Apologize

My Dad and My Appa

 “You sure you will be alright?” Siwon asks, his voice concerned as he parks the car at the curb just outside the small restaurant.

 

“Yes!” Kyuhyun laughs at how protective his soon-to-be husband is and leans over to peck him on his lips. “I will make my way home, it is easy to call a cab here.”

 

“You don’t allow me to go in with you but I am waiting out here, make sure your cellphone is switched on, get a seat where I can see you,” Siwon says firmly, his eyes pleading, hands linking with Kyuhyun’s.

 

“Won, I need to do this, remember, I owe it to him,” Kyuhyun explains the umpteenth time, shaking his head at how stubborn Siwon could be.

 

 

Taking out his coat, Kyuhyun scans around the chic Japanese restaurant before his eyes rests on his dinner companion for the night. Smiling tentatively, he makes his way to the private booth, his hands resting on his stomach protectively.

 

“Guixian!”

 

Kyuhyun finds himself enveloped into a tight hug. He returns it, squeezing the lanky body before letting go. “Mi, you look good.”

 

“So do you, come, take a seat,” the tall handsome Chinese man says, patting the seat next to him.

 

Kyuhyun bows a little but decides to take the seat opposite him instead, he cannot risk giving Mi the wrong idea again. He pretends not to notice the other man's slight faltering smile and takes a sip of the hot green tea.

 

"I have pre ordered your favourite sashimi," Zhoumi announces, as he helps Kyuhyun to refill his glass. As always, he is observant and gentlemanly.

 

Kyuhyun pauses. "I think I will pass...I am not supposed to eat raw things." Looking at the questioning gaze, he takes a deep breath. "I am pregnant."

 

"Is it Si..."

 

Nodding his head in silent affirmation, Kyuhyun allows the news to sink in while observing the emotions on Mi's face. Finally his ex-boyfriend looks him in the eye, "I am sorry, Mi. But you deserve to know it from me first. I..."

 

"Guixian, I...I just need to know this. Were you happy when we were together?"

 

"Yes. You were, no, are the perfect boyfriend. Always considerate and accomodating. And loving..."

 

"And if given more time, would you have..." Zhoumi trails off when he sees Kyuhyun widens his eyes. He knows then that it is impossible and finally realises bitterly that Kyuhyun is never his. He isn't his to begin with but even with time, he will not...not when there is Choi Siwon.

 

"I...I honestly did try...believe me when I say that. I wanted it to work," Kyuhyun shared earnestly. "But he and I, it is just...what we have been through...sometimes, I wonder why...but when it comes to matters of the heart. You just know. He is the one."

 

At the crucial time, Kyuhyun's stomach growls loudly while he ducks his head in embarrassment. Zhoumi laughs before shaking his head. "Come on, let's dig in."

 

 

Two hours later

Siwon let himself out of the car at the first glimpse of Kyuhyun. He nods his head at Zhoumi who is following behind, half pleases at the distance his love of his life put between them. Gripping the tall chinese man's hand into a firm handahake, they both hesitate before Siwon initiate a hug. He knows how much Zhoumi adores Kyuhyun and is eternally grateful to him for being there for the maknae during his darkest moments. "Thank you for taking care of him and we are sorry."

 

"Don't make him cry ever again."

 

"I don't intend to."

 

 

"What? Still cannot get over how good looking your husband is?" Siwon teases Kyuhyun good naturedly as the younger man takes curious glances at him during their drive home.

 

"What did the two of you talk about?" Kyuhyun probes as he places his hand on top of Siwon's.

 

"I thanked him. For taking care of you," the older man says softly.

 

Kyuhyun stays silent but laces their hands together as he looks out of the car, the night is certainly beautiful, he thinks to himself.

 

Siwon could see the faint smile on Kyuhyun's face and he could not help but marvel at his etheral glow. God, he is beautiful. And then his eyes rests on the slight bump. Now that the chapter with Mi is closed, he just can't wait to see what the future holds. With Kyuhyun