Vanilla-ish scent

Just A Baby

"To many homework! Too many!!!" Tao whinned in frustration. He closed his book and he put his head on his books.

"Tao wake up. We still have some left that's due tomorrow. Let's finish that and we'll go eat lunch. Then you can sleep and continue it later."

"Shirooo!!!!!!" he mid-shouted in the same position, still.

Chunji hyung came in. He looked as happy and bright as usual. I greeted him and he smiled. It was a little bit awkward for me because I saw something I shouldnt last weekend when I came back from sleeping in the bushes.

He was wide awake in his bed but he was hugging someone else...who was fast asleep. It was Ljoe hyung. He saw me coming in and he gestured me to be quiet. I moved around silently to get a hot bath so I didnt catch a cold but just before I got into the bathroom, I glanced back at him and I saw him landing a peck on Ljoe hyung's cheeks. Ljoe hyung started to wake up but he pretended to sleep. I was kinda embarassed so I went into the bathroom.

When I got out, I saw Ljoe hyung facing Chunji hyung, staring at him 'sleeping'. He was smiling from ear to ear. I suddenly had that tingling feeling in my stomch so I tried my best not to look at them but I found myself peeking every now and then. Ljoe hyung brushed the little hairs on Chunji hyung's face and Chunji hyung couldnt contain it anymore. I saw him get up and kissed Ljoe hyung on the cheeks again.

Clearly Ljoe hyung was embarassed, so he covered his face with a pillow. And me...? I found myself blushing. I turned to my locker to brush my hair and I saw our class picture by my mirror. I looked at my face and I remembered what Luhan said last week about my face looking ignorant and arrogant. Its true. But I just laughed at the fact. I'm weird.

Speaking of Luhan...he only came to class on Monday and Tuesday but he was absent the rest of the week. I wonder what happened.

"Sehun-ah, can you go to room 4-3-4? And put these notes on the bedside table beside the windows? I have my vocal class so I dont think I can make it. Can you help me?" Baekhyun said to me while I was on the way to the cafeteria.

"Yeah sure. It's on my way so okay. But whose room is that? I thought your room was 4-2-2?" 

"Oh it's Luhan's and the new transfer kid, Yixing. The seniors are on semester break so it wont be hard to find his place. And I think he's still sleeping. Wake him up and remind him to eat his meds, okay? Thanks, I gotta go. I'm really late!!!" he ran off.

"He's sick?" I talked to myself.

I didnt bother knocking. Like Baek said, it wasnt hard to find his place because his stuff was just in the spot near the window as the transfer kid's stuff was still in his bags and he was no where to be found. 

I put the notes on his study table and went to his bed to wake him up. I sat by his bedside and he didnt even flinch.

"Luhan-ahhh, wake up. It's lunch time. You gotta eat your meds."

He moved a bit but just to cover his neck with his blanket. I pulled it away from him slowly and felt his forehead and I was shocked. It was still hot. Not even close to warm. I peeked inside his blanket. No wonder! He was only wearing a jersey and some shorts.

I went to his locker and took a jacket and some socks, put it on him and went to get a wet towel. It really wasnt that hard because he was small so I could move him around without any difficulties. He didnt even resist. Maybe his body was too tired. 

I wiped his face and he whinned. I wiped his neck and he whinned some more, pushing my hand away with his chin. I tried to wipe his arms but then he woke up, slowly opening his eyes.

"Se...hun? Wh- what're you doing...here? What time is - ughhh its so colddd..." he pulled his blanket.

"Wait, eat something. Take your meds, you're still having a fever." I said, trying to pry him out.

"He already ate. But I dont know bout his meds tho." 

I turned around to the owner of the voice. His face wasnt familiar so I'm guessing he was the transfer student. He came out of the bathroom only wrapped in a bathrobe. He smiled at me as he turned up the heater. 

I stared at him, waiting for him to introduce himself. But suddenly Luhan's hand grabbed onto my arm which held the wet towel.

"...my meds. Where...?" he mumbled under the blankets.

"Oh. Here. Can you get up?" I asked, helping him get up as he got out of his coccoon.

He ate his meds and just stared at me. His eyes were half open but I know he was looking at me.

"...who sent you...? Umin? Chen...?"

"Baek. Here are the notes he gave you. Is that all our homework?" I pointed to the notes.

"No. It's my vocal notes. I cant go to the extra classes so he took -*cough*- some for me...anything else? ...you can -*sneeze*- leave now, thanks" he mumbled through his sickness.

"I'm not done yet. I still have to wash you up so your temperature goes down", 

"No...dont..! It's...it's cold..." he mumbled again trying to lie back down.

"By this rate if I dont do it, you're gonna have to go to the hospital", I threaten him.

He huffed and his snot came out a bit. I laughed and gave him a tissue. He blowed on it and threw it in the dustbin. He put out his arms for me to wipe and I just smiled. 'This boy is adorable', I found myself thinking.

He lied back down as soon as I finished his arms. Suddenly he pulled on his shirt, revealing his chest. I kinda got embarassed because I've never done this in my life but I did it anyway. I wiped his chest and he kept whinning like a little baby. I told him to turn around and he obeyed. I wiped him all over and I heard him snored lightly.

I tucked him in again and started to leave.

"You're such a nice friend of Luhan's. All of the others just came in to visit and leave notes but you even washed him and fed him his meds. Thanks. I didnt have the time. I was busy managing my transfer documents."

"Yeah it's fine. I'm not really a friend. Just a classmate. We're not in the same clicque. I'm Sehun, by the way. Oh Sehun."

"Yixing. I'm a Chinese, like Luhan, but he's not a transfer student. I'm in class B1-1" he extended his hand out.

"Hi Yixing, nice to meet you." I shaked his hand.

"Call me Lay. Luhan gave me the name"

---

It was already dark out when I came back to my room after my short run. I guess the dinner I had was longer than I had expected. I thought of coming back early to rest because I need to finish some of the leftover homework that's due tomorrow but Tao ruined my plan. As usual.

He asked me to eat with him but I waited for him by the game room and he didnt come. Only half an hour later he called me saying he forgot that he asked me to eat with him. He was out having dinner with that Kris guy again. And he said that Kris guy was a bit peculiar. That traitor.

I came to my room and quickly took a shower and started my mission to finish my homework by midnight.

And I did. Never knew I could live to do homework for that long. The room was empty and I found myself going to Chunji hyung's locker. There was a bright yellow stick-it-note plastered to it with my name written really big on the top. He said he'll be sleeping in Ljoe's room tonight and he added a kissing smiley face beside it. I tried to shake the image of him doing whatever from my head.

Taemin hyung was out camping with his clubmates and Minhyuk was on leave for some family matter. So I was all alone. Not that I cared. I like being alone. So I turned of the lights, pulled my window shades away a bit to let in the street lights and went to my bed.

I snuggled in and was about to fall asleep when I heard a noise.

I dont believe in ghosts but this was an exception. No one was in the room beside myself, so...

"..mmmmm..." it was a mumbling sound. 

I followed the voice and discovered it was coming from Chunji hyung's bed. Something was wriggling inside the blanket. I was scared to know what was under it but I cant go to sleep with the noise still haunting me. So I took a deep breath and pulled on the blankets!

I waited. My eyes were closed but I knew the voice of mumbling silenced. I slowly opened my eyes and found a small body of a boy, curled up.

"...cold..it's too cold..." he mumbled, trying to find the blanket again.

I the night light by Chunji hyung's bedside table and I saw him.

It was Luhan. In the same outfit I tucked him in this afternoon. He was shivering so I went to turn up the heater.

I picked up my blanket and laid it over him who was already wrapped in Chunji hyung's blanket. Chunji hyung's blanket. Hmmm. So I decided to lift him up to my bed. He was really light. But I noticed that he was sweating. His clothes are wet with sweat.

It was a stupid idea, but I went to get some of my clothes. I changed him into them. I closed my eyes and worked my way blindly. He squirmed as my cold hands kept touching his still-warm body. He whinned again and again. When I was finished, I opened my eyes and it was pretty good. Though the pants were too big for him, his toes disappeared. The shirt was big, too.

I tucked him in once again and got up to go to sleep in Minhyuk's bed but he caught my hand.

"Stay...it's cold." he said.

So I did. I really didnt want to because 1, I dont wanna catch his cold and 2, his face was awfully close to mine.

"...sorry I came here...and, made fuss again...our heater broke and the room was c-cold..." he said, still shivering. I pulled the blankets higher to his neck and to my shoulders.

It was already cold for me who's healthy so it must be freezing for him.

"But our rooms are so far away from each other's. You could have gone to Baek and Chen's room by quarter 2."

It really was far. Mine is in quarter 6. Room 4-6-2. His was 4-3-4 which was nearer to quarter 2. I couldnt imagine how he walked so far to the end to my room with his weak, sick body. Wow.

"...it's your fault I caught this cold, remember? We slept in the c-cold...in the b-bush...?" he shivered.

"But I didnt catch any cold. And it was not my fault...I think." I said, pulling him closer to me, to warm him.

"...whatev-ver. I could only think of-f you because you were the last p-person to come to my room t-today. L-lay went somewhere to g-get his other stuffs and that's when the heater b-broke..." he tried his best to explain.

"Okay okay whatever the reason, I dont mind. Just shut up and sleep. You cant even talk without stuttering, it's too cold. And the more you talk, the more bacteria comes intact with me cuz we're too close to each other. I dont want to catch your cold so sleep."

"Pabo...dummies dont catch colds...", he giggled, teasing even in that sick state.

I laughed softly at his joke but it quickly died when I felt his arms wrapping around me under the blankets. His face was at the crook of my neck, so close that I could feel him breathing. It tickled but in a good way.

So I tried to keep calm and go to sleep but my heart wont let me. For some reason, it kept pounding like crazy. I didnt know why but I took deep breaths and thats when Luhan's scent came to me. It was kind of vanilla-ish and surprisingly, it calmed me a bit. 

...later...just before I fell asleep, I found my arms slowly wrapping around him too, my left arm being his pillow.