Trial and Error

Her Adventure


The next morning when getting dressed to head to the studio, Yongguk already went into ‘boyfriend’ mode-or at least tried to. He already was waiting outside the house, his hair neatly combed, showing his exposed studded lobes. I smirked, walking past him as he tried catching up. “Panda, wait for me!” he slid his hand into mine, which I never flinched at all by the large size of his to my hand. It was a gesture that I was too familiar with - and it just made me think of Yongguk as a friend once more. A gentle pull to my waist towards his side as we walked, I still didn’t fall for it. He tried to do many other gestures, but as soon as I saw the studio in front of me, Yongguk sighed, turning to me. “You’re a really hard person to convince, Panda.” I shrugged, chuckling.  “Trial and error, as they say.” We both laughed. At least we were taking this situation as more of something humorous, otherwise it would’ve been really awkward. “See you.” He briefly kissed my cheek, which I couldn’t tell if it was another ‘boyfriend’ tactic or he dropped the act just for that moment. Smiling, I shrugged it off and waved a farewell before entering the dance room.

“Where is everybody?” I whispered, hearing nothing but the muffled cars honking in the distance. The room was empty - not one other human being in sight. And what made it even more worse? It was basically pitch black. I scanned the room in a 360 degree, and as soon as I set my eyes to the corner a large shadowy figure approached, their hand practically covering my whole mouth as the other swiftly held my waist firmly. I muffled a scream, trying to squirm but the figure just gripped me firmly. Now, my first instinct was to bite the person’s hand - but clearly I wasn’t able to do that. So, as last minute decision making; I kicked one of their shin, which next came an odd shriek; almost like a girly scream. I stood in the dark, trying to find out who had the same familiar child-like tone. “Jimin?!” I exclaimed, which I heard shuffling, then the lights came on. His hair was in a mess, his cut-sleeve tank askewed, as he rubbed the spot where I kicked.

“Really? You just had to kick my shin?” he winced. I smiled sheepishly, rubbing my elbow. “Yeah, sorry about that...wait. Why were you in the dark? And more importantly, why are you alone?” I say defensively, crossing my arms for an explanation. He sighed. “They’re all in the recording room. I came here to get my sheet of lyrics when I overheard your conversation with Yongguk…so I peeked out the door just when, he um…kissed your cheek.” I widen my eyes. This lil’ prick was eavesdropping! “That still doesn’t explain why you grabbed me.” I scoffed, looking away. “Because if you screamed, then the others would know you’re here. I just wanted to talk to you first about you two before he knows.” I bit my lip, figuring out what just happened these past few minutes.

So, most likely he told the others about Hoseok’s confession to me the other day. Great, more drama. I sighed in defeat, dropping my arms to the side. “Fine. Yongguk confessed to me last night.” His mouth dropped open, shocked. Trust me, I was too at the time. “But, I told him that if he could convince me well enough that he was good as a boyfriend, we will actually date for real.” He closed his mouth, nodding as if taking in all the information. “So, you guys aren’t officially ‘dating’,” I nodded. “That’s right.” He crossed his arms, brows furrowed. “But, you never actually rejected his confession either. So how does that work?” Hmm, he had a point. “I guess…it was more of a last minute act. I wasn’t sure what to say at the time; just minding you that it was the same day Hoseok confessed as well.” Suddenly, a thought came in my head. If Hoseok found out about me being fine with Yongguk showing off, he would assume that I actually like him and…I gulped, my palms beginning to sweat.

“Jimin.” I placed my hands on either side of his shoulders, which he tensed up. “Promise, swear, that you won’t tell Hoseok about this. Not until I get Yongguk’s situation handled first. And if for some reason you happen to tell the others as well, be sure you say to not tell him right after. Alright?” He grinned childishly. “Jimin, this is serious!” I said. He nodded quickly, saluting. “Count my word for it.” I sighed a breath of relief and dropped my hands, just when the boys entered the room, as Jimin and I scooted a more safer distance from each other to avoid suspicion. “Mao? The PD nims are waiting for you in the kitchen.” Namjoon pointed out. Nodding, I slowly walked past them, and right at the time when I reach the door it opened so I was now facing Hoseok himself. You’ve got to be kidding me. “Mao.” He said simply, looking away as a blush crept on his face.

“He-Hey.” I stammered, gazing down. Why was I awkward around him now?
Oh yeah, that’s right. I never answered his confession yet.
“Um, if it’s about yesterday, just..take your time to answer. I can wait.” He gave a small smile. Relief washed over me, as I looked up and smiled. Thank you, I mouthed as I walked into the kitchen, my heart fluttering. I’ll make it up to him, I know I can.
 

~Hoseok~


God, why did I say that when I know for sure I myself  would be anticipating for something I don’t want the answer to? I mean, yes, I confessed to her (and how badly do I want her to say yes!) but, with giving her another chance to think it over; the chance of her rejecting me is slowly increasing. I got all fidgety and nervous once more, but I was able to fight it off so I could focus more on our dancing routine. I was so focused that I never noticed I was the more fierce, energetic one among them all. Jungkook especially noticed first - he was complimenting me the whole way through while I was dancing. “Good job, hyung!” he patted my shoulder, while I smiled proudly as I sat down beside him on the floor; him offering a water bottle as I took it and chugged it in one go. I stood up and threw it in the garbage as I began to dance again, my heart pounding in my ears as I felt sweat trickling down the side of my cheek down the chin.

By the end of the day Mao came right in.
“That's it. I'm buying you guys an air freshener; it smells more and more gross every day.” She coughed, waving a hand in front of her face. Jungkook scoffed. “Excuse you, noona, but it smells just fine.” He sneered. She glared. “You clearly don’t care about my health. So its alright if I pass out, right here, right now?” She raised an eyebrow, smirking.  Jungkook, who was too innocent to know her wittiness - began to bow. “Sorry, sorry! I will wear better deodourant!” he said. Her face lit up as she laughed, which melted my insides; my face turning warm. What trick is she playing that’s making me love her even more? Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she waved a simple farewell to us, but as looked at each one of us she looked at me the longest, her deep brown eyes made me frozen in place. With a cough, she quickly walked out. Only I noticed her sudden flustered expression.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Wow, a much longer chapter! (hehe you're welcome) ^^

Alas, I will put this story on semi-hiatus because of school; so please be patient ><
Have a great day everyone~

-B.B