonghwa tried to figure out his words and he also made sure about it.

 

“So, do you mean we should go to school, and we go to the zoo together with teacher like school trip?” Yonghwa asked slowly so that Heejun could understand.

 

“Yes, daddy.”

 

“And we will go at 9?” asked him again and got the answer by Heejun nodded.

 

“Okay. Let’s checking what time is it now.” Yonghwa looked to clock that was placed on nightstands beside his bed.

 

“And now is . . . 08.15? Mwo?!?” Yonghwa was shocked to see number that was written in the digital clock. He immediately got up from bed and rushed himself to bathroom while carrying Heejun who was also still in his pajamas. Having shower together in one time would be more sufficient in Yonghwa thought at that time.

 

After having quick shower together with Heejun, he rushed himself again carrying Heejun to Heejun’s room. He got every possible cloth that was folded above, and dressed Heejun with it when he was still in his bathrobe.

 

Heejun already dressed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter