제 13 장

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At MinNeul and MyungSoo’s House

            SungGyu went again to the couple’s house as MyungSoo called him to look after MinNeul. To their surprise, MyungSoo’s parents visited their house and it made MyungSoo panic especially when SungGyu was there at the house. However, he managed to cover it up and decided to leave SungGyu to take care of MinNeul while he cooked lunch for all of them. He could hear his parents talked to MinNeul and SungGyu and sometimes he could hear both of them were teasing each other that made MyungSoo’s parents laughed along. After the lunch, MyungSoo washed the dishes while SungGyu made a glass of milk for MinNeul. All of them except MyungSoo gathered at the living room after that and SungGyu sat beside MinNeul to make sure she drank the milk.

            “Here, drink it.” SungGyu said and handed her the glass. MinNeul obeyed him and took the glass before she sipped little by little. MyungSoo’s parents smiled when they saw that. They were relieved that MinNeul was well taken care of.

            “Thank you for helping MyungSoo to take care of MinNeul, SungGyu.” MyungSoo’s mother thanked the small eyed leader. SungGyu nodded and smiled sheepishly.

            “It’s okay. I’m free by the way.” He replied.

            “How long have you been pregnant, MinNeul? Your bump is quite big.” This time, MyungSoo’s father asked. MinNeul formed an awkward smile before she answered. Everyone just got to know about her pregnancy when she was at her fifth month and she understood that MyungSoo’s parents were eager to know about it.

            “Seven months, appa.” She answered.

            “I don’t understand why MyungSoo told us about this a bit later.” MyungSoo’s mother said while frowning. MinNeul was nervous and uneasy about that question. She did not want anyone to know about the real story. It was enough for MyungSoo to know about this and he was kind enough to help her go through her pregnancy months to hide the secret.

            “Well, I wanted to make a surprise.” MyungSoo’s voice could be heard and all of them turned to look at MyungSoo who brought a little snack for all of them. He put the snack on the table and had a sit beside MinNeul, making her seat between SungGyu and MyungSoo.

            “I hope you’re ready to be a father, MyungSoo.” MyungSoo’s father said while looking at his eldest son with a stern look. MyungSoo stiffened the moment he heard that. He slowly nodded and his face crept a fake smile.

            “Both of us really can’t wait to for the baby to be born though.” He answered and it was enough to satisfy his father. All of them continued to chatter among themselves. SungGyu did not feel left out though because MyungSoo’s father really knew what topic to bring and sometimes SungGyu would add on some informations too. They chattered comfortably and when the clock almost strike 4 o’clock in the evening, MyungSoo’s mother decided to clean the food they were having just now and walked to the kitchen after asking MyungSoo to help her too. In the kitchen, his mother kept all the things back to the places while MyungSoo was washing the glass that was used by MinNeul just now.

            “MyungSoo-ah, I want to talk to you about something.” His mother’s voice sent shivers to his spine. He calmed himself before he dared to turn and looked at his mother.

            “What’s the matter, omma?”

            “It’s about SungGyu.” With that, MyungSoo could hear his heart was thumping hard. He looked at his mother, afraid that if she noticed his loud heartbeat.

            “Wha-what’s wrong with hyung?”

            “From what I see, SungGyu takes care of MinNeul more than you. Why do you let him do that?” His mother asked and showed her face that was obviously was not satisfied with what she saw just now. MyungSoo sighed and leaned his back on the sink.

            “It’s not like it is a sin to let him take care of her, right omma?”

            “MyungSoo, this is your first child. You and MinNeul are the ones who supposed to handle it together. Why must you involve another person?”

            “I know what I’m doing, omma.” He answered and was feeling guilty when he saw that disappointed look on his mother’s face. She shook her head and heaved a heavy sigh.

            “It’s up to you then.” She said and walked away from the kitchen to the living room. MyungSoo bit his lips and lowered his head. He had his own reason for making SungGyu to take care of MinNeul. MinNeul knew about it and did not like it at all but he was still with his plan because he knew, he did not deserve it. Right after the clock showed 4.30 p.m., his parents decided to go home since the traffic would be heavy at 6 o’clock. MyungSoo, MinNeul and SungGyu bid them goodbye and one hour later, SungGyu decided to go home too. After they sent SungGyu to the door, both of them went upstairs and settled down in their room. MinNeul was sitting on the bed because her back ached a little while MyungSoo was standing at the balcony, looking at the scenery in front of him. MinNeul slowly stood up and approached him. She hugged him from the back by placing her cheek on his back and her arms circled around his waist.

            “MyungSoo?” She called him and he just hummed at her.

            “Just now… Omma kept eyeing SungGyu oppa.” She told him as she was worried that maybe his mother smelled something fishy about their situation. She could not forget how sharp her gaze was when she was eyeing SungGyu who treated her by massaging her back and gave her the milk.

            “Omma talked to me about him.” MyungSoo said and both of them went silent. MinNeul looked up when she heard MyungSoo’s sigh a few moments later. She tightened her hug.

            “Tell me what’s bothering you.” She said slowly, only for him to hear. MyungSoo lowered his head while closing his eyes tight. He was fighting with his feeling right now.

            “Can you tell me how can I fight this feeling?” MyungSoo asked her. MinNeul knew exactly what he was saying about and she understood his feeling so well.

            “Bear in your mind, that I love you so much.” That was her answer for his question. MyungSoo nodded in understanding.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter