Chapter 8

Best Vacation Ever

Fay was struggling to stay conscious when she heard the faint ringing of her cell phone. Moving hurt. So much. She just wanted to pass out and stop feeling so much pain. Her ringtone was whining for her to pick up. The familiar tones of the Super Junior song kept repeating several times. SuJu. She had to tell someone. She had to warn them that SuJu was getting kidnapped. After several attempts and near-black-outs, she managed to reach into her pocket for her phone. Tears were streaming across her face from the pain. Her hand shook when she tapped the connect button.

“Girl, where are you?”

Chiyoko’s voice sounded through the phone. She tried to answer, but she just didn’t have the energy anymore.

“You’re alright, right? We just heard this super loud scream, that wasn’t you, was it?”

There was a silence when Fay didn’t answer.

“Fay?”

A faint whisper in the background snagged Fay’s attention.

“Isn’t that SuJu’s car?”

“Fay, where are you?” Chiyoko urged, starting to get worried about the lack of response.

“Can’t believe she’s going to miss this sneak peek.”

Fay groaned softly.

“Chiyoko, call the police.”

“What? Fay, is that you? Speak up, girl. I can’t hear you.”

“Call the police,” Fay rasped. “They kidnapped them.”

The effort of talking was wearing her out, fast.

“Who? What?”

She could easily imagine the confused expression Chiyoko must be having right now.

“SuJu is getting kidnapped. The car… They had guns.”

“Guns? What are you talking about? Where are you?”

“You have to… call the… police…”

“Fay?!”

She out.