제 22 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At LuHan and HaNa’s House

            The sound of a car was parked at the garage could be heard from inside the house as HaNa was sitting quietly in the living room. She had been staring at the switched off television for God knows how long. Her mind was occupied with something and she kept frowning. She finally turned her head to the door as LuHan opened it.

            “LuHan…” HaNa called her husband. Her tone was not as usual and it was detected immediately by LuHan. LuHan closed the door and walked towards the living room while observing her as he was wondering what had happened that HaNa called him with that tone. It felt like she was desperate to do something and she could not bring herself to do it. Not to forget, she looked like she wanted to explode.

            “What?” He asked while loosening his tie and his sleeve after he put down his suitcase and his blazer on the couch.

            “What… what have you done to Jung Corporation?” HaNa asked. Just like what LuHan had thought, she seemed desperate when she asked that question. LuHan smirked mentally and kept his calm face in front of her.

            “What’s wrong?” He replied. HaNa did not bother to stand when she was talking to the standing LuHan. She was still in her position just now and only her head was turned to LuHan.

            “You lied to my father.” LuHan laughed a little when he heard that.

            “What have I done, HaNa?” HaNa bit her lips to hold her anger as she narrowed her eyes.

            “Don’t act innocent, LuHan. You took all the shares in Jung Corporation, you took the company’s money and you bring Jung Corporation to bankruptcy!” HaNa yelled when she said the last few words. She could not hold it anymore when LuHan still showed his calm face when she mentioned the first two crimes he had committed.

            “So?” LuHan’s simple comeback made HaNa looked at him in disbelief.

            “My father trusts you, LuHan! How could you do all of this to him?!” HaNa finally stood up and her eyes were now boring into LuHan’s eyes. If eyes could kill, LuHan would be dead right now.

            “That’s what he gets for looking down at me.” LuHan answered and anyone who heard it could sense a hint of hurt in his tone.

            “What do you mean?”

            “You do know that I always got beaten by your father’s followers, right? Every time I was beaten by them, your dad was there. He was there to insult me and I will never forget what he said to me, HaNa. Never in my life!” LuHan raised his voice at the last sentence. The moment he said all of that to HaNa, everything that happened to him before immediately came back and LuHan could not bring himself to tell the whole world how hurtful the words thrown to him by Mr Jung at that time. All of that hurt his pride as a man.

            “So you married me just because you want to get a revenge? LuHan, do you love me or not?” LuHan chuckled as HaNa finished her question. HaNa shook her head a little. The LuHan in front of her was really different from the LuHan she had known before. He was heartless now and it was hurtful to watch him like this.

            “I’m the one who is supposed to ask you that question. Do you love me or not?” LuHan asked her back. HaNa frowned upon that.

            “You’re my husband, LuHan…” HaNa said, hoping that LuHan would know the answer that of course she loved him. He was her husband after all.

            “If he is still alive, you would never marry me, you would never love me.” LuHan replied and HaNa tilted her head to the side as she did not understand what LuHan was trying to say to her.

            “What are you talking about?” LuHan inhaled a deep breath, looked at the floor before he looked back at HaNa in the eyes.

            “You don’t love me, HaNa. You love WooHyun.”

            “WooHyun?” HaNa felt a strange feeling the moment she mentioned the name. It was a foreign name for her at the moment but she felt like she had heard and mentioned the name forever.

            “I don’t know what happened to you but you really forgot about WooHyun. You lost your memories of WooHyun since his death.”

            “Who is WooHyun?” HaNa asked and her heart clenched a bit along with her question. HaNa hated this feeling. It felt like she was not supposed to ask that question. LuHan bit his lips before he proceeded to answer her question. He did not want to bring all of this up but HaNa needed to know this now or never.

            “He was the guy whom you love so much. The guy who made you went against your father, the guy who filled up your heart after I left and even after I came back, the guy whom your father trusted so much! It’s not me whom he trusts will all his heart, HaNa. It’s him!”

            “Enough, LuHan…” HaNa whispered as she held her head. It was throbbing since the moment LuHan explained it to her. At first, she felt like her mind was blank but then the throbbing pain came and she had to clench her head to ease the pain. LuHan smirked when HaNa asked him to stop. He did not notice HaNa’s discomfort.

            “WooHyun died in a plane crash and since he was out of the picture, I got to marry you, take over the company and expand my underground business.” LuHan told her all the truth without caring about her feeling. HaNa was still holding her head when she glared at LuHan and gritting her teeth.

            “I hate you, LuHan…” LuHan let out a small chuckle after she said that. He looked at her for the last time before making his way to his own bedroom, leaving HaNa who was hurting so much from all of the revelation. HaNa dropped her body on the couch as she closed her eyes. Her head was still aching and she was hoping that by closing her eyes, she could ease the pain. However, not long after she closed her eyes, a flash of memory crossed her mind.

“Yes, sir. Can I help you?”

            “Urm, yes. I’m looking for a motorbike.” HaNa observed the man in front of her. She felt like she had seen him before.

            “Erm, I think I have seen you before. But where?” HaNa frowned. She tapped her chin while trying to remember his face.

            “You’re ... you’re Jung HaNa, right?” HaNa who was still thinking immediately looked at him.

            “Yes, but how do you know my name?” She was shocked.

            “My friend told me that you are his friend. He recommended this place for me to look for a motorbike. Do you know MyungSoo?” He asked, politely.  “Kim MyungSoo? L? So that’s why I felt like I have seen you before. You’re Infinite’s member, right?” HaNa asked. He nodded and smiled.

            “Yes. I’m Nam WooHyun.”

            HaNa opened her eyes and her eyes widened upon a realisation. She was breathing heavily.

            “It’s him. It’s his voice. The one who sang in the Ferris wheel. The one who sang the same song as LuHan at the restaurant.” HaNa whispered to herself. Her heart was thumping hard and she did not know why. Her body went stiff as another memory showed up.

“HaNa-ah...” WooHyun called her with a serious face.

            “Hmm?” WooHyun let out a heavy breath and looked into HaNa’s eyes.

            “I asked you that day...” WooHyun paused. He took out a small box from his pocket. He opened the box and brought it near to HaNa. HaNa was shocked to see the shiny thing inside the small box.

            “Will you be my girlfriend?”

            “WooHyun… WooHyun…” HaNa kept calling the name and not long after that she felt herself was crying. She did not know why but a sad feeling came to her when all of the memories hit her. She did not know that it was supposed to be her feeling right now if she did not lose her memories of WooHyun. Her mind did not help her but her heart made her remember all the memories with WooHyun.

“WooHyun-ah, if anything ever happens between us, will you protect our relationship?” WooHyun looked at HaNa and held her hand. He looked at HaNa lovingly and caressed the ring on her ring finger.

            “As long as the ring is here, I will always trust and protect you. I will do whatever to protect our love.” WooHyun said and HaNa was touched with that. Her lips formed a smile.

            “Will you promise me?”

            “Of course, I promise. I love you, HaNa.”

            HaNa looked down and stared at her fingers. There were two rings on her left hand. One was her wedding ring and one more was a ring that she never knew why she wore it but today she finally knew the reason she wore it. It was given by WooHyun. HaNa caressed the ring.

            “WooHyun…” She called his name for the umpteenth time and cried again and again as the memories came back to her merciless. Little did she know, LuHan was looking at her from his room. He sighed when he heard HaNa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter