제 5 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At MinNeul and MyungSoo’s House

            It was already 8 o’clock in the night. MinNeul had closed her clinic earlier today because she was feeling unwell. After she finished her bath, she went to the kitchen to cook dinner. Finished with preparing the dinner, MinNeul glanced at the clock that was hanging in the living room. MyungSoo did tell her that he was going to reach home early but he was not home yet. MinNeul sat on the couch, leaving the hot dinner she prepared on the dining table. She planned to eat with her husband that night and read her novel while waiting for him. She had sent him a message but he did not reply. MinNeul assumed that MyungSoo must be busy because it was also not the first time he did not reply her text. After almost an hour, MinNeul heard a click from the door. She put down her book and looked at the clock. She was surprised that she did not notice an hour had passed and the dinner must be cold already. She stood up and approached MyungSoo who walked into the house with a tensed face.

            “Chocolate-ah…” She greeted him with a smile as she approached him. However, MyungSoo ignored her and went upstairs to their room. MinNeul was taken aback by the way MyungSoo treated her. She tried to figure out what had she done that MyungSoo could get angry but she was sure that she did not do anything. With a furrowed eyebrows, MinNeul trailed him until she reached their room. MyungSoo was taking off his watch from his wrist and threw it on the dressing table.

            “MyungSoo, what’s wrong? Did something happen? Do you have any problem? You can talk to me.” MinNeul said softly. It was rare for her to see MyungSoo’s angry face. The last time she saw his angry face was when he found out about what happened to her and SungGyu. Upon remembering it, she hoped that his behaviour today had nothing to do with it again. MyungSoo scoffed and looked at MinNeul after she said that.

           “Who is the one with problem? You or me?” He said and walked towards the wardrobe, finding his shirt. MinNeul really did not understand what her husband was saying. She frowned and walked closer to him.

         “What are you talking about, MyungSoo? What problem?” MinNeul continued to ask. She really did not understand a thing! MyungSoo halted his movement and heaved a heavy sigh as he hung his head lower. He then looked up and faced MinNeul. He took out a folded paper from his trousers and threw it on the bed. MinNeul turned to look at the paper he threw. She narrowed her eyes and then her eyes widened when she knew what paper was that. She immediately turned to look at MyungSoo, trying to explain to him.

            “Myung… MyungSoo, I-I can explain.” She stuttered. She felt like her heart was going to stop beating and her mind was blank. She had no idea how did he know about this matter.

            “You’re pregnant, MinNeul. Pregnant for freaking five months!” He scowled at her. MinNeul’s body trembled and her lips quivered. Pool of tears were forming in her eyes. Her tongue froze as she could not say anything to her husband.

            “MyungSoo, please.” That was the only thing she could utter. His name, her husband’s name.

            “Who is it, MinNeul?” MyungSoo asked, did not even care what his wife was feeling right now. He was beyond angry already. Yes, he was mad. MinNeul did not answer him. She cried and lowered her head instead. She did not plan this to happen. She did not want him to know by himself because she knew this was what would happen.

            “Who is it?!” MyungSoo raised his voice, making MinNeul jumped a bit. Upon that, a sob was heard from MinNeul. She shook her head and fell on her knees. MyungSoo looked at his wife with mixed feelings. Regret, disgusted, angry, hurt… all of that mixed up till he did not know how to express it.

            “I’m your husband. I can’t even touch you the way I wanted and now… you’re pregnant. Five months, MinNeul. Five months!” He yelled in frustration towards her and messed up his hair. MinNeul kept crying as she shook her head. She knew MyungSoo thought that she was cheating on him. It was true that they never consummate their marriage. She was afraid and MyungSoo understood her, knowing that she must be having trauma due to what happened last year. He promised to wait for her and of course, she knew what was his feeling when he knew that the wife he never touched before got pregnant.

            “I thought you love me.” MyungSoo whispered weakly but MinNeul managed to hear him in her sobs. MyungSoo grabbed his car key and his phone before storming out of the room. MinNeul could only look at his retreating figure and closed her eyes when she heard the car went off. She could not explain it to him as she was shocked that he knew about it, especially after she saw his treatment towards her. It pained her heart and she could only sob. Only her tears could tell the story right now.

            “I do love you, MyungSoo.”

At HyeYeon and SungYeol’s House

            The house was a peaceful as usual. At the living room, the television was left on with a cartoon show was showing. Toys were sprawling on the soft carpet and laughter could be heard. HyeYeon was playing with her daughter, SungYeon and that cute girl could not stop herself from making her mother to laugh when she saw her playing with her toys. Their moments soon was disturbed by SungYeol’s mother appearance in the living room.

            “HyeYeon-ah, is SungYeol going to be back home late today?” She asked. HyeYeon looked up to see her mother-in-law.

            “I’m not sure. I can’t contact him.” HyeYeon answered and observed her mother-in-law who moved to sit on the couch. HyeYeon had contacted SungYeol to ask him whether he was going to be late but her husband did not answer the call. She supposed that her husband was busy at the company. Plus, she already knew what had happened to INFINITE.

        “I want to ask you something, HyeYeon. From what I know, you are already married with SungYeol for quite a long time but why it is so long for both of you to have SungYeon?” SungYeol’s mother asked with a frowned on her forehead. HyeYeon pursed her lips and shifted her sit. She let go of SungYeon so that the little girl could grab her toys and play alone.

            “Well, you do know that SungYeol is an idol right? Plus, our marriage is kept as a secret.” SungYeol’s mother scoffed.

           “Who told you to get married at such a young age? If you didn't marry him, he still can graduate from that school.” She said and HyeYeon just kept quiet. She was hurt by what she said but she did not want to create a fuss with her mother-in-law. It was enough that her mother-in-law hated her for marrying Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter