Chapter 10

Best Vacation Ever

“Shut him up, or we will.”

Shindong glared at them. Whose fault was it that they were such a mess? Eunhyuk pulled up his hoodie and buried his head in Shindongs shoulder, trying to hide his tear stricken face. Shindong could still feel the powerful sobs run through his body. He squeezed his shoulder soothingly. And hoped he would be able to calm down as well. Yesungs eyes were constantly flickering from one armed guard to the next. He was clearheaded, but on edge. Without being able to do anything, it was slowly starting to drive him insane. The closer they were getting to the exit, the antsier he got. There had to be a way out of this. Someone had to notice something. But it was Kyuhyun who was taking it the worst. He was as pale as a corpse and looked a few seconds away from a severe panic attack. He’d closed his eyes and tried to ignore reality, but flinched every time the car hit a bump and the gun pushed into his side more. They wouldn’t let any of the members near him. Obviously trying to control them in case something didn’t go according to plan. While they waited for the parking guard to let them off the terrain, the tension was killing them. Their kidnappers were on edge because they couldn’t get away smoothly like they had planned. And when those crazy fangirls showed up and slashed their tires, SuJu feared a bloodbath. Either the blood of those girls or their own. Luckily it didn’t come to that. The driver was talking with the parking guard, yelling at those crazy fans. By the time he got back into the car, the leader spoke abruptly to calm them all down.

“Keep your head on. We’ll get away soon enough. Once we hit the streets, we’ll be able to keep up with the rest of the plan.”

Meaning holding them hostage until they got the ransom. And possibly kill them right after. SuJu jumped when they heard a knock on one of the side windows. Another parking guard lifted his hand in a friendly greeting. They nodded back, too petrified to do anything else. The guard walked to the driver and smiled.

“Good evening. My colleague said you got in a bit of a jam, could use some help?”

“It’s fine. We’ll just wait for another vehicle to pick us up.”

“That might take a while though,” the guard said. “Do you have a jack in the back? I’m pretty quick in changing a tire.”

“It’s…”

“Don’t worry. My colleague will keep the fans at bay.”

The parking guard stood at the booth, pushing Chiyoko and Tina away who were still arguing with him. The new guard was already walking around to the back of the car. Reluctantly the driver followed and pulled out a spare tire. Kyuhyun had trouble breathing, the gun was shoved in his side to keep them all quiet.

“Eh, can you guys get out for a minute? We need to lift this thing to fix it. And that works a lot better without all the extra weight,” the guard said, chuckling a little at his own joke. “Scared of the fans, huh?”

“There are some pretty crazy ones out there,” grumbled one of the kidnappers with a glare at Zoe and Mai.

“You better stay out of sight behind the car then. We’ll hurry with the wheel.”

He waited for them to get out. For a moment it looked like the kidnappers were just going to kill the guard, but then they grabbed the boys and got out. They couldn’t go anywhere with that flat tire.

There were a few things that snagged Kyuhyuns attention when they got out. How those noisy fans from before were now strangely quiet, for example. Or how the new parking guard was walking awfully close to Eunhyuks kidnapper. He didn’t get much chance to think it over though. Everything that happened next, happened in the blink of an eye. Eunhyuks kidnapper was grabbed from the back and the gun was wrenched out his hand before he could even process what was happening. The first parking guard flashed out from behind the car and er punched another kidnapper. Kyuhyun was stunned. His heart sank to the bottom of his stomach when he felt the hand on his shoulder tighten. He squeezed his eyes shut while he waited for the bullet to hit, but felt the pressing metal disappear from his back.

“Run, kid, we got this.”

He turned and recognized their usual guards. Jongmin and another were wrestling down the kidnapper.

“Go. We already called the police.”

He nodded, but had difficulty ordering his legs to move. Yesung showed up out of the chaos. He grabbed his arm and started pulling him along. The gunshot was ear deafening. The noise jolted Kyuhyun and Yesung forward. A few more sounded. They flinched every time and ran even harder. They didn’t dare look behind them. Shindong and Eunhyuk were already running ahead, ushered on by the fan girls they’d seen by the gate. He stopped trying to make sense of it all and just ran. They ran the entire way back to the Tokyo Dome. An amazing feat for such a long distance. When they stumbled inside, they nearly collapsed trying to catch their breath again. They had never heard such a sweet sound as those police sirens before.

“Kyu, you okay?”

He laid flat on the ground, letting the cold floor cool him down. He tilted his head and saw the others look at them with worry in their eyes.

“You okay?” Eunhyuk asked again.

His voice was still shaking from all that had happened. Kyuhyun lifted his thumb, because he really didn’t have any breath left to answer. Shindong was clutching his side from running so hard. Yesung plopped himself down next to him.

“What the hell is going on here?!”