Chapter 6

The Other Moment We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mp-tNph2d4

 

 

Seohyun parked her car in front of café & bakery store around business district not far from her parent house. She remembered her mom asking for buying some kind of pastry in that store, not in other café & bakery. She knew her mom intention, but she pretended that she had no idea about that.

 

After unbuckling Jinyoung’s seatbelt, they then went inside the café & bakery store. She welcomed by someone that Jinyoung actually already closed with.

 

“Oso Oseyo!” greeted a man who was behind the counter.

 

“Kyuhyun samchoon!” Jinyoung shouted and released her hand from Seohyun’s holding. He ran from the front door to the counter where Kyuhyun was standing.

 

Kyuhyun bended his body a little to the counter and gave hand for a high-five with Jinyoung. Jinyoung accepted his high-five happily. After caressing Jinyoung’s hair, he looked at woman who walked slowly behind Jinyoung to his direction.

 

“Annyeong, Seohyun-ah!” He greeted her with his wide smile as always.

 

 “Annyeonghaseyo, oppa. How are you?” asked Seohyun, trying to be friendly.

 

“I’m fine. How about you and this cute Jinyoung?” he asked while also caressing Jinyoung’s hair again.

 

“Samchoon, I’ve already told you many times that do not call me ‘cute Jinyoung’. But call me ‘handsome Jinyoung’. I’m handsome, samchoon. Cute is only for girl,” Jinyoung lectured how Kyuhyun should call him.

 

“So I should call ‘handsome Jinyoung’? Not ‘cute Jinyoung’?” Kyuhyun bent down his body closer to Jinyoung. He asked pretending to make sure.

 

“Yes!” Jinyoung answered with nodding like he was definitely sure about that.

 

“Okay. How are ‘handsome Jinyoung’ and his omma doing?”

 

“We are doing okay, oppa,” Seohyun anwered Kyuhyun question first before Jinyoung smiling. She could not understand her son antique mind.

 

“Samchoon, we are here to buy some pies that my halmoni likes. Halmoni said your pie is the most delicious pie in town,” Jiyoung told Kyuhyun his and Seohyun reason for coming.

 

“Really? Your halmoni said that?” Kyuhyun asked and got the ‘yes’ answer by Jinyoung’s nodding.

 

“So I want to give my halmoni that pie.”

 

“How many pies do you want to give?”

 

“Two!” Jinyoung showed his two or three fingers, because the last finger did not bend completely, implying for two pies.

 

“Please give us half of dozen for pies that omma usually buys, oppa” Seohyun fixed Jinyoung for the correct amount pie they should buy.

 

“Okay! Right away!”

 

Kyuhyun then went inside his bakery store to take new fresh-from-the-oven pies for Seohyun. He wanted to give her still best quality pastry, not to disappoint her mother too. He quickly wrapped the pies box nicely by himself. He did not let his employees to do it when Seohyun was the costumer.

 

“Here is,” Kyuhyun took the box of pies above the counter table.

 

“How much is it?” asked Seohyun while taking her purse out from her shoulder bag.

 

“Just take it, Seohyun-ah,” told Kyuhyun as he pushed the box towards her.

 

“No, oppa. How other costumer and your employee would react to this? I want to pay,” She was insisting.

 

“Okay. But, wait a moment!” Kyuhyun then moved to the other cake counter. He took one of the oreo cakes and wrapped them. After that he put the cake along with pie box.

 

 “I let you to pay for the pie but you should take this with you. It’s for Jinyoung.”

 

Before Seohyun could reject the giving, Kyuhyun already talked to Jinyoung. “Jinyoung. . . Today samchoon give you free cake. Do you like orea cake, don’t you?”

 

“Yes! Yes! I like it so much. Gomabsumnida, samchoon~,” Jinyoung was really happy as he jumped around.

 

Seohyun could not do anything since her son already happy with the giving cake. She only took her money out for paying the pie.

 

“I take the money. Please wait.” Kyuhyun busied himself by clicking the cashier machine as he calculated the price. “Here is the change. Thank you for coming.”

 

Seohyun only gave Kyuhyun smile as she took the change. She quickly took everything from counter table. But Jinyoung insisted to bring it and Seohyun could not say anything to him. After Jinyoung took everything, he walked first to front door.

 

“Thank you, oppa,” said Seohyun. When she was about to leave the counter, Kyuhyun quickly gripped her right-hand wrist. Without looking at him, Seohyun tried to free her wrist as she did not like his dare action.

 

Kyuhyun released his gripped from Seohyun wrist as soon as he looked how uncomfortable she was. Then she asked about his action, “Is there anything again, oppa?”.

 

Kyuhyun was hesitant to tell her, “Hmm. . .”  Seohyun still waited for him to speak, bit unpatient. Finally he spoke bravely telling her about his intention.

 

“How about we are going out next time?”.

 

Seohyun answered it fast unhesitatingly, “Sorry, I can’t, oppa.” But Kyuhyun did not give in quickly.

 

“We can also go together with Jinyoung, not just two of us,” Kyuhyun hoped his offer could do with Seohyun.

 

“Sorry, oppa. But I still can’t. I am busy with my working these days.”

 

When Kyuhyun was about to talk again, they were distrubed by Jinyoung’s calling.

 

“Omma! Come on,” Jinyoung called as he was already in front of the door. Seohyun used that chance to free herself from Kyuhyun as she walked fast towards Jinyoung. Kyuhyun could only sigh for that woman action.

 

Seohyun still thought about Kyuhyun asking as she drove heading to her mom house. She could not believe that man bravely trying to get close, and for more to her son.

 

She knew that it started from her mom. Her mom liked to buy kind of pastries and one of her favorite was from his bakery. When her mom knew he was still single, she tried to mix and match her with him since couple months ago. At first, he would be helped by her mother to call or ask her out. But today, it was the first time that he asked her by himself.

 

She and Jinyoung had arrived in front of her parent’s door and waited for it to be opened. When the door was opened, Jinyoung quickly hugged his grandmother and gave her box of the pies.

 

“Halmoni, today Kyuhyun samchoon also gives me free oreo cake. Look at this box. Yummy, isn’t it?” Jinyoung bragged about Kyuhyun’s giving cake as he took seat in dining room.

 

“Wow! It looks yummy. Can I get some too?” asked her mother to Jinyoung.

 

“Yes! Let’s we eat together now!” said Jinyoung excitedly.

 

“Jinyoung! Have your lunch first before eating that cake, okay?” suddenly Seohyun warned him to eat the cake first.

 

“But, omma . . .”

 

“No but! Have lunch first!” Seohyun insisted and Jinyoung was only getting sullen after that.

 

Seohyun quickly went to the kitchen in her parent house preparing Jinyoung’s lunch. Her mom always did the cooking for her boy lunch, and all she could do was preparing it. She could not burden her mom more.

 

As she prepared the lunch, her mom suddenly stood beside her. “Joohyun-ah, is there something happened when you meet with Kyuhyun?”

 

She then knew her mom who did that. “No. Why, omma?”.

 

“Doesn’t he ask you out or something?” Her mom dug her more. Then she faced her mom.

 

“Omma, I know that it was your doing. Yes, he asks me out. But I am refusing it,” she explained to her calmly.

 

Her mom was shocked to hear her explanation, “What? But why, Joohyun-ah?”

 

“Mom, I don’t have enough time for something like that. Works and taking care of Jinyoung already take all my times,” she tried to make her mom understand.

 

“Joohyun-ah, how long you will be like this?” Her mom was worry with her cool acts towards Kyuhyun and other men.

 

“It is just not the right time, omma. Please don’t burden me with something like that.”

 

“If I know it will be turned out like this, I would not let you having Jinyoung.”

 

“Ssttt. . . Omma! Don’t ever talk like that. Jinyoung is here, he could overhear us,” Seohyun warned her mother for bringing that topic.

 

After that Seohyun escaped herself before her mom asked another question. She walked to dining table where Jinyoung already waited for his lunch. She prepared the table and took away his cake, saving it to eat after lunch.

 

“Omma, I have to go after this since I still have works left in the office,” she talked to her mom as her mom came out from kitchen. “I will pick Jinyoung up after I finish with those works around 5.”

 

“It’s okay, dear. I will watch him when you are working,” her mom assured her.

 

“Okay, I will leave now. Jinyoung, be a good boy. Do not make h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter