The Beginning

My Dad and My Appa

 

Kyuhyun stands in front of the shelf for a long time, biting his lips nervously. Finally, he takes a deep breath and grabs a few packages, throwing them into his basket and goes to the cashier before he could change his mind.

 

Back at home, he goes about putting the groceries at their rightful places until he comes to the last of the lot, boxes in a brown paper bag.  Staring at the articles in his hand, he shakes his head at the absurdity of it all. “You are crazy, Cho Kyuhyun,” he murmurs to himself before padding to the bathroom.

 

Later that evening

Siwon opens their bedroom door to find Kyuhyun sitting crosslegged in the middle, hugging a big pillow to himself, lost in his own thoughts. Siwon is sharp enough to know that something is obviously bothering the younger man by the crease of his eyebrows and the faraway look in his eyes.

 

“Baby?” he calls out softly, taking a seat next to Kyuhyun and tipping his head forward to look upwards at the younger man.

 

“Won!” Kyuhyun immediately smiles and flings his arms around Siwon, resting his chin on his shoulders.

 

“What’s the matter?” Siwon asks tentatively as he takes the opportunity to inhale the addictive smell of Kyuhyun, an intoxicating mix of vanilla and sandalwood.

 

“I…I..we…” Kyuhyun stutters as he locks eyes with Siwon before looking away, a bright red blush colouring his cheeks prettily.

 

Cupping his face so that their eyes can met, Siwon pushes “What, Kyu?”

 

Huffing, Kyuhyun pulls him out of their bed, tugging his hand towards their bathroom , “Come with me.”

 

Pointing his finger to the counter at the sink, Kyuhyun pushes Siwon forward wordlessly.  Puzzled, the older man walks forward slowly before his eyes widens. Then, he feels Kyuhyun snaking his arms around his waist and resting his head on his back.

 

“Kyu? What’s this?” Siwon asks with slight hysteria in his voice.  He is putting two and two together and now with what he had seen plus the fact that Kyuhyun had not been feeling too well for the past week, he just….

 

“I…have been vomiting and feeling bloated for the past week…,” Kyuhyun sounded muffled as he continues to hid his face on Siwon’s back, “And well…it’s just a strange feeling…so…”

 

Turning around, hands around Kyuhyun’s waist possessively, Siwon swallowed nervously with a hopeful glint in his eyes, “And so?”

 

“It’s positive on 4 tests,” Kyuhyun shyly breathes out before ducking his head downwards.

 

His mind a swirl of emotions, Siwon stares unblinkingly at Kyuhyun for at least two minutes as he allows what the young man said to sink in.

 

Kyuhyun continues to look downwards as his heart thumps nervously, he is not sure how Siwon would react to this news; would he be disgusted with him, he wonders. Oh god, what if Siwon decides not to…

 

“Marry me,” Siwon says, looking at the mess of red hair in front of him.

 

“What?” Kyuhyun raises his head finally and stares at Siwon questioningly.

 

“Kyuhyun, I…I  am planning to do this over our vacation in Paris…but I guess it cannot wait anymore,” Siwon fiddles with a small velvet pouch that he just take out from his pocket, he holds up one of Kyuhyun hand and allows two platinum bands to fall onto his palm, “Cho Kyuhyun, would you marry me and allow me to walk with you on this next journey to meet our miracle?”

 

Kyuhyun opens his mouth but is rendered speechless, things are just escalating beyond his expectations. But there is one thing he is sure of, beyond any reasonable doubt.

 

“Yes.”