Chapter 5

Best Vacation Ever

It was starting to get dark by the time the small group of idols walked out of their dressing room. Eunhyuk stretched and rolled his shoulders to relax his sore muscles. Yesung followed him silently, his gaze someplace far away, not really paying attention to anything except following the other members to the car. Shindong was trying to distract Kyuhyun from the game he was playing on his cellphone, but Kyuhyun had managed to tune him out completely.

“How long before the others are done with their interviews?”

Shindong had given up on his mission of annoying Kyuhyun, since it clearly wasn’t working and turned to the one member that was somewhat awake enough to answer.

“I think it’ll be a while,” said Eunhyuk. “They still had two more the last time I checked.”

Shindong nodded. His attention turned to their bodyguards who were silently escorting them outside. He was a bit surprised when he didn’t recognize their faces. They must have been hired as extra help. It had happened before, when there was still too much commotion from the concert. And with the surprise meet and greets, that’s exactly what they got.

“It never seizes to amaze me how much our fans care about us,” said Eunhyuk with a smile, as if he had been reading his mind.

“They nearly tore the place apart when their ticket wasn’t one of the meet and greet,” added Kyuhyun distracted.

They chatted tiredly until they got to the side-entrance and saw a car waiting for them. Yesung was the first to get inside and plopped down on the seat with a satisfied sigh. Shindong followed with a chuckle.

“That tired, huh?”

Yesung nodded.

“Jetlag. When am I ever going to get used to this?”

Outside the car Eunhyuk started searching for something in his pockets. Kyuhyun finally grew tired of his game and looked up.

“What’s wrong, hyung?”

Eunhyuk made a gesture that he was alright, while he turned to their guards.

“Isn’t Jongmin here?”

The bodyguard he’d asked, shook his head.

“Different shift.”

“Aish, he still has my phone.”

“We’ll give him a call when we get to the hotel,” Shindong suggested while he leaned out of the car.

Eunhyuk bit his lip. He didn’t want Jongmin-hyung to have to go all the way to the hotel because he forgot to ask for his phone back.

“Hold on,” said Kyuhyun. “I’ll call your cell. When he sees the caller id, he’ll know we’re looking for him.”

Eunhyuk nodded quickly.

“Thanks.”

Kyuhyun noticed the sudden tension in their bodyguards, but didn’t really pay attention to it. He tapped out the number and wanted to press call, when he felt something cold pressed against the back of his neck. He lifted his other hand to feel what it was, but stopped midway when he heard Shindong's horrified gasp. Eunhyuk had turned as white as a sheet, staring in shock at something over Kyu’s shoulder. A hand gripped his shoulder and one of the bodyguards leaned in to his ear.

“Don’t move and hand the phone over.”

“What…?”

When it finally hit him, what exactly was pressed against his neck, he felt himself turn cold. His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach. His brain was scrambling to make sense of it all. Why were they holding a gun to his head?!

“What’s going on?”

The phone was pulled out of his hand.

“Now, be a good boy and get in the car.”

“What do you want?” he blurted out.

“Get. In. The. Car.”

The guard said it slowly, every word a silent threat. Suddenly one of the men cursed loudly and flew into the car. They heard Yesung cry out in pain.

“No!”

Eunhyuk was slammed against the car, struggling frantically. Yesungs and Shindongs phones were tossed out and shattered on the ground. Eunhyuk craned his neck to see inside. Yesung was clutching his stomach, doubled over in pain.

“If you do something stupid like that again, things will not end nicely.”

“So calling for help is not a good idea,” grumbled the guard in the car annoyed.

He lifted his fist to hit Yesung again. Shindong reacted in reflex and moved to shield him, his eyes wide with fear.

“Enough, we’re wasting time.”

The one who held a gun to Kyuhyuns head, seemed to be the leader. The guard in the car huffed, but settled down on the backseat. Eunhyuk was shoved inside.