twenty┊ephiphany

❝✕ ┊ d.n.c writes,, — poetry collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

❝ephiphany❞

is defined by the urban dictionary as a major realization in life; like getting enlightened by a great thought. I think of ephiphany as a great eureka moment – like when Archimedes steps into his bath and realizes the water is displaced by his weight. but I am no mathematician or a philosopher – only a seventeen year old girl who has never experienced even an inkling of what some would describe as suffering. but moments of ephiphany don’t only happen to great people in amazing circumstances. its small moments too – like how blissful it feels to be sipping a cup of coffee brewed at four am when everyone is caged by sleep. or taking a warm shower at twelve am, alone at home. or the short moments when I wake up – when I don’t remember who I am and what I have experienced. it is months of fighting a silent war – one between myself and everyone else. every pang of resentment is a sign – because no one can see the walls of your own heart shedding until the centre is hollow, not until they wake up one morning and realize that her sheets are stained red like every night her pillow is stained with her own salty tears. and she? she is no longer breathing. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter