에필로그 / Epilogue

9 Mars, 9 Venus, 1 Journey [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Epilogue

 

At DanBi’s Dental Clinic

            One year had passed and DanBi knew she did a great job in making herself stayed away from INFINITE. She still remember the last day she ever met with a member of INFINITE. It was at her office and the last person she met was SungGyu. She rejected him that day and she cut off all the connection with them. Even though she had no planning to move her dental clinic, she knew that either SungGyu or DongWoo got it that she did not want to be involved with them anymore. This is because she changed her phone number and she moved out from her aunt’s house. Even if they searched for her at her clinic, she would make sure that her nurses to tell them that she was no longer there. There was time she almost bumped into SungGyu when she was going to work but she managed to escape. And after few months, the chase had stopped. DanBi was relieved that they did not search for her anymore but she knew deep in her heart, she wanted to go back to their situation in the old times. Back to current situation, DanBi was waiting for the clock to turn sharp to 8 o’clock before she made her move to get out from her office. She was listening to her favourite radio station when suddenly her ears jerked up.

            “We’ll listen to INFINITE’s song, Back…” That was what she heard from the radio and instantly, she turned off the radio. She heaved a heavy sigh after that. She could not bring herself to listen their song because it would remind her of what happened to INFINITE and how she managed to partly cause all of that. DanBi then decided to stand up and grabbed her handbag before she left her office. After saying goodbye to her nurses, DanBi turned to the parking lot to get her car. She was about to think that she got the wrong car when she saw a bouquet of flower on her car. She then checked the plat number and frowned when she was confirmed that it was her car but she was wondering about the flowers. She took the flowers and checked the bouquet. Her heart was thumping as she was hoping that it was not for her. She did not want to have any admire or involved in any relationship. Just the thought of it already made her body tire out. She had enough from her past experience and she was not ready to face it again. She found a small yellow card among the flowers and took it. She placed back the flowers on her car and opened the card to read it.

Han DanBi, I am waiting for you at the rooftop of your clinic. Please come. I’ll be waiting.

            DanBi’s breathe hitched after she read the card. She was scared but at the same time she was curious about the person who sent her the card. She looked at the rooftop of the building where her clinic was located and she noticed that there was a light coming from it. She went nervous because she knew someone was there as usually the rooftop was dark but it did not mean that it was abandoned. It was always dark as the building was closing after 8 o’clock in the night. DanBi then was fighting with herself whether to go or not. She was scared but at the same time she really wanted to know the person who sent the flower to her. She took a deep breath after she made the decision. She decided to go but before that she made sure that she had her pepper spray in case it did not turn out to be a good person. She moved her legs to the building and climbed the stairs to get to the rooftop. As soon as she reached the rooftop, she grew weird because she swore she saw the rooftop was filled with light just now but now it was dark. DanBi gulped and she slowly walked forward as her eyes wondered around to see if there was someone.

            “Anyone here?” She asked and the moment she finished her question, the light was on and she saw someone familiar that made she froze. The person turned around to look face her and DanBi regretted it that she came here.

            “DanBi…” The voice that she did not hear for long time called her name. DanBi could not remove her eyes from his face as she noticed a few changes on him. His hair was cut short and he shaved his side hair but it did not affect his innocent face. He was a bit skinny than the last time she saw him and he still had the same eyes that always looked at her with full of love. It took DanBi a lot of courage to mutter his name. Her lips were quivering upon these unexpected meeting.

            “Op… oppa…” She finally said his name and it made him smile. How he loved her voice when she called him ‘oppa’. He searched for her eyes and knew that she was on the verge of crying but she was doing her best to hold it back.

            “DanBi, please give me a chance. I can’t live without you. How… how can you live like this? Where did you get the strength? I can’t even breathe properly without you by my side. A year without you is killing me. Please, DanBi. Please give me a chance.” The person pleaded with his shaking voice. He had waited for a year and he could not hold it anymore. He was weak without her and he wanted her back. DanBi shook her head but she knew she wanted to ask the same to him too.

            “I… I can’t, oppa.”

            “But why, DanBi?” The person really wanted to know the reason. It was one of the question that was popping in his mind. She always said she could not and what was the reason? He was not satisfied with it and now he demanded the answer. He would make her answer his question tonight.

            “I… I just can’t.” DanBi said and looked down. She was trying her best to hold her tears. DanBi heard the person in front of him sighed before making steps towards her. DanBi was alert hence she moved backward until she was trapped between him and the wall behind her. She was still looking down as her heart had no strength to look straight at his face.

            “Look at me, DanBi.” The person said with a soft voice but DanBi refused to give in. She knew she was going to lose if she looked at him. That person had no choice but to hold her chin and made her look up. DanBi closed her eyes when her chin was raised up.

            “Please, DanBi. Look at me.” The person whispered and his tone was almost begging her. Slowly, DanBi opened her eyes and looked straight at the person’s eyes. After a few moments looking at each other in the eyes, the person slowly leaned in and landed his lips on hers. DanBi did not do anything as she was fighting hard with herself. She knew she was supposed to push him away but she knew as well that she wanted all of this. The person pulled away and looked at DanBi who was looking at him with a blank confused face.

            “Why are you lying to yourself? You love me.” That person said as it was a fact. That was the moment DanBi lose it. Her tears fell and her lips were still quivering.

            “I… I’m sorry, oppa.” DanBi could not help herself anymore. It was not a lie. She loved him and she would not going to deny it anymore. She loved the person in front of her right now. She loved him so much. She loved Kim SungGyu with all her heart.

            “There’s nothing wrong with love, DanBi. The feeling is beautiful. It’s just depend on the couple on how they want to beautify it. And I know we can do it.” SungGyu said as he hugged her. DanBi could not even describe her feeling the moment her head landed on his chest and his arms circling around her waist. She heard his heartbeat and she was smiling with her tears lingering on her cheeks. She raised her hands and circled it around his waist too.

            “I miss you, oppa.” She said as she snuggled closer to him. SungGyu smiled upon it as he loved the feeling of having her in his arm. He caressed her hair before kissing it tenderly.

            “Will you give me a chance?” He asked once again and grinned wider when he felt movement on his chest. DanBi nodded her head as the answer and SungGyu could not ask for more from her anymore. Both of them pulled away and SungGyu once again took a chance to see her beautiful natural face as he caressed her cheek. He was happy that the girl in front of him finally accepted him. A year of waiting was worth it.

            “Thank you, DanBi. And… I love you.”

            “I love you too, oppa.” She replied before both of them leaned in and kissed again. DanBi was grateful that finally met the right person for her. Never in her life had she felt these blissful to fall in love. Kim SungGyu had shown her that love was when the right person and the right time came. Who knows that they would be together now when she was with MyungSoo and DongWoo before these? She still remember the first time she met SungGyu and she was with DongWoo at that time. There was no spark between them and it started when they only had each other during the period INFINITE was in misery. She thought that if she waited for DongWoo, he would come back to her but he drifted even further away. She then realised that she loved SungGyu after he saved her from JiHo but she felt guilty for feeling like that when she was in relationship with DongWoo. That was why she did not want to have anything to do with INFINITE. Aside from feeling guilty for whatever happened to INFINITE, she wanted to stop her feeling for SungGyu. She felt bad to have a feeling for the leader of her boyfriend’s group. It was wrong for her. But after a year, the feeling was still there and she found that she missed him so much that she always wonder how he was doing and whether he missed her too. She was a total loser for not able to stop her feeling for SungGyu but she did not regret it. SungGyu came at the right time and she was not going to waste it. She knew he loved her so much.

Meanwhile for SungGyu, he was glad that he finally found a girl who would make him happy just by having her by his side. His unrequited love for MinNeul and his failed relationship with ShinAe had taught him that he had to have the right person to love in order to be happy. He did not know when he was in love with DanBi because just like ShinAe told him before, he was blind of his own feeling. He assumed that maybe it was because he was too upset with his past love story that he did not even realise that he fell for someone. A year without DanBi was really a great pain to his heart and never in his life had he felt these suffocated. He still remember the last day he met her. His heart broke when she was stick to her decision to not have anything to do with INFINITE anymore. But yet he did not want to give up. He would try to call her and even go to her house but he found out that she changed her phone number and she had moved out from the house. He was glad that she was still working at the same place and decided to pursue her there but she always managed to escape. The nurses told him that she was not working there anymore but she did not believe even a bit. He then decided to observe the clinic whenever he was free and indeed he was right. DanBi was still working there and he knew she really did not want him to see her anymore so he stopped. But it did not mean that he stopped watching over her. It was one of the way for him to ease his heart by looking at her from far. And for tonight, he found the courage to prepare these small event because he could not contain his feeling anymore. 60 seconds was all he need for their story. She disappeared from his life, he didn’t hold her back. That was what he regretted it so much. He did not even hold her back on the last day they met. If he managed to make her stay, both of them would not suffer these much. However, that was all in the past and he was satisfied with his life right now and he wanted to thank Han DanBi for it. The future held a lot of thing for them but he would make sure that they would go through it together. Her happiness was his happiness and her pain was his pain too. He would share it together with her, till the end.

 

At KyonDae and HoYa’s House

            HoYa just got home after his schedule. INFINITE recently made a comeback and HoYa did not manage to reach his house and would always ended up sleeping in the dorm along with the members of INFINITE. He felt bad for it but he was grateful that he had such an understanding wife. KyonDae was totally okay with it but his heart pained whenever she said that she missed having him by her side when she slept. HoYa knew so much that KyonDae loved to sleep in his muscular arm and he loved the feeling of having him in his arm too. He could not sleep well due to his exhaustion but he knew that he could not sleep mainly because of his wife absence. Back to current situation, HoYa was searching for his wife but she was nowhere to be found.

“KyonDae, I’m home. Where are you, love?” HoYa called her but there was no response. He proceed to upstairs and headed to their room, thinking that she would be in their room but he frowned upon that. It was evening and there was no way KyonDae would sleep at that time. She hated it to the core. HoYa opened the door of his bedroom and scanned the room. The bathroom was opened, indicating that KyonDae was not in the bathroom. HoYa frowned even more. He was sure KyonDae was home because her car was in the garage and her house keys was placed on the dining table. HoYa scanned the room once again and his eyes landed on something that made his heart jumped. He saw a leg from behind the bed and found that KyonDae was unconscious. He raced to her side and placed her head on his lap.

“KyonDae! KyonDae, can you hear me?” He asked her in panic but received no response. He observed his wife face. It was pale and her lips were dry. Guilt was tugging on his heart for not knowing that his wife was ill and he was not there for her.

In Hospital

            HoYa looked around in panic as his hand was holding his wife’s hand who was laying on the bed. They had reached the hospital and as soon as they reached there, the nurse asked him to place her on the bed and then went to find a doctor. He was dead worried and even a few seconds felt like hours as he saw no doctor was coming to check on his wife.

            “Gosh, where is the doctor? Is KyonDae sick?” HoYa asked himself and looked at his wife’s weak face. He could not help but to cry in regret when he saw her. He could not take it that something happened to her. Even if KyonDae was sick, he would always be the one to treat her at home, accompanying her to the clinic and would always be with her. Now that she was sick when he was not always at home, it made his heart broke. Well, that shows how much he loved his wife.

            “KyonDae, don’t leave me please. I can’t live without you.” HoYa said before he kissed her hand. He was crying right now and he meant everything he said just now. He lost SooJung and now he did not to lose KyonDae. It was enough for him to feel the pain of losing someone he loved.  He continued to cry until he heard someone calling him. He thought it was the nurse or the doctor but how could they noticed him so easily so he looked up to see KyonDae was blinking her eyes.

            “HoYa, where am I?” She asked with her hoarse voice and it made HoYa’s heart jumped when he saw his wife was awake.

            “KyonDae, you can hear me right? You’re at hospital right now. Are you okay? Please don’t leave me, KyonDae. I’m sorry that I’m not with you these past few weeks.” HoYa said in hurry as if KyonDae was really going to leave him. KyonDae chuckled as he went paranoid even though hurt a little when she laughed.

            “HoYa, I’m not leaving you.”

            “I’m so worried about you.” HoYa said as he looked at her with concerned eyes. KyonDae smiled upon that and noticed that he was crying like a baby and he did not even care to wipe it. She raised her hand and wiped his tears.

            “Yeah, so worried that you cry.” KyonDae joked as she continued to wipe his tears with her thumb. HoYa stopped her hand and it made KyonDae looked at her with confused eyes.

            “Are you not feeling well? Why didn’t you tell me about your condition?” HoYa asked with a concerned tone but KyonDae could sense his stern tone and she did not want to fuss about it. She knew HoYa was afraid if she was sick and that was why he took it serious when she did not tell him about her health.

            “I’m like this because of you, okay.” KyonDae said while pouting. HoYa sighed as he thought that maybe she was sick because she missed her so much. He closed his eyes before he opened it and nodded his head.

            “Okay, I’m sorry for not being with you these past few weeks but still you have to tell me. You know that you can call me, right? What if something happened to you and I can’t do anything about it? I will be in guilt for forever, KyonDae.” HoYa continued to blabber but it made KyonDae laughed even more. HoYa frowned at her reaction.

            “Yah, why are you laughing?”

            “HoYa…”

            “What?”

            “I’m pregnant.” KyonDae replied with a smile as she observed his expression when she broke the news. HoYa’s eyes widened and he froze for a while before he looked over at KyonDae’s flat stomach. He looked back at her and that was when he opened his mouth.

            “You’re… you’re pregnant?” He stuttered and his lips formed a wide smile. He wanted to laugh not because he thought it was ridiculous but because he was too happy.

            “Yeah, four weeks.” KyonDae said and she could not stop smiling as well. She would keep these view in her mind forever. She was glad that HoYa was so happy about it. It was almost two years of their marriage and she was sure that both of them were ready to be a parent.

            “Oh God. Why didn’t you tell me?! Gosh, I’m so happy to hear this. We’ll be having a baby!” HoYa cheered as he hugged her. KyonDae hugged him back and pulled back to answer his question.

            “Well, I knew about it yesterday but well, you’re not home and you said you will be home today so I thought of telling you when you got home.” KyonDae answered. To tell the truth, she was still not over the happiness of knowing that she was pregnant. She was too excited that she wanted to tell him right after she got the news but she planned to tell HoYa when he was home. However because of her weak condition, she fainted before HoYa could reach their home.

            “Well, I have to always be with you after this then.” HoYa said and intertwined their fingers together. He could not wait to go through the nine months period with KyonDae. He knew they could do it together and he promised himself he would do the best for his wife and his child.

            “KyonDae-ah, thank you so much. I’m so happy.” HoYa said and kissed KyonDae’s cheek.

            “I love you too, HoYa and thanks to you too.”

            “I can’t wait to tell everyone about this. The whole nation would be happy to hear this.” HoYa said and it made KyonDae remembered that everyone already know that HoYa was married and that was mean that they would know it too that he was expecting a baby. KyonDae nodded her head at that. She felt grateful that she managed to live in peace after their marriage was announced. The fans could handle it well and HoYa already made sure of her safety. The doctor came a few moments later to check on her. HoYa took the chance to ask him everything about pregnancy and KyonDae could not help but laugh. HoYa was so excited about it that the doctor was flustered by it. The doctor then asked HoYa to follow him to his office to provide him the information. She then was left alone after HoYa kissed her on the lips and trailed the doctor. KyonDae ignored the hospital environment as she was too engrossed in her happiness. She looked down on her stomach and caressed it. The baby somehow made her asked herself how she could be here today and feeling these happy and blessed at the same time. The first time she was feeling like that was when HoYa proposed her at Jeju Island. And the second time was when they were announced as husband and wife and the third time was when she finally found HoYa at Song Island. Talking about when she found him, she still remembered the miserable feeling when she thought she had lost him forever. At night when the stars light up the room, she sat by herself talking to the moon and trying to get to HoYa. In hope HoYa was on the other side talking to her too. She knew he was somewhere out there, somewhere far away. She did not know where the strength came but her heart kept telling her that he was still alive and she did not want to accept the fact that he was dead when they did not found his body yet. Everyone kept wanting her to move on and accepted it but she refused to. And all of that worth it when she finally found him. As much as HoYa did not want to lose her, she did not want to lose him too. She was looking forward to what the future hold for them and she was ready for it. Everything was possible for her when HoYa was by her side.

At Cemetery

            It had been a month since the last time he visited the grave. It was his monthly hobby to go and visit his dead ex-girlfriend’s grave since she died few years ago. He chose the 25th day of the month to be the day he would visit her because she died on the 25th of July. Of course he still remembered it. It was the day where he felt so down in his life. No word could even describe his feeling when he got the news that the love of his life was dead. It was like he was living hell after she was gone. He did not even have a chance to be introduced as her boyfriend. Every future that they planned together was gone that instant. HoYa smiled when he looked at the tomb. SooJung’s small picture was there on the tomb, secured in a glass case. Her smiling face which resemble KyonDae made HoYa looked at it a little longer. It took him a few moments to realise that KyonDae and SooJung was not really the same. KyonDae had the gentleness on her face even though she was lawyer while SooJung had the determination on her face. HoYa laughed alone when he realised he could point out their difference. That shows how much he loved the Park sibling.

            “SooJung-ah, KyonDae is pregnant and she’s already in her fourth week. I’m so happy when I heard that. It will be your first niece! Wait, I don’t know why I said niece but I really want it to be a baby girl. If can, I want to named her with your name.” HoYa smiled gently. He always did these whenever he visited the grave. He would always talk as if she was listening to all his rant. Well, that was one the place that could ease his heart. His heart was confident that SooJung was looking out for him even if she was not there.

            “SooJung-ah, I’m happy with KyonDae. She’s the best wife I ever have and I can’t even tell you how much I love her.” HoYa continued, these time remembering his pregnant wife who was resting at their house. KyonDae knew that he always visit her sister and sometimes if she was not busy, she would follow her husband too. But now that she was pregnant, HoYa was planning not to allow her to walk around actively like before.

            “SooJung-ah, rest well. We will meet again. You will always be in my heart and my mind.” HoYa said finally before he stood up and walked away after he looked at the grave for one last time. That was his usually speech before he walked away and he meant it. SooJung would always be the special one his heart but of course his priority went to KyonDae and now, their baby. At the thought of his wife, he was grateful that he had her as his wife. KyonDae was such an understanding wife and from what he remember, they never have an argument. If there was misunderstanding, he would tell her the truth and she would never doubt him. He was touched when she believed in him in the first place. That showed how much she depended on him and he loved the feeling to be someone whom KyonDae relied on. And because of her, he managed to go back to Seoul earlier. He was amused with her effort and her faith in him. Truth to be told, there was not a single day where he forgot her when he went missing. He knew that he was going to her and the only thing that he hoped for at that time was she would wait a little for him. And by God’s will, they were finally together and managed to live happily till now. The faith they had in each other was one of the reason they were still together and HoYa hoped it would always be like that. He did not want to let the happiness slipped from their life and he wanted to keep it till forever. Now that they would be having a baby, he hoped that their life after these would be more colourful.

 

At SungJong and RiYoung’s Wedding Ceremony

            “Congratulations maknae and RiYoung!”

            “You look handsome, maknae!”

            “RiYoung, you’re stunning!”

            “Look at them. They suit each other so much!” SungJong rolled his eyes upon the continuous praise from his hyungs meanwhile RiYoung could not stop smiling. They were announced as husband and wife a few minutes ago and now they were busy entertaining the guest. However it looked like they could not go to the other guest as INFINITE had so many to tell them and they would want to tease SungJong since he was the maknae. The INFINITE members were alone at their wedding because the wedding included the reporter and people from broadcast station. INFINITE would bring their partner during the dinner that would be held at SungJong’s house.

            “Thank you. And thank you for coming. All of you are so sweet.” RiYoung said while smiling widely. She was so stunning in her white mini wedding dress. It fits her nicely and her short veil made her looked cute instead of looking beautiful like any other bride. Her baby face also helped a little for the ‘cute’ title. She turned to look at SungJong who was now her husband. He had that pissed off face and she wondered why. He should be grateful that INFINITE members were there.

            “I’m begging you, hyung. Don’t ever try anything and don’t ruin my image on my wedding.” SungJong said and that was when INFINITE let out a big laugh. Now RiYoung started to understand that she laughed along. No wonder SungJong was like that, he was worried that his hyungs would tease and make a joke of him.

            “Well then, we should postpone for the dinner later.” SungYeol said while grinning widely and that was when the groom whined. After entertaining INFINITE, they moved on to the next guest until they were sure that they had talk to all the guest. RiYoung felt tired for standing too long and she started to feel hot as her dress was gripping on her body but it was that too tight. It was just making her felt a little uncomfortable for wearing it for a long time. She quickly walked towards the dress room and sat down. She saw her handbag and took it to place it on her lap. She took out a medium size green colour book which was her diary and a pen. The moment she opened the first page, her lips formed a smile. She traced the picture pasted on the first page as she reminisced all the memories. She then turned to a new blank page to write what she felt on her wedding.

JinRi-ah, today is our wedding day. As you wished before, we love each other so much and we would always love each other forever. I finally understand it, JinRi. I finally understand why you chose Lee SungJong. He is the best man I could ever ask for. He is the one who I need either in good time or hard time. Thank you for getting us together in the first place. You will always be our heart. You’re the best dongsaeng, JinRi. Even until your last breath, you still be the best dongsaeng for me. I love so you so much ♥

            RiYoung smiled as she ended her sentence. Actually, she brought the book especially to write for JinRi as if she was telling her whatever happened in her life. JinRi loved green colour and that was why she chose the green colour book and she pasted her smiling photo on the first page. RiYoung missed her so much and she knew SungJong must be missing her a lot too.

            “RiYoung, what are you doing?” RiYoung was startled when she heard her husband was calling her. She looked up as she closed her book and kept it in her bag calmly. She did not want to be curious over the book.

            “Nothing. I’m just tired. Why are you here?” RiYoung said and SungJong came forward, did not have any question about the book she was holding just now.

            “They want to take picture with us.” SungJong told her while caressing her hair.

            “Ouh. Okay then.” RiYoung said and stood up. She was ready to walk but she was held by SungJong. Her eyebrows met as she turned to look at her husband.

            “Why?”

            “Are you that tired?” He asked and RiYoung smiled upon that.

            “No, I’m too happy.” Both of them chuckled. They could not deny it anyway. They were too happy to be united as husband and wife that the tiredness was nothing to them.

            “I can’t believe it that you’re finally mine, forever.” SungJong whispered and leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter