Only One

Her Adventure


I wasn’t expecting him to be out in public, which they hardly ever see them out the studio. Smiling, I gave Jungkook a hug that he’d just automatically done first, which I could never get tired of. “Um, you all know Yongguk, right?” they nodded, giving him shoulder bumps and friendly smiles. Their studios are just a block away, and Yongguk even talks to them time to time when he’s waiting for me to go home with him. He returned the favour, and wandered off to the caps. Man, are all guys with R&B style in their career set off for caps? Honestly.


“Namjoon told us that you guys aren’t dating? It’s a shame, you guys are really cute together.” I tried stifling a laugh by what nonsense Jin said, his innocence got the best of me. I didn’t, not ever, think of dating Bang Yongguk. We were friends - and we’ll stick to just that. Looking over, Hoseok stood faraway from BTS;  rubbing his neck nervously and avoided my gaze. Man, not this awkward situation again. A glance was a glance, big deal; right? Clearly I made him really nervous now. “Um, Hoseok?” I coughed, which he looked up, a blush crept on his face. Okay, I might as well talk to him in private as to what’s wrong with him,  and say it ever so politely am I right? “Could I-“ my question was interrupted by Yongguk calling me over, clearly not knowing he interrupted at the wrong time. I gave an apologetic smile to him before walking to the back, sighing in disappointment. So much for that. “What is it?” I tried hiding my glum tone with an enthusiastic smile. “Isn’t this bunny beanie cute on you?” it was striped black and white, which I had to admit was cute when he placed it on my head.


Taking it off, I turned around just when BTS waved a farewell at the both us, before exiting. I bit my lip, trying to not let out an urging plea for them to stay escape my mouth. Once they were out of sight, I slumped my shoulders. Yongguk wrapped an arm around my shoulders, both of us looking at the hat in my hands. The price was on sale, and in luck the cashier clerk said it was the last of them in stock. The only one left, and I bought it.

~

Since we knew we’ll be out late, we ate at a noodle shop before coming home around 9:00pm, putting our pajama’s and we both sat on Yongguk’s bed, my head resting on his shoulder eyes glued to my book while he was on the laptop; typing out new lyrics. “Panda, did you already brushed your teeth?” he asked, still typing. I replied with a meek ‘yes’, turning the page. He closed his laptop, and I lifted my head staring at him as he stood up, stretching his arms in a yawn. “Darn, I’m the last one.” I chuckled, as he returned a smirk before heading into the washroom, the sound of the tap running filled my ears. I closed my book and set it to the side, my eyes already drooping closed, my body giving away by the dim light from his lamp, and the warmth of the blanket convincing me to take a short  nap. Yawning, I out. Minutes later, I felt something moving the mattress, and I slowly fluttered my eyes open to see Yongguk at the edge of the bed, his back turned so I saw his tattoo on his left upper back. I knew that he was working out occasionally at his studio, but not that much that I saw his rippled muscles so clearly. I never knew I was still staring until he shifted his head to me, puzzled. “Did I wake you?” he asked. I shook my head quickly, looking down in embarrassment. “No, you haven’t.” I mumbled the lie; biting my lip. I felt his breath on me, as he shifted across the bed closer. “Panda, look at me.” His voice was so caring and soft I had the urge to look up slowly. He reached to touch my face, his fingers gently tickling my cheek. He held his hand there, and for a split second I thought he was going to… I tensed up, which he noticed as he stopped halfway from drawing closer, and swiftly kissed me on the cheek; dropping his hand after. “Goodnight.” He said numbly, without looking in my way.

“Goodnight,” Getting off his bed, I closed the door behind me as my heart beat returned to normal pace as I  lied down in my own bed; just staring at the ceiling. I couldn’t sleep right away, knowing it wasn’t the cheek he wanted to kiss at the moment.