Peacekeeper

Her Adventure


The objective of the game was to choose one of your team mates on each side and they have to run to their side; your team has to try and defend you, however if a member from the opposing team has touched you, it’s an automatic win. All players must be on the opposite side for victory. It was pretty simple, but the catch was instead on land, we were in shallow water. “Alright, who will be the one going up first?” Namjoon declared. Jimin and Hoseok just turned their heads away, grunting. “No way am I going against Yoongi hyung, he’ll tag me in a blink of an eye,” Jimin scoffed. Hoseok hummed in agreement.
I guess it would be my first time. I raised my hand meekly, which Namjoon looked at me and smiled proudly. “Just remember that Jin hyung is the slowest of the bunch. You’ll easily glide right through if heading straight to his path.” He gave a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder before I came upon being in the middle between the two teams, as well as Jungkook. “Ready?” Taehyung smirked, already in defence position. “Yahh!” my team hooted, as I rolled my eyes by how ridiculous they sounded. Bending my knees I spread my hands out and palm flat on the surface of the water; the tension rising up. Here we go, the countdown began in less than a second for me to catch a breath. “One…two…three!” And soon, the war began.

I pushed away the opposite currents as I went past the high tides and progressing into the lower tides. I heard the sounds of grunting shouts overwhelmed my senses as both the opposing team and mine raced to each other and grunted in shouts; Pushing their bodies back yet the water was able to keep them balanced still on their feet for most of the time. Jimin tried tackling the maknae; but unfortunately he whirled around just in time to pass him. Struggling, I made it past the distracted Taehyung and Yoongi; who were too occupied with Namjoon from the amount of wrestling that their arms were rippled to the veins. It was only Jin that I was worried about – even though many he was the slowest of the bunch, that doesn’t mean I would believe it for myself. In less than a few metres away I saw Jin as stiff as a statue; eyes occupying his other team mates. Smiling I walked right around his peripheral vision – to the extension that I was right behind him. Calm. Down. I mentally told my heart; which skipped a beat each passing minute. I had to be extra careful with moving in water – one splash, and I’m a goner.
Bending my knees for a better grip on the sand I was able to get around him…until I lost balance from the rigid rock that was hiding in moss. My hand splashed the surface of the water; and I winced as soon as he turned around. Smirking he tried to grab me but luckily I got right on balance at the right moment as I ran to the other side; all the way to the orange floating cone. Namjoon cheered the loudest amongst my team members; blocking out the groans of the opposing team. With success everyone made it to the other team – and it was only mere minutes that Hoseok and Taehyung were remaining in the field.


This time they aren’t allowed to cross each other; only one person to go with each turn. Hoseok tried to bull his way out but fell back with the aggressive push from Taehyung. All he did was the dodge-and-turn move, but Hoseok was sharp enough to notice it and went into tactics.
“Pick up the pace Hoseok-ah!!!!” Jimin shouted. In other words; hurry the hell up so this could all be over. It felt like hours we were in the water, my feet and fingers already shrivelled like raisins. Suddenly, the air  thickened when Hoseok came barrelling in front of Taehyung once more. He grabbed him and they both plummeted into the water…only one final splash filled the silence.

Everybody else was shouting for their names, but I was in too much of a shock to know what had just happen. I know Taehyung didn’t mean to grab him and pull him down – rather it was almost as if they slipped into the water. Which made me even more puzzled. We swayed over to the area, while Namjoon and Jin grabbed for both of the bodies out into the water. “I got water up my nose,” Taehyung sputtered, his wet hair matted his forehead. I hugged him tight with the sigh of relief washing to all BTS and me.
“What were you thinking to drag him down like that?” I stared in disbelief as soon as we retracted. He rubbed his neck sheepishly. “I…slipped on a rock when trying to push him off. I didn’t mean to drag him down on purpose. Honest,” I shrugged, chuckling. “As long as you’re fine.”

Yoongi looked over at Jin, which my heart almost sank when I saw what was in front of my eyes. The oldest member holding the unmoving youngest member… Hoseok. My brain wasn’t even processing for words; I pushed my way over in the crowd and looked over at  him, his head hanging in a odd angle and arms limped to the side. His chest was rising barely, which made my worry evaporate – just for a slight bit. “Is…there something wrong with him?” I asked Jin, who sighed as he closed his eyes. “See for yourself.” He slowly turned Hoseok’s head to the side and brushed away most of his wet hair away from his neck, revealing a large open cut that was oozing dark red blood. I took in a sharp breath. “Crap…” I whispered.

“He must have hit an boulder as he went down with Taehyung.” Jin stated. I cupped his face which his eyes were only half open, almost staring into nothing. “Hoseok. Hoseok, listen to me. You’ll be fine, alright? Everything is going to be fine…” But I knew that tears were already b my eyes. I closed my eyes as one dropped onto his face. I dropped my forehead to his, only hearing a weak groan from his lips. I don’t want to lose my friend. Not now.
“We have to go to the hospital. Right away.” I set my tone low. The boys agreed straight away, as Yoongi told Yongguk to call for an ambulance. In thirty minutes they took him away while the boys called over their PD nim to pick them up and drive them to the hospital. Yonnguk and I borrowed his friends car so we could drive along with them. The car ride was unbearable, to be honest. The tension as Yongguk drove, with me in the front biting my lip with so much worry it hurt. “Mao, what are you thinking right now?” he asked as he turned to an intersection. I glared at him from the most stupidest question to ask in the moment.

“I’m thinking that Hoseok might die, and I couldn’t even save him because I’m an idiot.” I breathed. He laughed. “I meant, what do you think of Hoseok now? After the incident?” I slumped back in my seat, trying to answer his question carefully.
“Well, I think that…I should have paid more attention. Paid more attention at what he did, how he looked at me, how I like his cute cheeky grin…” Did I just admit all that in front of Yongguk? How I truly feel about Hoseok? Yoongguk gave an eye smile. “In other words- you developed feelings towards him. Smack me later if you want, but I know when I see it Mao. Don’t deny it.” I clenched my fists and unclenched them, loosening my gritted teeth. Maybe he was right. Maybe I am starting to like him. But, I still had to owe Hoseok an answer…and I was sure as hell what it would be. “But, how about you? What about how-“ he shrugged, placing his car right beside BTS’s in the parking lot in front of the hospital.

“I thought about it during the little fight we had yesterday. As much as I like you, it might be best we should stick to friends. After all, who would be the one to look after you when you actually find a new love? Who would you talk with, cry your sorrows with, or who would just plainly support you throughout all that?”
He unclicked his seat belt as I did too, my gaze down. Yongguk still liked me, but he did have a point of being that friend he always was. Just like how we always were. “Let’s go see Hoseok, okay?” he grabbed my hand. “Oh, and put a smile will you? You don’t want to look like a mess.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Wow, this chapter took awhile for me to edit... but hey, I finally finished and posted it on here ^-^
OH NO WHAT HAPPENED TO HOPEY OHMYGAWD - you'll just have to wait, fufufu~
Update might take a while, I have a literacy test this Thursday and I am just so stressed out like ugh I don't want to do it T-T
(pretty big deal since we have to pass it to graduate)

Anyhoo, enjoy reading, and have a great day everyone~

-B.B