Heart to Heart

My Dad and My Appa
 

Siwon takes the empty cup from kyuhyun's hands and places it on the coffee table, his eyes never leaving the younger man. Kyuhyun has stayed silent throughout the entire journey home. His eyes conveying the confusion he is feeling inside as he catches the eye of a concerned Siwon.  
 

 
"I am afraid, Won," he confessed truthfully, remembering their oath not to keep anything from each other after their decision of getting back together. "I am not sure if I can go through this...I mean, I don't know if I can be a good father." 
 

 
"Kyu, you know I am with you all the way, right?" Siwon sits closer to Kyuhyun, his hands taking Kyuhyun's into his, lightly massaging the fleshy pads.

 
 
"I know but is this what you want, Won?" Kyuhyun finally lets out the important question that is weighing heavily on his mind. He knows Siwon would take care and support him to the best of his ability but he does not want it to be an obligation, a responsibility. He does not want Siwon to feel that he has to do this.

  
 
"Look at me, Kyu," Siwon commands softly, their knees grazing together and pauses as he waits.  
 
 

When Kyuhyun finally focuses on him, Siwon leans in to place a chaste kiss on his forehead, lingering longer than he intends to. 
 

 
"I love you, Kyu. I really really love you. What happened the past 5 years? I do not want to go through that, ever again. And this?" Siwon lightly feels Kyuhyun stomach. " Is ours. Not yours, not mine but ours. Believe me,  I want to be part of this journey with you and it will never be an obligation or just a responsibility. You are my future, Kyu and I cannot wait to spend it with you."

 
 
His mind making a mental note about their telepathic abilities, if not, how could one explain that Siwon had taken the words out of his mind just like that? Kyuhyun places his palm on Siwon's cheek and feels the older man lean towards him. "You are...so, so, so cheesy. But I love you too much to care, cheesy or not.” 
 

 

So there they are, just basking in each other's company, a step closer in their understanding of one another, a positive step forward to their unknown future. It's true, Kyuhyun thinks to himself, when there are two, it makes life that much more bearable and easier, because when one falls, there is another to pick him up.


Seeing Kyuhyun stifling a yawn, Siwon kisses his lips again, “It’s been a long day, let’s get to bed. We have a long day tomorrow.”

 

“Long day?” Kyuhyun asks, having an inkling of what Siwon is thinking.

 

“Yes, we got parents to meet and a wedding to plan,” Siwon holds on to Kyuhyun’s hand as they go towards their room.

 

Oh..by the way, Kyu…I think you would make an excellent father…but... second after me though....haha...ouch..ouch.

 

"You are sleeping at the couch!"

 

"But Kyu....."