Shy Note

Just A Baby

I was late to class. Again. 

It's not really that late but this is considered late because I like to sleep before any teacher comes in. 

As soon as I reached my class, I saw that there was a stick-it-note on my table. It was bright yellow so it was pretty obvious.

"Thanks. For everything :) "

I looked around and there was Jungkook, reading a book at his place.

"Well you're early. Good book?" I asked.

"Speak for yourself. Just thought I'd escape from Taehyung and Jimin. They kept pestering me in the dorm." 

"Oh. At least you have someone in the room..." my voice trailed off.

"Why? Where did everyone go?" he asked me without even turning to me.

"Taemin hyung went out last night and never came back, Chunji hyung are sleeping over at LJoe hyung's room these days and Minhyuk... Minhyuk left early for his morning run", I said, still holding the note, wondering who it was from.

He eventually turned around. 

He saw the note and smiled.

"Do you know who's it from?" he asked me, still smiling.

"I'm not sure because I'm not familiar with the handwriting. I know it's not Tao's, his handwriting is unreadable. Everyone else's...yeah I dont know. Why? Do you know? Did you see who came and put it here?"

"Whoa slow down. Yes to both the questions, and why would you think Tao would give it? He sits right next to you"

"Who put it?"

"You can come out now. He's dying to know, you know", said Jungkook, looking at the teacher's desk.

I stared at it as well, wondering if he was mental or anything.

But before I could even debate with myself, I heard a thud from under the desk.

"...ouch.." the owner of the note came out, rubbing his head.

"Hahaha serves you right for hiding and eavesdropping", Jungkook teased. 

"Luhan...? What the...dude, why were you hiding? And did you leave the note?"

"...Jyeahh... I wanted to thank you for last week. That night in your room. Oh and the week before that...but I didnt know how to thank you...so..." his voice faded.

"Whoaaa too much info...guess I'll be leaving", Jungkook laughed, getting up to leave.

"Here, your stuff. Your socks and your clothes. And thanks for the notes to. And for taking care of me..." he said innocently, avoiding my gaze while handing me a paper bag with my clothes in it.

I looked at him, waiting for him to turn to look at me. He coughed while his hand was still holding out the bag and suddenly the door burst open.

It was Tao. He rubbed his eyes and yawned like he didnt sleep at all last night. Behind him was Chen.

"Hey Luhan. Morning Sehun. Tao, your shoelaces", Chen said, as he too, yawned as he walked to his place.

We greeted Chen and they both went to their places, Tao beside me and Chen behind Luhan.    

"Eyy bud, hi Hannie...", Tao greeted us with his half-opened eyes and tired voice.

We greeted him back and I went back to staring at Luhan's face. He still avoided my gaze. I coughed.

He finally turned to me and glared. I laughed at it, finding it cute.

 "Arent you going to take it? It's YOUR clothes."

Both Tao and Chen looked at us when they heard. I've never seen Tao's eyes that wide. 

Luhan realized he spoke too loud and he blushed at the weirdness of the sentence. I just laughed looking at him.

"Yeah, I was just waiting for you to look at me. Don't you know it's rude to avoid eye contact when you're clearly talking to someone?"

"Whatever", he said, covering his face as he quickly went to his place after he put the bag on my table.

"Dude did you just got laid? I mean whenever that happened, though? And why didn't you tell me?" Tao asked me with extreme interest and a little bit too excited.

"No we didn't!!!" Luhan shouted from the front of the class, his body turned to us.

"You sure???" Chen asked him instead from his place.

"I said no" he told Chen.

I couldnt help but laugh at him. He was adorable when he's mad. That little face, bangs covering his forehead and hid lips pouting.

"Duuudddeee, tell me~" Tao pulled on my sleeve.

---

I came back to my room and sprawled on my bed. Tired. Class was extended and it really took my whole energy. 

Chunji hyung came in and Minsoo hyung, Ljoe hyung and Niel hyung came in behind him. They had a study group discussion. These dudes are really noisy when they're together, I know cuz they're always noisy in the cafeteria.

So I put in my earphones and tried to sleep before they could even start.

 

I woke up at 6pm and it was hot. 

I got up and realized that I was wrapped in my blanket. When did I sleep in my blanket. As far as I remembered, I just slept ON my blanket. 

I turned to my bedside and saw a bowl of porridge, still a bit steaming. I found a stick-it-note beside it.

Sehun-ah, eat up okay? 

Luhan came in earlier and brought you porridge.

Hyung will be out for the night so dont skip your meal.

-chunji hyung x*

Wait, Luhan came? ...and brought porridge? Whaaaa... I was confused so I went to take a bath.

I ate up the whole bowl of porridge and went to wash it. I wanted to return the bowl and thanked Luhan though I still wanted to ask him why did he do it. 

---

"So...this is your bowl...?" I asked him as soon as I got by his bed.

"Oh you scared me. Don't you know how to knock?" he pulled out his earphones and took of his shoes.

"I did, no one answered but I heard you singing so I made my own way"

"Yeah it mine. Thanks. Put it on the table", he said as he grabbed his towel.

"Though.....why? I wasnt sick or anything...so...and why did you come to my room anyway?" I asked him as I sat on his bed.

"You looked like you were...you know, sick. I didnt want to wake you. So yeah. I need to get a shower cuz I just got back from my soccer practice. And dont sit on my bed", he said as he went inside his bathroom.

I didnt know what to do or where to go so I stayed there. 

---

"...hey get up. Sehun-ah. Wake up" I heard someone said.

I rubbed my eyes and saw Luhan right in front of my face. Did I just fall asleep?

I looked at my watch and it was 7.15pm. Luhan was staring at me and his hand was on my forehead.

His hand was warm. I grabbed onto his hand and it apparently shocked him.

"W-what? What is it, what's wrong?" he asked me, clearly shocked.

"Why is your hand warm? Are you still not well?" 

"I-I'm fine-"

"Let me do that", I said, pulling him into my lap and drying his hair with the towel hanging from his shoulder.

"I can do it myself-"

"You can, but you're too slow. You have to make sure it dries fast or not you'll catch a cold again" I said sternly.

He stayed like that, again, avoiding eye contact. 

Eventually, he became sleepy. I knew because I saw his eyes drooping.

After a few yawns, he fell asleep with his head on my chest and he was still hugging his legs.

I stayed like that, letting him sleep for a while and came to find myself staring at him.

He looked beautiful up-close. His long eyelashes, his soft brown hair covering up his smooth forehead, his tiny nose, his full lips...everything was beautiful, I couldnt deny it.

I pulled him in close, hugging his tiny body and he seemed unstirred. He even cuddled in more comfortably. He whinned a few times but I rocked my body and he calmed down.

I played with his hair and the sudden realization came to me.

"Do I...like, this kid?"

And the door opened. Luhan still slept.

"Shhh..." I said to Lay.

"Ooopsss, sorry", he whispered and mmoved around quietly.

He walked slowly to me with his towel in hand and sat on the bed. I was on the floor with my back to the bed.

Suddenly he ruffled my hair and chuckled slowly.

I looked up at him.

"He hasnt been sleeping well these days. It's a first that he's letting anyone come near his bed, too. What did you do to him?" he asked me, whispering and chuckling again.

"Why hasnt he been sleeping well?" I asked him, looking up then looking down at the boy.

"I'm not sure. He wont say, too. But I remember him crying to sleep one night after he was on the phone with someone. But its a good thing that you can make him sleep. He looks so tired these days", said Lay as he got up.

I looked at the boy in my lap. He was still sleeping soundly. I thought I even heard a light snore.

How comfortable is it to sleep like this? I wondered.

But suddenly he stirred, moving around, mumbling something. He started to sweat and he kept tugging on my shirt.

I tried to wake him up but he was still stirring unconciously.

Lay got out of the bathroom and ran to me.

"Slap him Sehun. That's the only way to wake him", he said calmly but also a bit worried.

"Luhan-ah!" I shouted as I slapped him.

A red blush came to his cheek where I slapped him.

His eyes was opened wide and his eyes suddenly brimmed with tears.

He pulled me and cried with his face buried in my chest.

I looked at Lay and he gestured me to comfort him. So I did. I caressed his hair and asked if he was okay but he kept crying. He even hiccuped and he curled even more in my embrace.

What was it, that nightmare that woke him?