Her Answer

Her Adventure

I’ll admit, I was slightly upset with how Yongguk was doing way to much skinship than before, not to mention right in front of Hoseok, who’d just confessed that he liked me! But I’ll give him props for saving my back there when I couldn’t answer Hoseok back, even if it wasn’t intentional. Sighing, I brushed a thin layer of sesame oil and dryly sprinkled each large rice ball, putting them both on a white china plate before bringing myself over to Yongguk’s room. The door was ajar, and when I opened it ever so slowly all I saw was him, loose sheets of paper held by his hand as he slept, body rising and falling gently. I carefully set the food down on his table and walked towards him, the muffled creak of the hard wood floor under the carpet following my feet when I actually stopped and bent over, my arms resting on the side of his bed with my chin on top, observing his peaceful, sleepy, face. “Yongguk-ah?” I whispered, slowly reaching out and taking away his lyrical paper. 

All I got was a simple inhale of breath, and exhale, which I sighed in relief. Poor guy, he must’ve really worked hard today. Standing up on my feet, I shuffled over to the side of his bed and pulled a blanket over him  and his soft dark hair, brushing any away from his face that were covering his eyes. I yawned, just seeing him sleep makes me feel sleepy as well. Sleeping for a few minutes on his bed won’t hurt - he’s fully knocked out. Smirking, I quietly crawled into the covers beside him, already feeling his body warmth as I snuggled my face into his cotton shirt that covered his solid back. Suddenly, his body shuffled just when an arm reached for my waist, pulling me closer to the now solid chest of Yongguk. I let out a shriek soon after his forehead knocked against my own, but no pain whatsoever.

“Panda.”he whispered, breath tickling my cheek. I squirmed, trying to escape his grip on one of my wrists. “Yongguk, I just wanted to take a nap on your bed for a little!” I whined, smiling. He smirked. “Not until you answer my question.” I groaned, knowing that if I don’t do what he asked for, I might be in serious tickle trouble, and I hate being tickled; especially from him. “Fine.” I huffed. With a serious look in his eyes, he spoke.

“What if I asked you right now if I wanted you as my girlfriend?” my stomach dropped, and my heart began to race faster. I still had to think about Hoseok’s answer, and now this? It wasn’t fair to me. All I wanted was to have a regular life in Seoul, being free and just hang out with Yongguk just like good old times, but how can I if my childhood friend and my closest co-worker don’t see as one anymore? I gulped, trying to reply with the right words of the moment. But my mind just keeps telling me:
ARE YOU INSANE? YOU TELL ME THIS NOW, JUST  BECAUSE WHEN  SOMEONE  ELSE  CONFESSED TO ME YOU’D THINK I COULD HANDLE THIS ONE TOO?! 

Though, I just stared at Yongguk, all dumbfounded. “My answer for you would be...” I bit my lip, pondering once more. If I say yes, what would happen to Hoseok? That whole confession was just a complete waste. If I say no, Yongguk and I will be in the most awkward position that it could possibly ruin our friendship as a whole.

“If I date you, consider it as a ‘test-run’.” I bit down my lower lip. He raised an eyebrow, stating he wanted an explanation. Sighed, I explained, how we weren’t really ‘dating’ as a whole, but wanted to see if we were able to handle each other as more than friends, and if we were ready to do so in the near future. Truth be told, it sounds pretty lame to say, but I wasn’t doing this for the both of us, but for Hoseok’s friendship as well. “So, if my acting of trying to be a good boyfriend is worthy enough, you would actually date me for real?” he voice clarified, as I nodded. “Deal?” I say. Smiling, he nodded.

“Panda, I’ll make sure that I’m the only boy you want on your side.”