제 21 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At Han River

            SungGyu looked at the river in front of him. He was standing while facing the river with his hands locked behind him. From far, people could tell that he was enjoying the calm breeze and the beautiful scenery in front of him. He was not alone at that time but behind him was MyungSoo who just came after he was called by SungGyu who wanted to meet him. MyungSoo was curious of the thing that SungGyu wanted to talk about but at the same time, he was nervous and scared. Not because he had done something wrong, but because he was afraid that SungGyu would know his secret or to be exact, his and MinNeul’s secret. MyungSoo frowned after a few moments of waiting and finally opened up his mouth when SungGyu remained quiet.

            “What is the thing that you wanted to talk about? Is that a serious matter?” MyungSoo asked. SungGyu who heard clearly his dongsaeng’s question turned around to look at him at the face.

            “I just want you to be honest with me.” SungGyu replied, earning a frowned from MyungSoo. He was nervous actually, especially when SungGyu was showing him a serious face. He was hoping inside that the topic that SungGyu would want to talk about with him was not about SeonYul.

            “SeonYul… is he really your child with MinNeul?” SungGyu asked and does not forget to emphasise the word ‘really’. Same as MyungSoo, he was nervous to ask about this too, afraid that if he asked the answer would not be the same as what his mind was telling him. MyungSoo gulped silently and looked away. His standing posture was slowly showing that he was uneasy with that question.

            “Of course he is our child.”

            “MyungSoo, you’re lying.” SungGyu said. He could see it all on MyungSoo’s face that he was lying and he started to get more tensed when he noticed that MyungSoo was lying. There was a high possibility that the answer he wanted would be revealed today. MyungSoo did not reply anything but lowered his head instead. He was not ready to face SungGyu and talked about this. It was enough for him to handle his heartbreak during MinNeul’s pregnancy. Now that his wife had gave birth to SeonYul, he wanted to start anew and took care of SeonYul as his own son.

            “MyungSoo, SeonYul is my son right? Tell me the truth, MyungSoo.” SungGyu demanded. He swore that he would cry if MyungSoo kept being silent like that. MyungSoo heaved a heavy sigh and looked at SungGyu. SungGyu was shocked when he saw his eyes. MyungSoo’s eyes were showing a glint of sadness and disappointment.

            “You do still remember what I told you after I knew about that night, right? I told you that no matter what happened, I would never let MinNeul go. So after I tell you, don’t ever think that you could take her away from me.” MyungSoo said. That was his biggest fear actually. He was afraid of losing MinNeul if he told SungGyu about SeonYul. SungGyu would surely want to have his son and of course, the mother of his son. MyungSoo did not want any of that to happen. He did not want to lose his beloved wife. SungGyu sighed after MyungSoo said that. Of course he remembered it. He even remembered it word by word. Even though he could not promise MyungSoo that he would not take MinNeul from him, that he would not ever think of having MinNeul by his side, he would want to listen to the truth first. Thus, he spoke up.

            “Tell me all the things that I don’t know, MyungSoo.”

            “It’s true that SeonYul is your son. How do I know that? It’s because until today, I never touched my wife. I thought she is not ready and traumatised from what happened a year ago but later then, I found out that she is pregnant. And now I know the reason of all this. She knew something happened that night but unfortunately, both of you did not remember it.” MyungSoo explained. He was on the verge of crying but he held it on. SungGyu was speechless for a moment. When he knew that MyungSoo never touched MinNeul as what husbands should do to their wives, he was shocked. He never knew it was going to be like this to both of them. And about that night, SungGyu swore that he still could not remember what happened that night and right now, he wondered what could have happened on that night.

            “How could all of that happen? As what I know, we just drank the drink given and went unconscious. Maybe there was a sleeping pill…” SungGyu did not get to finish his sentence when MyungSoo cut his word.

            “But not MinNeul’s drink. In her drink or if you could remember, the juice… it contained a sleeping pill and a pill… for… that thing.” MyungSoo said, did not have the strength to mention the name of the other pill. He looked at the ground as his shoulder slumped down. SungGyu gasped as his face showed that he could not believe all of that could happen.

            “No way…” He whispered and went stiff. He was totally at loss of word.

            “Maybe at that time, you were too drunk and that’s the reason why you can’t remember it.” MyungSoo said weakly and remained lowering his head. Not wasting any time, his tears fell down, streaming on his cheek. SungGyu was more shocked after he saw MyungSoo was crying.

            “MyungSoo… hyung…”

            “It’s all my fault! If only I never treated SeRa like that, this thing would never happen to MinNeul… to me…” MyungSoo now was sobbing hard. He crouched down and palmed his face to hide his red crying face. SungGyu did not have any word to say as he was still absorbing the situation they were having right now. MyungSoo looked up and spoke up again.

            “Do you want to know why I asked you to take care of her when I can do it by myself? It’s because the child she was carrying at that time is your child. Do you want to know why I asked you to accompany her in the labour room? It’s because I was not the one who was supposed to be there for that child. Do you want to know why I asked you to name the baby? It’s because I know I have no position to name him. That child is yours and MinNeul’s baby.” MyungSoo continued to sob. SungGyu walked closer to him and crouched beside him too.

            “MyungSoo, I… I… I don’t know about this.” MyungSoo shook his head.

            “It’s not your fault. It’s all my fault. Do you want to know why did I cry? It’s because I love MinNeul so much. It hurts to know that she has to bear all the consequences of my mistake. And I’m so sad that I can’t do anything much for SeonYul.” MyungSoo said, pouring out his heart to his leader. Finally, on that day, SungGyu understood why he would never have MinNeul. He finally got the answer of his question all these while. MyungSoo’s love for MinNeul was unconditional. He was willing to hurt himself for her happiness and he sacrificed a lot for her. There was no wonder that MinNeul also was strong-hearted to go through all of their problem. SungGyu suddenly felt ashamed with himself. He could not afford to do all the things that MyungSoo had done for MinNeul and yet he still questioned what he have done that he could not get MinNeul’s love. He did not see it all till today that MyungSoo proved it to him. He patted the younger’s shoulder as if he was giving away his strength to him.

            “MyungSoo, I would never take her away from you. I already know that I would never have her from the day both of you got married. But MyungSoo, I want to meet MinNeul. I have to meet her.” SungGyu requested. From the first moment he was confirmed that SeonYul was his son, his mind kept thinking of MinNeul. He wanted to meet her, he needed to meet her. MyungSoo calmed himself before he wiped away his tears. He knew it was no use to wipe away the tears as if he did not cry because of his red nose and swollen eyes but he still wiped his face. Well, people did say that wiping off the tears from your face was the same as wiping off the past and ready to face the future right? MyungSoo looked at his hyung after he was calm enough to answer his question.

            “She’s at our house with SeonYul. Just go and meet her. I want to be alone here.” MyungSoo said and looked away. He sat on the ground while hugging his knees closer to his chest. SungGyu stood up and nodded.

            “Okay. Thank you, MyungSoo.” SungGyu said and walked away. He knew that his dongsaeng needed time for himself after all the revealing. MyungSoo did not respond but he knew that SungGyu already had walked away from him, leaving him facing the river in front of him. Little did he know, his tears fell again.

At MyungSoo and MinNeul’s House

            MinNeul walked towards the door after she heard the bell was rang by someone. She glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall in the living room before she reached the door. She was wondering who could it be in front of the door since it was a Sunday evening. A smile lit up on her face after she saw SungGyu’s face right after she opened the door. SungGyu also beamed a smile at her. Little did MinNeul know, SungGyu was looking at her intently. His mind was asking how MinNeul could have gone through all of the terrible things. He adored her so much, for being strong.

            “SungGyu oppa, come in.” MinNeul said and opened the door a bit wider to allow SungGyu to enter the house. SungGyu nodded a little and entered the house. His eyes were wandering around the living room to find his son before he turned around to look at MinNeul who was following him from behind.

            “Where’s SeonYul?” He asked.

            “He’s in his room. Just go upstairs if you want to see him. Do you want some drink?” MinNeul answered as she was clear with SungGyu’s intention of coming to her house. She did not have any problem if the INFINITE members want to drop by just to see SeonYul. She knew all of them could not resist her son. SungGyu nodded his head.

            “Cold please.”

            “Okay.” MinNeul beamed a smile and went to the kitchen as SungGyu climbed the stairs to mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter