Baby Glare

Just A Baby

I thought it was just my imagination but really it wasnt. I finally got into the first class. I thought I wasnt that clever to get pass to the first based on my entrance exam but luck was on my side, I guess. Plus, my old friend from elementary is in the first class too so I dont need to worry about my first friend. 

"Tao-ya! Aha we're in the same class! Come I saved a place for you." Tao smiled broadly and walked over.

"Sehun-ah!!!! Ah you are certainly a sight for sore eyes, dude! I didnt know what to do during the orientation week. It was so awkward with all those short kids. They kept asking if I was a senior or something", Tao sat beside me and landed his head on my shoulder.

"I know, right? The same was for me. They were most scared of me because I had this stern face on. Plus my height, yeah no one really interacted with me. Blah wtv", I said putting my head on his.

In a while, we slept like that. We were famous as sleepy heads ever since we became friends at 6 years old. So there we were sleeping peacefully when a big commotion came.

"I know. She was asking for my number like it was some kind of free item. Urgh. I'm prettier than her and she dared to come at me like that. I know I look manly even in this pretty state." Said the owner of the voice, laughing.

"Luhan-ah, I saved a place for you. Here, here! Oh, Chen and Baek, here too!" A boy with big round eyes called out to them, waving his hands from the front of the class.

I tried to closed my eyes again and tried to go back to sleep again when someone from the line in front of us turned around and just stared at me. I ignored him and seated more comfortably while adjusting Tao's head on my shoulder. I closed my eyes but a continous fake cough bothered me. I opened my eyes and glared at the boy. He laughed.

"Hi. I'm Jungmyeon. But my friends before this calls me Suho. And this is Kris. Kris, say hi to them", he said as he poked the person next to him's cheeks who was originally reading a fashion magazine.

He looked up from it and said, "Hi I'm Kris. Wu Yi Fan's my real name but Kris is better. So, bye" and returned to his world.

"And I'm going back to sleep. And this is sleepy head no2. Bye", I said, closing my eyes.

The boy laughed and just turned around, going back to his work. I couldnt go back to sleep so I just looked around as I heard Tao quietly snoring by my shoulder. I played with his front hair and it tickled his eyelids.

"Uh...go away. Dont bother me... I'm, I...", he mumbled and went back to sleep. I just laughed at him.

I looked around and my eyes fell on the group of boys before. The really noisy ones. They havent stopped talking and laughing so much that it bothered me. Like, what was so fascinating at 8 am? Urgh. I turned my head to the door and found a tan-skinned boy talking to some senior. They look like twins...which is weird. And they were talking like they've known each other for a long time...which was weirder, not that I cared. 

"Good morning class. Please get to your seats. Girls, you can put away your magazines and make-up. You by the window, yes, with the eye-liner, that includes you-"

"Yes Miss!!!", the chubby-cheeked kid said putting his eyeliner away. And the teacher turned to the Kris guy.

"You, tall boy, also by the window, please keep your magazine. We wouldnt want to see you drooling at some y lady artists."

Everybody settled at their seats and Tao yawned as he woke up from his nap. I noticed then that someone sat at my right side, it was the tanned kid. He quietly smiled and nodded at me as he pulled a small, shy-looking, big-eyed kid to let him sit in front of him which was beside Suho.

"I'm Jongin. Kim Jongin. You?" the boy beside me said as he pulled out his stuff from his bag. 

"Sehun. Oh Sehun. This is Tao. He's kinda sleepy so...Tao-ya. This is Jongin." I said as I pulled Tao's sleeve to turn his attention to Jongin and he just smiled with his eyes half opened. He nodded and turned away.

"Who's that you pulled earlier? He looked so small." I said as I pointed with my chin at the boy in front of him.

"Oh that's Kyungsoo. Yeah he is kinda small. I found him looking lost at the corridor so I pulled him in as he asked me where class A1-1 is. Though he isnt that small. Its just because you're so tall. I saw you last week during orientation. You looked weird among newbies, being so tall and looking matured", he said.

I smiled at him for his compliments on me being tall and mature-looking. Well, I took it as a compliment, that is. In front, the teacher was already half-way with her introduction. She was our homeroom teacher, Ms. Song Hyo Jin. Ms. Song, she told us to call her. And so she started with the students' intros, starting with the kid who applied on eyeliner form earlier. Baekhyun or something. 

It was only a few students and I started to yawn more and more. Tao was already gulping down half of his bottled drink to keep his eyes form drooping. Jongin on my side was fiddling with something. 

The intro was delayed as it got to the third row where a small boy stood, introducing himself in a fake deep voice. It made the whole class crack up because there was a part where his voice couldnt go deep enough and cracked. He just smiled and laughed at his own mistake. I snorted. It was the kid who was so chaotic from before, talking about girls asking for his number or something. I yawned again but this time I let out a bit of a sigh at the end.

Without realizing, the whole class was looking at me as I opened my eyes fully after that long yawn. The teacher looked amused but the kid standing was pissed judging from his glare. I almost laughed at his cute glare. His babyface was not meant to do a glare.

"Yes you-who-yawned, what's your name?", the teacher half-smiled and gestured me to stand up.

"Um...Sehun. Oh Sehun. I'm sorry, I was just a bit sleepy", I said honestly. 

"Well, you should be paying a little more attention to your friends' introduction on themselves as you're going to be in the same class for a year. I assume you heard him say his name, right?", the teacher asked me. The boy was staring at me.

"Um...sorry, no. I didnt. What was it again?", I looked at him as I asked. 

He took a breath and said, "Lu. Han. Xiao Lu Han. Luhan. I'm half-chinese".

"Oh. Okay, Xiao. Lu. Han. I'm Sehun. Oh. Se. Hun. I'm a full Korean", I sad, imitating him just to annoy him.

The whole class giggled as I did it and Tao pat my waist, laughing. Even the teacher was amused by it. Though that kid Luhan was glaring at me again. That baby glare again. He glared but than just turned back around, ignoring me. 

Whats his probem?, I thought.