Chapter 3

The Other Moment We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Omma...do you have any problem?” Jinyoung asked Seohyun who was driving beside him.

“Huh? Aniyo. Why?” Seohyun looked at Jinyoung for a second before paid attention to the road in front of again.

“Because omma’s face is changed. It is like when you and Hyeoyeon ahjumma have many works to do.” Seohyun knew her son was sensitive. He could feel when there was any change or problem around him.

“Oh! Yes. Omma is just having many works, so my face will be like this.” She gave him a smile to show everything was about like she said.

“Mianhae, omma. I am interfering omma with the works. I promise I will not be bad again.” Jinyoung felt bad about today.

“No, Jinyoung didn’t bother omma. Jinyoung is a good boy. But it will be better if Jinyoung doesn’t fight with friends again.”

“Ne. I will be good to my friends. But what if my friend is the one who want to fight first, can I fight with them?” Jinyoung asked with his cute confused face. Actually Jinyoung’s question made Seohyun confused to answer. She gave her best to answer it.

“Jinyoung should tell to the friend that Jinyoung doesn’t want to fight. It’s better to fix the problem with talking, not fighting.”

“I did like omma said today. But Heejun then pushed me because he was angry. Can’t I push him like he did?”.

“No. Jinyoung will not be good boy if you do the same. Or do you want to be a bad boy?” Seohyun talked to Jinyoung while stepped on the brake’s car slowly because of the red traffic light.

“No, I don’t want to be bad boy. Because I don’t want make omma upset with me. Saranghae, omma,” Jinyoung told while gave Seohyun his wide smile.

“Omma loves Jinyoung too,” She said while rubbed his head. Seohyun felt really greatful having kids like Jinyoung.

“Omma, can I ask something?”.

“Ne, of course. It’s not like usual Jinyoung ask first before asking. Waegurae?” asked Seohyun while paid attention to the road in front of, carefully driving. The traffic was quite crowded at that time.

“Does omma know Heejun’s appa?”. The moment Jinyoung asking made Seohyun kind of shocked. It was fortunate that she did not step the brake suddenly. She tried to drive the car slowly.

“Yes. Omma knows Heejun’s appa.” She told.

“How?” Jinyoung still asked.

“We ever met many years ago.”

“Before Jinyoung was born?”

“Ne.”

“Is he omma’s friend?”. Seohyun kept silent for quite long time before answered that question.

“Umm...yes,” She answered uncertainly. Before Jinyoung could ask about Yonghwa again, Seohyun tried to change the topic.

“Oh right! Does Jinyoung want to eat ice cream?”.

“Ne..ne..ne!!! I want ice cream. Yeey!”. The question made Jinyoung feeling excited and forgot about ‘Heejun’s appa’.

“Okay. I will buy you ice cream. But Jinyoung should behave good because omma will take Jinyoung to the office.”

“So we are not going home now, omma?” He asked in his tired face.

“Yes. Sorry.  I know Jinyoung is tired. But omma still have many things to do. Jinyoung could take a rest in omma’s room. Okay?” Seohyun tried to convince him.

“No. Jinyoung just want ice cream.” Jinyoung made his upset face.

“Okay, we will buy ice cream right away we arrive at the office. Don’t be upset like that.”

They arrived minutes later at the office. And as she promised, Seohyun took Jinyoung to office cafetaria first before heading to her office building floor.

 

 

“She’s already left me and Heejun for this three years,” He told, could not not hide his sad face. Seohyun frowned her forehead. She just did not want to get her interpretation true about that. But then Yonghwa continued his story.

“Yes, she’s no longer with us again. She passed away when she was labouring our second child.”

“What happen to unnie?” Seohyun could not hide her sad voice. She was shocked to hear the news.

“There was something with her pregnancy since the first time. The doctor already told that it was dangerous to keep the baby. But she still insisted it. And she could not be helped at that time, neither was our second child,” He looked to the other direction, avoiding to see her reaction, Seohyun.

“Sorry to hear that, oppa,” She told to him with her sincere heart.

“It’s okay. We already used to it anyway.”

“So is it only oppa and Heejun who stay in Korea?” She asked him.

“Yes, it is only two of us,” He finally looked at her face while talking.

“How about abeonim and eomonim?” She realized it was wrong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter