Later

Her Adventure

Hoseok~


The last thing I remembered was something sharp hit against my neck and practically out. Turns out it wasn’t a dream – I’m actually awake at a hospital bed with a gruesome stitch of hiding the wound on my neck. The doctors were pretty kind to give me enough food, though the soup here tasted like muddy water. Luckily my family came by to see how I was doing, and how happy was I that they gave me a care basket! (I swear I think I already ate 2/3 of the cookies in it.) After all that eating I decided to take a quick nap for almost an hour and a half until I heard the door open with a young nurse walk in. “Jung Hoseok? You have more visitors.” The thought of having more food soon disappeared when walking through the doors were BTS; all staring at me with open mouths and eyes of relief. As soon as the nurse left the maknae came up to me and hugged out all the breath I had contained. “You’re alive hyung!!!” Jungkook swayed me back and forth, causing the bed to rock as well. “Yes, I am. Now could you...?” I choked out which he understood right away. He smiled sheepishly. “So-sorry.” He chuckled. Taehyung  slowly came up behind Jin and sighed, biting his lip. “I too am sorry. I didn’t mean to pull you down in the water like that – I slipped and fell on a rock.” I gulped down the lump in my throat. I know it wasn’t Taehyung’s fault, but even so I can feel how much guilt he probably was feeling just by looking at his expression.

I managed to respond with an even toned answer; but it faltered a slight bit. “It’s…okay.  I’m alive, aren’t I?” he bit his trembling lip, and soon he too embraced me with hiccuping sobs. I chuckled; wrapping an arm around his shoulders for comfort. Jimin sighed and threw his arms in the air, smiling. “Oh – the hell with it.” And everyone just gathered around me and gave one large group hug – though it was slightly uncomfortable with the bed in the way. We all laughed and I cracked a few jokes here and there, but soon subsided when Namjoon cleared his throat. “I just want to say that without Hoseok, BTS would never be the same.” everyone hummed in agreement, as I rolled my eyes by the sudden cliché of his speech. The next moment happened so fast it caught my breath far too quickly.

Yongguk burst open the door and with Mao, both panting with flushed cheeks. I opened my mouth to call for her name, but it got caught in my throat. We all stared at them, which had suddenly gotten really awkward with all the silence that dread on. “Elevator broke down; we had to take the stairs,” Yongguk spoke up as he held Mao’s arm firmly - looking as if she was about to collapse. My heart quickened; my cheeks flushed. I am so glad the heart monitor isn’t on at the moment. Truth be told I wasn’t expecting Mao to even show up – or the both of them, for that matter. Especially Yongguk. Mao walked slowly away from his embrace and sat herself down at the chair in the far corner. Her head was still low, so all I saw was her hunched over with hands gripping on her knees.

Her black hair barely covered her face so I was able to see her small open mouth. “Yongguk-ah…could you…” her voice was raspy, and already Yongguk knew what she was going to say before he let her continue. Nodding he told everyone of BTS to go to the café as he left just the two of us alone.
I looked over to Mao again to see her breaths were stuttering; almost shaking for one. God she doesn’t sound so good. I worried. Taking a deep breath I spoke out. “Hey, Mao. Are you alright?” I asked in a caring tone. She looked up suddenly and what threw me off was how puffy and red her eyes were.
This girl has been crying? My heart sank deep into my stomach. She managed to pull off a feeble smile, but we both knew it didn’t hide the sadness on her face.
“I-I could be asking you the same thing,” She croaked, ascending off the chair and walked over to me. I gazed down at my hands, unsure how to answer her question without making her worry even more.
No. I’m not okay. I never knew you were crying and I feel terrible and guilty. Those words just can’t seem to get out of my throat.

I felt her soft fingers draping over my own, and when I looked up tears had already sprung to her eyes once more. “Shh, don’t cry Mao,” I say softly; which she just collapsed under my embrace. “As much as this sounds cliché, I just didn’t want to lose my best friend.” She sobbed, her breaths coming in hollow sighs. I wrapped an arm around her shoulders as her head rested on mine. I combed her soft hair between my fingers, whispering gentle words in her ear. “If it makes you feel any better, I can at least pretend to be dead,” I smiled. Her quiet chuckle vibrated against my skin, as she slowly pushed away and looked at me with bright eyes. I cupped her small, fragile face as she put her hands on mine. “Shut up, Hoseok-ah. If you were actually dead, I wouldn’t be able to answer your confession.” My smile faltered a slight bit. Oh, crap.

I wasn’t ready for the answer yet! No, not yet Mao! I wanted to plead, but I just bit my lip and nodded; wondering where this will go. Dropping my hands she took in a deep breath and her gaze from me. “Jung Hoseok, your cute little jokes and goofy grins is one of the many reasons I am in love with you. And just maybe... we could actually go on a date for real?” she bit her lip and looked at me with flushed cheeks. Even when she confesses she was cute. And I loved that about her. I chuckled, earning me a glare from her.
“Yah, what’s so funny? Can’t you see I’m trying here?” her voice tauted. I held her wrist and pulled her close so that we were face to face, as I swooped in for a kiss. At first she seemed hesitant, but nonetheless she responded rather quickly; her fingers trailing circles in my messy bed-head hair, my hands holding on to her waist gently. In this moment, it all felt perfect. Just the way how the warmth spread all throughout and how the sounds in the room roar softly in my ear as they faded to only hearing the slow, steady beat of our hearts in rhythm. We broke apart with her forehead against mine. We shared a soft laugh as my thumb traced her damp cheeks from all the crying. “Do you think they’ll be back anytime soon?” she whispered.

I peered over her shoulder and tried stifling a laugh when I saw BTS practically squealing near the door by the new found couple.
“Don’t worry, I’m sure they would be back in a few minutes,” Jimin bellowed, causing Mao to practically jump back with a startled expression; as I began to release my laugh.
“You knew this whole time?!” she spat with a whack to my arm. I yelped, rubbing the spot she’d hit. “Hey! Don’t hurt me; aren’t I already hurt enough?” I pointed to my wound, which she smirked in return. “Good.” She chuckled.

Everyone congratulated us, even Yongguk himself. “You’re damn lucky to keep a girl like her,” Yongguk patted my shoulders. I smiled; while looking at Mao who blushed by Yongguk’s comment. “Speaking of which, since you know Mao more than me, which side of the bed does she sleep on? Left or right?” Mao glared at the both of us as we shared a laugh. It was almost night out, and they all had to go. The maknae gave me one last hug before he left the room as it was just only Yongguk and Mao left. “Yongguk, I’ll meet you in the lobby.” Nodding he left only just with Mao and I. “You’ll be staying here for another 2 days?” she asked quietly whilst  playing with my fingers. I sighed, trailing kisses on her forehead.
“By then, we could go on our first date.” I smirked. She scoffed. “Oh? Where to?” I pondered about it for a second. “Anywhere but the beach.” I shuddered, earning a giggle from her. “Alrighty. I’ll try visiting you tomorrow, kay’?” planting a quick peck on my lips she waved a farewell before she closed the door behind her. I slumped down into my bed; looking out into the stars dancing in the endless sea of black. I wasn’t able to shake off the feeling that warm fuzzy feeling coating my stomach – not that I wanted to.

Smiling I closed the lamp from the side of the table and cuddled into my sleep, dreaming of my first ever dream that came true in reality:

I fell in love with the right girl. Mao Iyaku.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note/ 他の~
OMG I finished the story! Yes, I know many of you were surprised; I updated this without telling you guys that this fanfic is finished T-T (I deeply apologize)
Anyway, how did you guys like it? It was so much fun to write. (Yongguk I'll miss you T^T)

Thank you so much for those who have read, subscribed to this story - you all are awesome ^^
I also have other stories, such as:

- The Journalist (complete)
- OneSS (one-shot collection)

If you have time, please do check it out.
Well, that's all - have a great day everyone~

-B.B