First Place

My Dad and My Appa

“Won?” Kyuhyun take a peek at his boyfriend from where he is sitting on the bed.

 

“Hmm?” Siwon replies, seemingly distracted as he flips through some brochures on ideal locations for weddings.

 

“When… you…” Kyuhyun stops as he is not sure how to carry on.

 

Siwon places away the brochures neatly at their side table and opens his arms, inviting Kyuhyun into his embrace.

 

Kyuhyun stills for a moment before scooting towards his warm human cocoon, taking in the masculine musky smell that is just Siwon before sighing, his slender fingers playing with the hem of his white t-shirt.

 

“When I what?” Siwon asks back, knowing that something is obviously bothering Kyuhyun but that the younger man is probably too embarrassed to ask out loud.

 

“At my house just now? You said I am your number one…” Kyuhyun trails off, biting his lips as he looks up at Siwon.

 

“Kyu, you may not like what I am gonna say but,” Siwon nods understandingly as he continues to rub the back of Kyuhyun soothingly “I meant everything I said to your and my parents. You will always be number one, before my parents, before even our miracle. So if I have to choose between any of them and you, I will choose you, there is just no two ways about it.”

 

“You mean if…” Kyuhyun’s saucer eyes grow rounder as the realization of what Siwon’s words hit him.

 

“Yes… if the doctor says you are in danger or that I could only save one of you, I will not hesitate to save you…” Siwon said calmly.

 

“But this, this…. Is ours…. Our miracle, REMEMBER?” Kyuhyun shrugs off Siwon’s hold on him and turns towards him, eyes blazing with anger, clearly getting upset with what the handsome man said. Yet, he was so glad Siwon takes the words from the deepest recess of his heart.

 

Siwon places a small kiss on the back of Kyuhyun’s hands after grasping them tightly with his, “I remember, I know and I understand. But Kyuhyun, don’t you get it, YOU are my miracle and if it meant not having you next to me, I…I know I am selfish and uncaring but this… is really what I feel. I am sorry if I hurt you by saying this…I am so sorry.”

 

After ten minutes of silence, Kyuhyun places his head tentatively on the chest of Siwon. “I don’t hate… you at all. It’s just that…I...is it so bad of us to feel this way?”

 

“Us?”

 

“Won, you said what I feel, only you were so resolute, so sure and without hesitation whereas for me, I am just afraid and scared, of what others may think of me… making it seems like I am a bad parent…” Kyuhyun reveals his inner fear to Siwon, knowing that if anybody, it will be him who truly understands.

 

“Kyu, as we embark on our journey together for the next part of our lives, it should be how we want to live and how we feel. And we will be the best parents for him… because of our strong love for each other,” Siwon speaks with determination in his eyes as he cups Kyuhyun’s face, fingers coasting gently on the cheeks. “I know we will be.”

 

"How did you become so wise?" Kyuhyun asks gently, falling a bit more deeper in love with the man in front of him, if it is possible.

 

"Well, I always have been, only try to play dumb so that you look so much more clever than me….” Siwon teases, a twinkle in his eyes. Kyuhyun hit him lightly on the chest and pouts, jutting out his lower lip.

 

“Him?”  Kyuhyun finally breathes out, suddenly remembering.

 

“Yah… somehow I feel that it will be a boy…” Siwon smiles tenderly “I can feel it… pregnancy fact 1, you know they say whether it’s a boy will depend on the father’s .”

 

Shaking his head, Kyuhyun laughs lightly, “Really? And now you are the expert?”

 

“Nope… just that I got to, to be number one in your heart.” Siwon pulls Kyuhyun to him and kisses him on the lips.

 

“Won, you going to show me how I am at the first place, right?”

 

“Gladly, baby.”