제 11 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At MinNeul and MyungSoo’s House

            SungGyu came and visited MinNeul again that day as he promised MyungSoo before that he would help him to take care of his pregnant wife. He was there since morning and he was informed by MinNeul that MyungSoo had gone to his cousin’s house and did not allow MinNeul to follow him because of her pregnancy. SungGyu had done many things for her and did not even allow her to do anything as he was worried and scared when he saw her big baby bump. Both of them had finished their dinner, cooked by SungGyu and were now walking towards the living room. SungGyu was holding MinNeul all the time as if she was very fragile and would break anytime.

            “Walk carefully, MinNeul.” SungGyu said and MinNeul pouted. SungGyu did not stop nagging at her since the first second he stepped into the house and it was annoying her. Well, you know... pregnant womens' hormone.

            “Oppa, I can walk by myself.” MinNeul said with a frown. She was walking slowly and was about to reach the couch and SungGyu was beside her and holding her hand to guide her to the couch.

            “I’m not confident of you at all! Look, your bump is getting bigger now you know?” He said and he swore he saw MinNeul was rolling her eyes. He bit his lips to avoid himself from scolding her as he realised that he had been nagging at her more than taking care of her. MinNeul sighed and finally sat on the couch.

            “Ah, so tired.” MinNeul said as her landed on the couch. She caressed her bump and leaned on the couch. SungGyu shook her head.

            “See, you just walk from the kitchen to the living room and now you’re tired. Tsk!” He said, earning an unsatisfied glare from MinNeul.

            “You’re the one that is over protective!” She snapped him back. SungGyu’s eyes widened when she said that but later he stayed calm as he kept reminding himself that MinNeul was pregnant and that was the reason she was behaving like this.

            “You’re pregnant, MinNeul. I have to take extra care for you. If not, MyungSoo will kill me.” SungGyu said, softly. Both of them did not realise that the door was opened from outside, revealing MyungSoo who just got back from his cousin’s house. He heard his name was mentioned and then he approached both of them as he put his car key on the cabinet that was placed near the door.

            “I heard someone was mentioning my name. Is that SungGyu hyung’s voice?” MyungSoo asked as he went deeper into the house to get to the living room. SungGyu and MinNeul turned around and both of them smiled when they saw MyungSoo.

            “Hey! I come to take care of her.” SungGyu said to him.

            “Have you eaten?” MinNeul asked him with a smile. MyungSoo replied with a smile too.

            “I have. How are you today? Feeling well?” MyungSoo asked his wife and sat beside her. He kissed her forehead after he asked that question and SungGyu could not help but to feel a little jealous there.

            “I’m fine but SungGyu oppa scolded me a lot.” MinNeul said and pointed at SungGyu. SungGyu’s eyes widened slightly when MinNeul pointed at him. SungGyu raised both of his hands as if he was surrendering. MyungSoo smiled bitterly at the sight. He knew both of them were close and they were playful with each other.

            “Don’t scold me. She’s the one who is stubborn!” SungGyu defended himself. MyungSoo chuckled half-heartedly and stood up. SungGyu and MinNeul looked at him with a confused face.

            “I’ll go upstairs first. I’m kinda tired today.” MyungSoo said and walked away from the living room without waiting any reply from SungGyu and MinNeul. SungGyu just nodded and MinNeul felt something was wrong with MyungSoo. She just looked at his retreating figure before sighing to herself.

            “MinNeul-ah, drink this milk first.” SungGyu said and pushed the glass of milk to MinNeul. MinNeul did not protest this time. She took the milk and drank it obediently. After SungGyu was done with his task for that day, he excused himself as he had nothing to worry because MyungSoo was home and he could take care of MinNeul after that. MinNeul bid him goodbye and apologised for MyungSoo who did not get back downstairs to send SungGyu off. SungGyu was okay with it and assumed that maybe MyungSoo was sleeping. After SungGyu was gone, MinNeul went upstairs slowly and stepped into their room. She saw MyungSoo was lying on the bed, his eyes opened and his arm was on his forehand. He did not change to new clothes yet. MinNeul approached the bed and sat on it.

            “MyungSoo-ah...” She called him. MyungSoo did not look at her but at the ceiling instead and he just hummed as a reply.

            “You look like you’re not okay.” MinNeul said, more like whispering though. She observed her husband’s face before she could hear a sigh from his mouth.

            “SungGyu hyung went home already?” MyungSoo asked but still, his eyes did not move from the ceiling. MinNeul nodded.

            “Yeah...” She answered and silent filled the room for a while.

            “MyungSoo, are you... perhaps... jealous of him?” MinNeul asked carefully, did not want to hurt his feeling. She was afraid to ask this but she had to let him know one thing for sure. MyungSoo did not answer her but then he turned his head to look at MinNeul and caressed her soft cheek while smiling. MinNeul held the hand that was caressing her cheek.

            “Don’t doubt my love for you, MyungSoo. I love you even though...”

            “I know but my mind still can’t accept the fact that I am not supposed to be happy at this moment.” MyungSoo cut her with his words and it made MinNeul felt bad for him. Tears escaped her eyes and she looked down at MyungSoo’s face.

            “I love you, MyungSoo.” She said between her sniff. MyungSoo was hurt when he saw MinNeul’s crying face. He pulled her closer to him, making her body lie on the bed with him and hugged her tightly.

            “Don’t cry, MinNeul. I’m sorry for behaving like this. Please, stop crying. It’s not good for the baby.” MyungSoo pleaded while drying her tears. MinNeul nodded and wiped her tears as well. She formed a bitter smile on her face and buried her face into his chest as he held her tighter.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter